How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

The Amazing Spider-Man Saga
since there's a lot talk about this movie and there's going to be a panel at the CC about it, i guess, not to be off-topic in Andrew's thread, we should start a new thread?
Quote:
Simultaneous with the cancellation of Spider-Man 4, Sony announced that the franchise would be rebooted with a new director and new cast starring Andrew Garfield as Parker. The Amazing Spider-Man is scheduled to be released on July 3, 2012.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 20-07-2011 at 06:27 PM.

20-07-2011
trendsetter

It looks OK to me, not wow like some of the other trailers in the trailer thread. But I think it's still something I would go watch regardless.

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

I´m moving my posts from Andrew´s thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon
I like it, it´s a bit darker than the previous movies isn´t it...?
the first person view is very video game-ish
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon
I want to know what´s the deal with his parents... I don´t remember them from the comic books (granted, I was never a hard core fan).
Wonder if he runs into a model in the Hearst Corporation building LOL
It looks like Gwen is working in the lab?

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

yeah, i didn't like the trailer as much as i hoped, but it does look fine. at the moment, the only thing that's making me go watch is the cast. i like the casting a lot, Stone and Garfield are both fierce!

EDIT: since i never read the comics, i didn't have a clue Stone's playing Gwen, not Mary Jane.
Koko - here's what wiki says about his parents:
Quote:
Captain Richard Parker, a decorated soldier of the United States Army Special Forces, was recruited by Nick Fury to the C.I.A.. His much older brother, Ben Parker, was married to May Reilly Parker.
Mary Fitzpatrick was the daughter of O.S.S. agent "Wild Will" Fitzpatrick. She attended the best schools and eventually followed in her father's footsteps, becoming a C.I.A. translator and data analyst.
Richard and Mary met on the job, fell in love, and married. Originally they eloped, then later had a more elaborate service, fooling many. Mary became a field agent like Richard, giving them both an easy cover as a married couple. They were assigned to investigate Baroness Adelicia Von Krupp, who had captured an agent of a "friendly power" (who turned out to be Logan, aka Wolverine, then a Canadian operative called Agent Ten). They rescued Logan from the Baroness and Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. After that mission, they discovered that Mary was pregnant; Logan was actually the first person to congratulate the Parkers, commenting later that he never saw an agent as tough as Richard Parker go that white that fast.
Their son Peter Benjamin Parker was born some months later. However, Richard and Mary were frequently away from him on missions. While they were away, he was left in the care of Richard's older brother Ben and his wife May.
While on a mission to investigate Albert Malik, the third Red Skull, they posed as traitors and double agents to infiltrate his criminal organization in Algeria. Unfortunately they were discovered. Malik framed them and brought in an assassin called the Finisher to kill the two. Finisher sabotaged their airplane and caused it to crash. They were subsequently declared missing in action/presumed dead[1], as two burnt bodies were found in the remains.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 20-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.
20-07-2011
trendsetter

Yep the cast is what is essentially making me want to watch it too. I'm a huge fan of Martin Sheen and Sally Field, plus it has Andrew and Emma as well as Rhys Ifans so it should be good.

20-07-2011
V.I.P.

I'm not interested at all. It just doesn't have the same oomph as the other spiderman films.

21-07-2011
fashion icon

To be honest I was a bit surprised to hear that they were rebooting the series so soon after the last film. You think they would wait like 10 or more years before rebooting the series. What's the point in making a film about five years after the last one? Although it's probably all about the money. That being said, I do love the casting for this film. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are both fantastic actors. And the trailer doesn't look half bad. So who knows...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
To be honest I was a bit surprised to hear that they were rebooting the series so soon after the last film. You think they would wait like 10 or more years before rebooting the series. What's the point in making a film about five years after the last one? Although it's probably all about the money. That being said, I do love the casting for this film. Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield are both fantastic actors. And the trailer doesn't look half bad. So who knows...
Agreed about the reboot, i did find it strange, but, as you said, its all about the money. It will be interesting to see how this goes considering there are more than few action comic movies next year, with Avengers being awaited the longest.

V.I.P.

talking about Avengers, if PP´s parents were recruited by Nick Fury do you think there´s a reason they show them in this reboot? maybe they´ll appear in Avengers?

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
talking about Avengers, if PP´s parents were recruited by Nick Fury do you think there´s a reason they show them in this reboot? maybe they´ll appear in Avengers?
That's a good point. My guess is there might be cameo, there's obv a reason why they suddenly put them in the movie. The connection might even be in the fact they picked up the early stories of Spiderman. Tho, if Tony Stark's in Avengers means story's set in today.. I remember seeing Tony Stark Sr. in Captain America trailer, and that story is from 40s, wolverine is from 70s and spiderman from 60s, meaning if CA is eligible being the oldest so might be PP's parents. Spiderman isnt in Avengers, right?

V.I.P.

^every Marvel character is in every Marvel story LOL but no, Spiderman is not in Avengers

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

it looks good,but what is the difference between this n the other ones?

V.I.P.

i think this one deals with the early spiderman stories. dunno.

V.I.P.

Sooooooo looking forward to this. I love the cast and I love a good comic book movie. The teaser trailer was great. Sucks we have to wait a year.

I've heard because Spiderman (and X-Men) are owned by other studios they can't appear in any other marvel movies like The Avengers.

21-07-2011
V.I.P.

could be...i know this reboot is by Sony, X-Man is by 20th Cent.FOX and IronMan is Paramount but with 2 more Marvel firms (the first movies i named had only one Marvel prod).

EDIT: just found this on the web:
Quote:
...Avengers is of course a Marvel Studios/Walt Disney Pictures film, and the earlier ones were Marvel Studios independent project that were bought for distribution by Paramount Pictures. Whereas The Amazing Spider-man, contrary to Thor, Captain America and the second The Incredible Hulk film, is primarily controlled by Columbia Pictures.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 21-07-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amazing, saga, spiderman