How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-07-2012
fashion insider

They started hours ago and Phelps scraped through to the final. I can't remember which specific event it was at the moment.
Posted via Mobile Device

28-07-2012
fashion icon

^It's the 400m Individual Medley. And Phelps is in 8th place meaning that he'll have a shoddy spot on the outside lanes, more likely to be affected by the water flowing over from other lanes. It'll be an interesting race to watch.

V.I.P.

Sidney opening ceremony was so much better than London and Beijin's...

V.I.P.

skyscrapercity

V.I.P.

oh phelps...
but lochte was faaaast. darn, he was like an anima HAHAH
i really like them both so i am glad even one of them got something gold.

did i understood right that phelps don´t even like swimming 400m individual medley??

Last edited by Jenna-maria; 28-07-2012 at 01:43 PM.
28-07-2012
V.I.P.

Poor Phelps, I really expected better. Its great that Ryan won the gold!
China's leading with 4 medals!

Individual winners http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-winners/

Medal Count for Country: http://www.london2012.com/medals/medal-count/

28-07-2012
fashion icon

I wonder should we put our comments in white because of the time differences for everyone...in case people don't want spoilers?

Anyways, I agree, Jenna-maria, I really feel for Phelps. Did you see his face after he realized he got fourth? He looked rather gutted. But at the same time it was phenomenal seeing Lochte win. Unreal almost. It's hard choosing who to root for because it's sort of like choosing between the old guard and the new guard. It's hard to see someone like Phelps not do well but at the same time it's amazing to watch someone like Lochte come into his own. So for now I'm just rooting for them both!

V.I.P.

Good job Lochte. At least now the competition between Lochte and Phelps will be more interesitng.

28-07-2012
fashion insider

The Women's 400m Medley was so good. The winner came out of nowhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

28-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpriss View Post
However, I admit the UK uniforms didn't impress me at all. Au contraire - what's with all the gold? They were trying to avoid some kind of Union Jack overload?
and the golden armpits were so distracting!

after watching the entire opening ceremony, imo the best was the beginning (very impressive setting), the cauldron lighting, the humor and the music..
the weaker parts were the children stories with the giant puppets and the concept of the music section with the Grease-like storyline was very basic, really like the soundtrack though!

Last edited by Lee MG Tisci; 28-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.
28-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee MG Tisci View Post
after watching the entire opening ceremony, imo the best was the beginning (very impressive setting), the cauldron lighting, the humor and the music..
the weaker parts were the children stories with the giant puppets and the concept of the music section with the Grease-like storyline was very basic, really like the soundtrack though!
I feel the exactly same way. I loved the first two stories with the farming and then the industrial revolution, but then the whole hospital business came on and the literature characters (while an interesting idea) came out terribly. But I hated even more that whole Grease-like storyline. One, it was very basic, cliche and overplayed (I mean, one loses the cellphone, the other finds it and then they fall in love? what?). But two, it was way too long. It was like, does UK have anything other than punk-rock music scene?

But other stuff was impressive.

don't look down

I don't think I would have been able to sit through the opening ceremony without constantly thinking about the amount of taxpayers' money that went into it - mine included - so there's something to be said for not going completely over the top and trying to outdo Beijing, when you're in the middle of a recession that will still be here long after the Olympics are over. I'm passionate about the sports, but not the circus.

V.I.P.

China is leading!! So proud

I'm happy that Sun beat Park in swimming... That Pak person said sth mean about Sun before the game

So as Lochte he deserves it but I feel bad for Phelps I hope he will get at least a bronze medal next time.
Posted via Mobile Device

28-07-2012
backstage pass

Yeah Phelps seemed kinda dumbfounded in his interview right after. To me it just seems he isn't as 'hungry' as he used to be, maybe his head just isn't in it. I'm so happy for Ryan though, I thought for a second we were looking at a record breaker. I'm excited to see what else he does!

you soft and only

In regards to the Opening Ceremony, I'm always more entertained by the Parade of Nations than any "entertainment" things they do. That's the best part of the Opening Ceremony, as far as I'm concerned.

LOL and why am I supposed to feel bad for Phelps losing? Nobody feels sympathetic towards the athletes he beat in Beijing (or the swimmers who lost in this race). He's a big boy. I'm sure he'll get over it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, london, olympics, summer