How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-10-2013
V.I.P.

LOVED it! Man, so much crazy once again!

10-10-2013
V.I.P.

i cannot stand emma roberts in this I would have loved to see a different girl in her place.

10-10-2013
rising star

^Lindsay Lohan would be perfect I don't mind Roberts' character at all, but she's so far quite a cliche (bitchy past-expiration mean girl) and I hope she gets more fleshed out throughout the season.

Bates, Bassett, Lange are of course ****ing fantastic. They breathed fire in every scene.

Last edited by Hot Cowture; 10-10-2013 at 11:47 AM.
10-10-2013
V.I.P.

^no her character is fine but I wish it wasn't her I just hope this season isn't going to be about how f***ed can we make each episode. I mean gang rape, Tessa's (basically Rogue from X-Men) vagina powers, what else

10-10-2013
backstage pass

^^^ Yeah, getting an X-Men vibe.

This episode was good. Not great. That air of mystery and dread in the previous seasons seems to be missing here.

I kind of loathe the title "Bitchcraft" though. Oh well, still entertaining.

Kathy was creepily good, but Jessica... she owns this again. Her Force push, Jedi mindtricks... just fantastic. And seeing Angela-- if only for a brief moment, was a nice roundup to this unholy trio. I'm disappointed Angela is only a "Guest Star", and I anticipated every scene for her appearance. She definitely did not disappoint visually-- what a supremely beautiful woman. Looking forward to seeing her resurrected in the modern times to do battle with Kathy.

Seeing Angela in her headwrap, makes me yearn to see Eryka Badu make an appearance in Coven. How perfect would that be...?

10-10-2013
V.I.P.

^omg that would be a dream (sorry if I keep coming back here ) yes Angela literally does not age and her acting skills are just as strong as Jessica Lange's

10-10-2013
backstage pass

I take it more girls will be joining the school?

How cool was it to see the albino model in the beginning as a guard? I'd love to see more model cameos. You know, since Coven takes place (predominately) in the deep south, it would be nice to bring in actors who can pull off that Southern/ Cajun vibe to lend an air of authenticity-- like Thandie Newton and Lisa Bonet; both have that otherworldly beauty and quality about them. Thandie was amazing and creepy in Beloved, and I'll always remember Lisa smoldering in Angel Heart. They're appropriately... bewitching.

This is pure speculation and not a spoiler, but seeing that Angela only has "Guest Star" credit, could it mean she will meet the same fate as "Guest Star" Chloe Sevigny's character did in Asylum? I'm hoping not.

11-10-2013
Stitch:the Hand

lenny and lisa bonet's daughter zoe kravitz would have been pretty cool too.

i noticed that about angela's role though. it does say however that the character is recurring so perhaps she won't be in every single episode like the main characters.

have to say the first episode,i have mixed feelings about. i was little disappointed with the cliched aspects like fiona fearing age and sucking youth out of some guy...i mean come on....this is a woman who makes aging look so cool. pathetic. and then gabby's acting again just too typical of what she does in every role she does. and unless all that objectification and exploitive nonsense ends up having a purpose toward some type of social commentary,for the moment leaves a rather bitter taste in my mouth. i really hope it's not simply for the sake of television shock-value.

12-10-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i was little disappointed with the cliched aspects like fiona fearing age and sucking youth out of some guy...i mean come on....this is a woman who makes aging look so cool.
You know, I hadn't realised how much this annoyed me until you mentioned it... You're absolutely right.

Stitch:the Hand

i think that's the thing with ryan murphy's writing,and the first was written by he and falchuk,that he does sometimes indulge too much into the stereotypes instead of allowing the stories be told with nuance.

13-10-2013
V.I.P.

I'm happy no actors on this show annoy me, or i would hate watching this. However i did feel the rape montage was too much!

14-10-2013
V.I.P.

I'm just waiting for Patti Lupone.

17-10-2013
V.I.P.

Just noticed this - Angela Bassett's name isn't in the opening credits, but she's featured in the promo standing next to Jessica and Kathy. What's up with that?

17-10-2013
V.I.P.

^ Its strange, she is under guest star only.

Jessica and Angela have this great chemistry, i loved their scenes together in the second episode. And that is the danger of having such talent on your show, nothing else compares, i only wanted them on my screen!

17-10-2013
V.I.P.

the scenes with Jessica and Angela need to go into TV's greatest moments it just didn't get any better than that scene with them in the hair salon. When Angela busted in i literally said out loud "oh sh**!"

the opening sequence stresses me out so much whoever comes up with the mash-up of those different things is genius. Each season the song manages to get even more creepy with the new visuals

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
american, horror, story