How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-08-2012
fashion insider

^ That's what has been annoying me. I was pretty much indifferent to Phelps a few days ago but the media have been absolutely ridiculous.

02-08-2012
V.I.P.

^I know, right? Makes me want him to win even more just to shut them up.

[and everytime she laughs. she hopes he's watching.
so he can fall for her smile. just as hard as she fell for his.]
<3

02-08-2012
V.I.P.

Phelps, he looks genuinely happy after winning his first individula gold medal i wanted to cry cos after everyone predicting that he wont win any golds.

Go Phelps!!

at the same time, i feel kinda bad for lochte... no gold medals for him yesterday

03-08-2012
fashion icon

I'm so incredibly happy for Gabby and Phelps...both absolutely killed it today. Gabby was fantastic, she totally deserved the gold. And besides being the first African American to get gold in the all-around (which is fantastic in it's own right) she's the first American to win gold in both the team competition and the all-around. So, a pretty historic day, to say the least! I imagine a million little girls were watching her routine and have/will be inspired by it (and who can blame them? It was pretty inspiring). I totally teared up when she won and was on the podium, but then again these sort of things always make me emotional. :p

And as for Phelps, it's great to see him get another medal, he's just making a little bit harder for anyone else to ever beat his record! I'm looking forward to seeing Phelp's last race tomorrow, especially since he'll be swimming against Chad Le Clos which could make for an interesting race. I have a feeling I'll probably tear up after the race though, I mean I've been watching him swim since I was like 11, and he's always been one of my favorite's to watch.

And I love me some Ryan Lochte, but I do agree that he's probably a bit too hyped up. He really is a great swimmer but sometimes when people get hyped up they don't do as well (unless of course you are Michael Phelps...but he's just a freak of nature ). It probably does something to your confidence and/or ego. People will have such high expectations that it can be so difficult to match them. Whereas if you aren't as talked about have more of a chance to give it your all without worrying that you'll be letting down like a whole nation or something. Which is why when Chad Le Clos beat Michael Phelps the other day it was amazing to watch- it was so unexpected and exciting.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 03-08-2012 at 12:34 AM.
03-08-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyLeReveur View Post
oh dear i love gabby but i think komova's floor exercise was better- she should have won

i wanted to cry so much for komova when she broke into tears

i feel sorry for mustafina too--if it wasnt for the beam--she might have won the silver/gold medals

the russians and chinese are having some bad luck this time--i think they need to be more relaxed like the americans
i liked Komova's floor more too but i think Douglas still deserved the gold, overall she was impeccable especially on the beam and vault
about Komova crying.. i almost rolled my eyes tbh, i mean she got silver anyway and considering that if Mustafina and Raisman wouldn't have made that big fault on the beam she easily would've been out of the podium, she was actually lucky.. i felt worse for Mustafina

anyway big congrats to Gabrielle and the US! i didn't realize that her win was so historic!

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
And as for Phelps, it's great to see him get another medal, he's just making a little bit harder for anyone else to ever beat his record! I'm looking forward to seeing Phelp's last race tomorrow, especially since he'll be swimming against Chad Le Clos which could make for an interesting race. I have a feeling I'll probably tear up after the race though, I mean I've been watching him swim since I was like 11, and he's always been one of my favorite's to watch.
thats a little humble

phelps is a legend

03-08-2012
trendsetter

^^ Komova seems to be very competitive and emotional imo. As far as I know she got the 2nd place plenty of times in the other competitions, so it's understandable if she felt frustrated, failing to get a gold medal again.

I was absolutely gutted that she only got 2nd place, especially after that wonderful floor routine, and her tears were just heart-breaking

Last edited by Eyrene; 03-08-2012 at 02:30 AM.
03-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
i liked Komova's floor more too but i think Douglas still deserved the gold, overall she was impeccable especially on the beam and vault
about Komova crying.. i almost rolled my eyes tbh, i mean she got silver anyway and considering that if Mustafina and Raisman wouldn't have made that big fault on the beam she easily would've been out of the podium, she was actually lucky.. i felt worse for Mustafina

anyway big congrats to Gabrielle and the US! i didn't realize that her win was so historic!
if the judges gave the marks for Komova's floor that she deserved (at least, it worths 15.5 imo), komova would have won. so Komova deserved the gold as well. but douglas is also good, i just love komova more--that floor was so elegant

mustafina she might have won a gold and silver if it wasnt for the fault. i was having high hopes for her.

i hope the russians/chinese are gonna win some golds from the americans in upcoming individual events

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyrene View Post
^^ Komova seems to be very competitive and emotional imo. As far as I know she got the 2nd place plenty of times in the other competitions, so it's understandable if she felt frustrated, failing to get a gold medal again.
u are so right! poor komova, i understand the feeling of always being no.2, it sucks really

03-08-2012
trendsetter

Does anyone know where I can see the video of the fab five intro? Like the one they play when they were being announced in the Today show. It had Phillip Phillip's "Home" playing in the background.

03-08-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
And I love me some Ryan Lochte, but I do agree that he's probably a bit too hyped up. He really is a great swimmer but sometimes when people get hyped up they don't do as well (unless of course you are Michael Phelps...but he's just a freak of nature ). It probably does something to your confidence and/or ego. People will have such high expectations that it can be so difficult to match them. Whereas if you aren't as talked about have more of a chance to give it your all without worrying that you'll be letting down like a whole nation or something. Which is why when Chad Le Clos beat Michael Phelps the other day it was amazing to watch- it was so unexpected and exciting.
And Yannick Agnel winning in 200 free too, that was as unexpected and surprising.

With or without hype, Lochte naturally has a huge ego. The most unbearable part about this hype is the Ye Shiwen scandal. Just because a female, Asian swimmer broke his record.....

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

Seriously, how cute is this? Ryan and Missy

lovingyouryanlochte tumblr

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

chinese women volleyball team

03-08-2012
V.I.P.

Komova was great, maybe her floor routine was even a bit better than Gabby's (though i prefer the Americans' powerful, confident style), but it's all around, and Gabby was the better and totally deserved it. the Russian girls should learn to appreciate silver more... i mean it's so hard emotionally when you were so close to the gold and didn't get it, but silver is great as well... especially considering Russians weren't even in the top 3 in 2008, Beijing.
Aly Raisman is the one i feel sorry for a bit.

btw what is this thing on twitter about Gabby's hair?? i didn't see anything wrong with it...

Last edited by coco vaughn; 03-08-2012 at 04:58 AM.
03-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco vaughn View Post
Komova was great, maybe her floor routine was even a bit better than Gabby's (though i prefer the Americans' powerful, confident style), but it's all around, and Gabby was the better and totally deserved it. the Russian girls should learn to appreciate silver more... i mean it's so hard emotionally when you were so close to the gold and didn't get it, but silver is great as well... especially considering Russians weren't even in the top 3 in 2008, Beijing.Aly Raisman is the one i feel sorry for a bit.

btw what is this thing on twitter about Gabby's hair?? i didn't see anything wrong with it...
i feel super bad for the chinese gymnasts now they won almost everything gold medals in gymnastic events

and The US team seems to be so strong this year--but still Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson are my favs (its too bad that they couldnt make it this year)

Last edited by ChristyLeReveur; 03-08-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, london, olympics, summer