How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-01-2013
fashion insider

1 Girl 5 Gays
From Wikipedia

Quote:
1 Girl 5 Gays is a Canadian talk show that premiered on October 14, 2009 on MTV Canada. In October 2010, gay-interest sister network Logo picked up the program and started airing it in the United States. On August 9, 2011, it was announced on their Facebook page that 1 Girl 5 Gays was renewed for a fourth season.
Out Magazine described the show as containing "frank, often curse-laced discussions about bareback sex, masturbation and one-night stands", and analogised it with "The View meets Dr. Ruth, only with hot gay men instead of menopausal madams".

In each episode, MTV host Aliya Jasmine Sovani sits down with five gay men to discuss 20 questions about love and sex. The panel of "5 gays" is an always-changing group of people, each having differing backgrounds and points of view. The fast-paced discussion explores serious themes as well as lighthearted topics dealing with romance and pleasure.
For the start of its third season in 2011, the program did a four-episode mini-series where Sovani had a cast of five lesbians answering questions.
When the show airs during prime time, some segments are grayed out and muted, with a notice that the uncensored show will air later.

03-01-2013
fashion insider

03-01-2013
V.I.P.

This, along with RPDR, is probably one of the top 5 shows I consistently watch. It's SO good. I remember I started watching it when I was in HS and could relate to so many of the questions being asked. Good thing there are shows like this.
Sigh, but you know U.S. MTV would NEVER air a show like this. Ugh.

fashion insider

03-01-2013
fashion insider

03-01-2013
fashion insider

03-01-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagerfeldBoy View Post
This, along with RPDR, is probably one of the top 5 shows I consistently watch. It's SO good. I remember I started watching it when I was in HS and could relate to so many of the questions being asked. Good thing there are shows like this.
Sigh, but you know U.S. MTV would NEVER air a show like this. Ugh.
It comes on the LOGO channel in the US.

04-01-2013
fashion insider

Haha! I would have never expected to have seen this on TFS!

I remember when my friend sent in some YT videos I did with him and he sent them to casting director for 1G5G and they had brought me into their studio for an audition! They bring you in along with 4 other guys and do a similar discussion scenario like that on the show, although i'm far too shy around people and my responses were easily interrupted (guess i'm not that frisky), I ended my friendship with the person who sent in my videos shortly after so I still don't know till this day if I was considered to be on that show.

I personally don't know how people can stand this show, us gays in Toronto know and see most of these guys in real life, they've definetely let their international fame go to their heads. Not to mention, most of the castmembers are drunk prior to discussion, and more than half the stuff they talk about isn't even true (again, I know these people, lol).

You should see some of crap they say on their twitters/tumblrs, most of the cast members are constantly attacking eachother, so much for showing a positive support against gay bullying.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
gays, girl