How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2014
fashion elite

I hope it's real, I saw that the other day and allegedly Emma Roberts and Angela Roberts were not on set for the first episode shooting so it could fit since they are not on the call sheet. Actors 5-10 are missing, most likely Emma, Angela, Micheal and newly added Finn Wittrock.

Here are the links to the pics

http://i.imgur.com/9fpEjOZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kYOR6NM.png
(BTW do I have to cite links to pics? If so atrl but it would be nice to know for future reference)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I hope it has a similar vibe to HBO´s Carnivàle. Gotta renew my enthusiasm in AHS
How was that show btw? I've been looking for new shows to watch and it peaked my interest on HBOGO but I haven't given it a try, I've herd a lot about it since it was announced the 4th season of AHS would be Freak Show. I assume they push the boundaries a tad bit more since it was on HBO.

Last edited by CommanderTMugler; 24-07-2014 at 07:42 PM.

25-07-2014
V.I.P.

^I highly recommend Carnivale, it was one of those great shows that was very underrated...
It had supernatural elements which I´m hoping Freak Show will also have. I´m very interested in the cinematography as well, Carnivale was shot in very sepia tones... after seeing that pic of Paulson and the fact that is set on the 50s, what are the chances that some episodes would be shot in B&W? that would be great imo

26-07-2014
Stitch:the Hand

it would be brilliant if it were akin to a combination of moving diane arbus and august sander images....they both made series of images on circus performers and sideshow acts.

27-08-2014
V.I.P.

'American Horror Story': First Look at 'Freak Show' Cast Art (Exclusive)

Quote:
FX
Kathy Bates as the bearded lady. Michael Chiklis as the strong man. A two-headed Sarah Paulson. Sword eaters and oh so much more.

That's just a hint of what's to come, judging from The Hollywood Reporter's exclusive cast art for American Horror Story: Freak Show (below). This is the first look at what co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk have in store for the upcoming fourth season of the FX anthology series.
Season four of the FX anthology starts in Florida, circa 1952, and centers on a "troupe of curiosities" that arrives at the same time that a dark entity emerges, threatening the lives of townsfolk and freaks alike. From the official description: "This is the story of the performers and their desperate journey of survival amid the dying world of the American carny experience."
Jessica Lange stars as Elsa Mars, a German expat managing one of the last remaining freak shows in the country. Emma Roberts is set as Maggie; Paulson is Bette and Dot Tattler; Bates is Effil Darling; Chiklis is Wendell Del Toredo; Angela Bassett is Desiree Dupree; and Evan Peters is Jimmy Darling. Frances Conroy and Gabourey Sidibe will also return to the cast, which includes newcomers Wes Bentley, Fargo's John Carroll Lynch as the central villain and The Normal Heart's Finn Wittrock as well as the world's smallest living woman, Jyoti Amge. Patti LaBelle will also appear in a four-episode arc, with Matt Bomer set for a guest stint.
"At every freak show, you have the tropes but there's some [that are] unique and weird," Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter about season four. "It's about something: It's about outcasts and how society at that time … true stories about circus performers who were cast aside. The story in many ways dovetails with Asylum, because they leave one era and you can see many of them in real life were put into asylums. There's a great symmetry we've come up with that's rewarding."
Judging from the official Freak Show hashtag, the series will explore the "freak" in all of us, as the German #WirSindAlleFreaks translates to "we are all freaks."
"It's darker than Coven; it feels very unique," Murphy told The Hollywood Reporter of Freak Show. "I directed the first one and I haven't done that since the very first one of season one. It feels like a Douglas Sirk movie; it's very 1952 presentational and then the horror is an unexpected jab. As opposed to last year, which was crazy camera work and comedy. This year feels different. The special-ability cast that we have is amazing and I feel so thrilled because for so many of them, it was their dream to be actors and they didn't have any opportunities. There's a great community. They feel part of something perhaps for the first time in their life and that's an amazing thing that I was really emotional about when I was directing them."

.hollywoodreporter.com

02-09-2014
backstage pass

ive just started wathicng the show, but man this old lady who has a child with down syndrome is so weird and she hates this family;o why is she so evil!

02-09-2014
backstage pass

Also, I really like Violent's accent it is a lot different that the rest of her TV family.

04-09-2014
V.I.P.

Freakshow teasers

04-09-2014
V.I.P.

#7 will give me nightmares

10-09-2014
V.I.P.

^ It is the creepiest by far

Full Freakshow trailer

10-09-2014
V.I.P.

New 'AHS: Freak Show' details: Who plays who? What's the plot?

Quote:
For months we’ve gotten little tidbits on the latest season of American Horror Story, like the character names and guest stars. Now, in EW’s Fall TV Preview, readers get to see behind the curtain of Freak Show.

This latest installment of AHS is about a titular group of misfit performers, led by former German cabaret star Elsa Mars (Emmy winner Jessica Lange), who arrive in the small town of Jupiter, Florida.”My character is very manipulative,” says Lange. “She understands what’s needed and she provides it. However the thing I want to be very clear that Elsa really loves these people. She truly cares for them in her own selfish narcissistic way. It’s not just exploitation.”
With her show’s popularity waning, Elsa hopes to pump up attendance by finding and recruiting conjoined twins Bette and Dot (Sarah Paulson), two very different personalities sharing one body. “It’s not as simple as nice and evil,” Paulson says. “It’s more complicated, in true Ryan Murphy style.”
Elsa’s troupe includes Jimmy (Evan Peters), who was born with lobster-like hands, and his mother, bearded lady Ethel (Kathy Bates). “Ethel is basically Elsa’s right hand woman,” says co-creator Ryan Murphy. “She helps run the camp, and she’s sort of the guardian of the law. She had a real tragedy in that she was a real circus star in the ‘20s and 30s and then she had her baby and she became a down-and-out drunk, and Elsa saved her.”
GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!
Adding more drama to the tents is the arrival of Ethel’s ex-husband (and Jimmy’s father) Dell Toledo, a strongman who’s on the run from the law. “Jimmy is the big man on campus and is the male leader of the group until Dell comes and they begin to battle for power under Elsa,” says Murphy. Then there’s Dell’s new wife, Desiree Dupree, a three-breasted performer played by Angela Bassett. The role requires Bassett to wear a prosthetic that covers her entire chest. “Angela likes to flash them,” jokes Paulson. “She’s like, ‘Look at my 3 boobs!’”
Even freakier than a tri-boob? This season’s main villain, a nasty fella (and murderer) named Twisty the Clown (John Carroll Lynch). The evil Bozo has retired in Jupiter and is not thrilled by the arrival of the freak show. “He’s out to make their lives a living hell,” explains Murphy. “He’s wearing a mask on the lower part of his face and there comes a point in the season where takes the mask off and when you see what’s under you will faint in terror.”
Other Coven alums back for more (despite the scary clown) include Emma Roberts and Denis O’Hare as a pair of con artists, Frances Conroy as a wealthy woman whose son (Finn Whitrock) wants to join the freak show, and Gabourey Sidibe as a socialite who returns home to Jupiter when her mother (Patti LaBelle, who Murphy called personally to appear on the show) goes MIA.
There will, of course, be the hallmarks fans have come to expect from AHS, including time jumps (look for flashbacks to Elsa’s cabaret days in 1930s Germany as well as a peek at young Ethel) and a two-part Halloween episode featuring Wes Bentley (The Hunger Games) as a character named Edward Mordrake. “He is a very famous horror myth,” explains Murphy. “It was a man with two faces. A normal face and then a face on the back of his head that would whisper evil things and force the forward-facing entity to commit horrible crimes.”
insidetv.ew.com

10-09-2014

looks a heck of a lot more exciting than last season's trailers and promo! can't wait for the new season.

11-09-2014
V.I.P.

^ Me too! Seems promising and Pepper is back!! It's confirmed

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/11/am...k-show-pepper/

11-09-2014
V.I.P.

Pepper is the only character that has returned in any season. It's going to be interesting to see her and find out her story before the Asylum.

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 11-09-2014 at 04:09 PM.
11-09-2014

^i was just going to post the same thing! elated by that news!! best character on the show

11-09-2014
fashion elite

I love the new trailer, I wonder if that was Emma on the strong man's shoulders? We don't know much about her character.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
american, horror, story