How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-07-2012
fashion insider

Yeah I don't particularly feel bad for him. He's bound to win more and for someone who was in an outside lane, he did quite well.
Posted via Mobile Device

29-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
In regards to the Opening Ceremony, I'm always more entertained by the Parade of Nations than any "entertainment" things they do. That's the best part of the Opening Ceremony, as far as I'm concerned.

LOL and why am I supposed to feel bad for Phelps losing? Nobody feels sympathetic towards the athletes he beat in Beijing (or the swimmers who lost in this race). He's a big boy. I'm sure he'll get over it.
me too

29-07-2012
fashion icon

As for the opening ceremony it was all going so well until the Arctic Monkeys. We have an impressive pool of musical talent,and that was the best they could give us?! And don't even get me started on Paul McCartney. I mean seriously,I was dying of shame. I love The Beatles,but he is just awful live,and it looked way past his bed time. Elton John would have been a better choice IMO.

Go Rebecca Adlington! Looking good for her so far!!

29-07-2012
V.I.P.

3m springbroad is on!!

go china!!! i wish guo jingjing was here tho

the commentor here said, "we can sit down and watch china to get the gold medals" lol

29-07-2012
V.I.P.

I'm so dissapointed with Radwanska's first game in tenis. The game was badly, heavy, without any ideas how to do it. I was really ounting on her, since she was second girl in Wimbledon.

29-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueorchid View Post
LOL and why am I supposed to feel bad for Phelps losing? Nobody feels sympathetic towards the athletes he beat in Beijing (or the swimmers who lost in this race). He's a big boy. I'm sure he'll get over it.
exactly! doesn't he have enough medals already??

29-07-2012
V.I.P.

wow the chinese stikes again

the USA and Canada both did really well

wu minxia did a great job as usual...so did He Zi (although i didnt know her before and i wish Guo was here instead)

so proud of china

29-07-2012
V.I.P.

i was feeling bad for phelps because i wanted him to get world record. HAHAH.
and oh yeah, his face expression...
YAY! tonight another swim final.

Blood On The Leaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
i was feeling bad for phelps because i wanted him to get world record. HAHAH.
and oh yeah, his face expression...
YAY! tonight another swim final.
Are you talking about yesterday's fiasco?

29-07-2012
fashion icon

Is anyone else a little ticked off over the lineup for the US team during the Mens 4x100 Freestyle relay? James Feigen, Matthew Grevers, Ricky Berens and Jason Lezak all swam it during the preliminaries but they've been replaced by Lochte, Phelps, Cullen Jones and Nathan Adrian. Now I understand how swimming works (having swam for 8 years myself) but still...seems a bit unfair to these guys cause they probably wont get a lot of the credit if the US team gets a medal. But at the same time I realize that Lochte and Phelps are two of the best... ugh... so much drama!

windowshopping

(throwing things back a little: ) the Opening Ceremony was absolutely incredible. At the beginning. Then, when the kids segment started, our 4 kids were over the moon! While they didn't really get the industrial part (when we were completely blown out with the setting and the deployment of decor and human resources), the part with the stories, the beds, kids being tucked in or jumping up and down their giant beds hooked them completely! The dancers as well. So we might not be at the proper age to judge that scenery

All in all, Boyle did a wonderful job, taking everyone into consideration, big and small!

Oh, and yes, "grease" was a bit too long. Yet, we have to think about the athletes, they belong to the young generation - how would one break down the importance of the World Wide Web to them? In Tweets and FB updates about relationships and music, right (what? wouldn't you expect them to be overblown by the industrial revolution?)? So... makes sense after all...

29-07-2012
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i loved the opening ceremony especially the athlete parade..the costumes were awesome this time around many made a style effort

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Check this out

http://www.styleite.com/media/photos...g-ceremony/#11

you soft and only

^ I forgot how most of the outfits looked, I'm cracking up at Sweden!

I don't get the flight attendant look most of these countries are trying to go for, I kind of prefer the more "sporty" looks.

29-07-2012
front row

Ouch. I didn't expect Men's 4x100m to end like that. Phelps gave the US team such a lead that I was sure they were going to keep it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cul8tr View Post
I'm so dissapointed with Radwanska's first game in tenis. The game was badly, heavy, without any ideas how to do it. I was really ounting on her, since she was second girl in Wimbledon.
Tell me about it! Even though I'm not a big tennis follower, I was so frustrated with that game. Itís a shame weíre not going to see more of her during Olympic games. Now I'm keeping my thumbs up for our volleyball team .

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, london, olympics, summer