How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-10-2015
tfs star

Even when the previous seasons eventually becomes a runaway train wreck, the opening episodes are usually immediately rivating— like the potential-brimming one of Coven.

This one… was boring. After the two blondes’ experience with the bed incident, it was all going South. The Shining and The Hunger references are so forced, even the stylish production values couldn’t save the Countess-intro sequence from blandness. I guess since this time around, with Gaga being the main attraction and taking Jessica’s role as ringmaster, there’s no avoiding her performance. She’s just flat and stiff. She’s always lacked any grace and elegance even in her own popstar persona, so the Countess’s movements always feel a little Eliza Doolittle training for the grand ball to me, despite her regal wardrobe and even more regal setting. She’s very theatre-kid trying to do bewitching siren— which is always hilariously unconvincing; I think Miranda Sings could pull it off better than her.

She’s not the only weak link, to be fair. All the rest of the characters already feel played out to me— as do all the tiresome “homages”: In this first episode, we’re already checked The Shining, The Hunger, The Slience of the Lambs, (Coppola’s) Dracula, Se7en and… Four Rooms— and that’s just with my very limited knowledge of cinema, with absolutely none of the intensity and unsettling, morbid vibe of those films.

Not even Angela and Naomi can get me interested in watching this further now. I’ll download it and watch it on my computer whenever I have the time, but it’s not going to be something I can immerse myself in. Just too bland.

09-10-2015
tfs star

All I can say is that the scene with the heroin user and that demon was fuxked up.

12-10-2015
V.I.P.

I had high expectations, but.......

Gaga's acting is really bad.

16-11-2015
tfs star

Finally got up to date and I dunno, it's not scary to me anymore. It started off good but I'm kind of bored now.

16-11-2015
fashion icon

I gave up on it, Angela Bassett looks great and Sarah Paulson and Kathy bates nail their scenes but meh... I really don't care for it anymore.

23-11-2015
don't look down

I stayed with every other series, but couldn't stick with this one.

V.I.P.

I´m enjoying this season, my favorite after Murder House and Asylum. Lady Gaga´s outfits are the best and even her acting is not that bad imo. The music is also another plus and never hurts to look at Wes and Matt

13-12-2015
don't look down

"Suzi" from the Freak Show series has passed away after complications from kidney stone surgery (bbc.co.uk/dailymail.co.uk):

Quote:
American Horror Story: Freak Show actress Rose Siggins dies

Rose Siggins, an actress who played a character with no legs in the US hit show American Horror Story, has died at the age of 43.

Siggins, who was born with a rare genetic condition which causes abnormal fetal development of the lower spine, had her legs amputated at a young age.

She played a character called Legless Suzi in the fourth series, Freak Show.

The FX network paid tribute to Siggins calling her "a kind person, a loving mother and a very talented actor".

Her co-star Sarah Paulson tweeted: "The AHS family lost one of our own... Rose Siggins was an absolute light... I will never forget your laugh or your beautiful eyes."

The actress died in Denver, Colorado on Saturday. Her agent, James Mullen, said more details would be released soon. She leaves two children.

'Beloved'

Actor Denis Hare pointed followers in the direction of an online fund set up to help Siggins' children.

The FX statement added: "She was beloved by everyone in the AHS family.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends at this time."

American Horror Story: Freak Show - set in one of the last remaining freak shows in the US and following its attractions' struggle for survival - earned 20 Emmy nominations, including outstanding limited series.

The current series, Hotel, has been nominated for two Golden Globes, including an acting nomination for pop star Lady Gaga.

fashion icon

Gaga's performance is so good.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
american, horror, story