How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2012
front row

So not happy because of Fencing women individual épée.

30-07-2012
fashion icon

Devestated for Tom Daley and Pete Waterfield

30-07-2012
in the mood for love

1st Gold for Lithuania!! a 15 year old Ruta Meilutyte wins womens swimming 100 meters breaststroke.

V.I.P.

^She was amazing! I couldn't believe she was only 15 until I saw her standing on the podium

30-07-2012
V.I.P.

What a heartbreak for Ukrainian mens gymnastics team. So close to the podium (the smallest difference between any two team in the top eight). For some reason when my app first updated the result, Japan was in fourth and I got so excited. Then I kept waiting for the Ukraine to get added a medal and it never came. Turns out, Japan came second. Were there any home favoritism for judges to allow Brits to get the Bronze instead?

Anyway, Ukraine got gold women individual epee (sorry Raymond Kim), that was a pleasant surprise.

fashion insider

Britain actually performed well for once in the Team Gymnastics. The crowd really propelled them into doing better than anyone though they could. With Japan they appealed over a docked tenth or 0.5 or something and the deduction got revoked.

30-07-2012
tfs star

^Yes I'm pretty sure the only 'home favouritism' is the loudness of the cheers from the crowd. They deserved a silver.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Kim View Post
So not happy because of Fencing women individual épée.
oh you're talking about the korean girl?? that was so incredibly unfair! they literally gave 3 chances to the other contender to win

30-07-2012
Vogue Paris Intern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeispeachy View Post
So happy for Yannick Agnel, what a champion !
And he's only 20! A new major player in the swimming field.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
oh you're talking about the korean girl?? that was so incredibly unfair! they literally gave 3 chances to the other contender to win
So devastating about that situation. Judges admit that one second is passed. But what the hell about they cannot change decision because of authority of judges? So depressing.
They did similar decision yesterday in a Judo men -66kg. I don't know what is all about unfair judges' decision.

Last edited by Raymond Kim; 30-07-2012 at 07:13 PM.
30-07-2012
fashion icon

Totally feeling for Britain since Tom Daley and Peter Waterfield didn't medal. I really did want them to get in the top three, even if technically I suppose I'd be expected to root for team USA. Fourth place must be the worst place to end up placing- it's so close but so far. But I'll be rooting for Tom during the individual event....here's to hoping!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
Britain actually performed well for once in the Team Gymnastics. The crowd really propelled them into doing better than anyone though they could. With Japan they appealed over a docked tenth or 0.5 or something and the deduction got revoked.
Aha, so that's what happened. Shame then. Ukraine always gets screwed somehow.

V.I.P.

Ruta M's winning is shocking but well she deserves it...that girl is amazing

and I am officially in love with Missy Franklin and she is of my age!

30-07-2012
Stitch:the Hand

egads nbc keeps digging itself a bigger hole by the hour....because of this "tape delay" controversy(which is NOTHING new with nbc's coverage of sports events abroad)they now have given away the result of missy's performance before it even got to air in the states,by showing a promo for the today show. stupid network.

btw,what a great match today between the japanese and italian women in volleyball. the japanese fought hard to get that set and was down in the final set before climbing back and mai yamaguchi was on fire! in the end the italians were too consistent.

30-07-2012
fashion icon

^I know. NBC is the WORST. Ugh, first they annoyed me with the whole Ann Curry business a month ago but now they keep on making mistakes with the coverage of the olympics. I wish they didn't have all the rights to airing the olympics, it's rather unfortunate, even BBC America isn't allowed to show footage of the games.

Was anyone else shocked by the results of the mens gymnastics final? Britain really should have gotten silver, I can't believe that Japan ended up with it. They should have never been awarded points for their protest. And I feel terrible for the Ukrainian team too, they looked so gutted. But I am pleased that Britain did end up getting a medal, the first one for GB in men's gymnastics since 1912! So, it wasn't all bad.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, london, olympics, summer