How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-10-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I had high hopes for season 2 and I know it's had a mixed response but I really enjoyed it! It seems to have a completely different vibe to season 1, which I'm glad about. I am really intrigued to see where they take things this year, and how off the wall batsh*t crazy things are going to get.

Also, I am going to have nightmares for weeks after that final shot of bloody face this week.

19-10-2012
V.I.P.

http://www.tv.com/news/american-horr...o-recap-29860/

19-10-2012
Stitch:the Hand

it was really good. at least it was after that annoying first scene with those equally annoying people. but jessica,chloe,sarah paulson and james cromwell...they were brilliant. and that lovely french character,grace intrigued me as well. i can't wait to see how joseph fiennes plays into the show as it progresses.

26-10-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm not really sure about the story this season, but with acting of this calibre, how can I resist tuning in every week to watch? I'm going to stick with it, even just for Jessica Lange and Evan Peters!

trendsetter

season 2 is so good but so gross and v.scary!

don't look down

The whole show is a crazy experiment sewn together in random ways, I don't expect it'll make any sense in the end, but I watch it every week.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionturnip View Post
season 2 is so good but so gross and v.scary!
Scary... Really? More like campy fun than scary to me with the supernatural going-ons.

The truly scary part that hits me is the so-called morals of the that time; that homosexuality was treated as a sickness; a sexually-uninhabited (slutty) woman was considered mentally-ill, and an interracial marriage was illegal. (NOt that the times have changed these perceptions for many people....)

Is there an episode that we don't see Kit's bare a**?

I'm bummed that poor Chloe is an amputee and turning into a mutant. (Please end her misery Anne, I don't want to see Chloe dragging herself around on the ground as a mutant.)

Pepper is such a scene-stealer, God bless her adorable pinhead. Love her character as a tribute to Freaks' Pinhead (now that is a truly disturbing film).

10-11-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I have absolutely no idea what is going on this season... To be honest it's bothering me that there isn't any real flowing storyline. I'll keep watching though.

V.I.P.

Interesting, i think this season is so much better than the first one, i didnt think i will love this much. Ya its a bit nuts, but i think its so well done, and ya scary to me as well, the setting is nuts. Although you raise great points Phuel, perhaps the time of show is more scary than the happening in the asylum, although i defo think its a creepy place.

10-11-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
I have absolutely no idea what is going on this season... To be honest it's bothering me that there isn't any real flowing storyline. I'll keep watching though.
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. At least there was some kind of continuity between things at the Murder House. Things were easily tied between the past and the present - not so much in this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phuel View Post
Scary... Really? More like campy fun than scary to me with the supernatural going-ons.

The truly scary part that hits me is the so-called morals of the that time; that homosexuality was treated as a sickness; a sexually-uninhabited (slutty) woman was considered mentally-ill, and an interracial marriage was illegal. (NOt that the times have changed these perceptions for many people....)

Is there an episode that we don't see Kit's bare a**?

I'm bummed that poor Chloe is an amputee and turning into a mutant. (Please end her misery Anne, I don't want to see Chloe dragging herself around on the ground as a mutant.)

Pepper is such a scene-stealer, God bless her adorable pinhead. Love her character as a tribute to Freaks' Pinhead (now that is a truly disturbing film).
Agree with all of this. Except I'm so cool with seeing Kit's butt every week

HATE what they did to Chloe, I was so excited to see her character develop but I guess that's done and over with. I haven't watched Freaks yet but I have been wanting to for a while, I know I have it on my computer. I know Dylan McDermott is returning this season, I wonder what he will be doing this time around.

Last edited by nightclubbing; 10-11-2012 at 01:30 PM.
10-11-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightclubbing View Post
...I'm so cool with seeing Kit's butt every week
That goes without saying-- gratuitous male nudity is always appreciated.

So far, I enjoyed the 1st season much more-- at least until the rushed ending, and, if only for naked Dylan and Zach's blond boyfriend/husband. Not much in the sexy department this season... Hopefully things will change with Dylan's appearance; More gratuitous nudity on behalf of Mr. McDermott, please!

I think the storyline is unraveling slowly while we're forced to endure the insane and inhumane punishments/torments of innocent victims just for being "different". We'll see that no one and nothing is as it seems; perhaps the likable ones aren't so innocent, like Grace or Sister Mary... or that Sister Jude is not so evil, and will turn out to be the savior to all the madness and sadness... With season 1, it was about who was a ghost, and who wasn't, and who was going to make it out of the Murder House alive. With this season, it's who's insane and guilty, and who's really innocent and telling the truth of who they are, and who's going to make it out of the asylum alive-- and sane. I can do without the silly aliens and mutants though; too campy, b-movie/pulp-fiction for me-- but, that's the point I suppose, with someone like Ryan Murphy.

Hoping Pepper is safe and makes it back from the washroom!

15-11-2012
Stitch:the Hand

^i agree. last night's episode was really good except for that annoying alien nonsense. but nonetheless,the therapist and lara.....no wonder he was so attentive with her.

15-11-2012
backstage pass

^^^For sure. I guess we'll just have to suffer through it to see the good stuff.

Poor "Anne". Even though she was suffering severely from postpartum depression and slipped obsessively into the "Anne Frank" persona, she had inadvertently discovered the true identity of Dr. Ardent, only to be dismissed as delusional and "cured with a lobotomy. Evil prevails this time. The saddest story on this show so far.

Jessica Lange: OMFG... this woman is so beautiful. What a face. She is untouchable. Frank the security guard summed up Sister Jude's fate so-- frankly, with "You didn't stand a chance heading this place, being a strong woman..."

Jessica wears her age so proudly and regally, unlike so many Hollywood women. I hope some directors rediscover her and bring her back to feature films. I'd rather see her in a high fashion editorial and on the cover of a magazine than any top girl of the moment.

Where's Pepper?!?!?

16-11-2012
V.I.P.

Poor Lana, i hope she gets out somehow, although it doesn't look good. But what he said to her prior to imprisonment, about her writing HIS story, makes me optimistic she might not end up on the cutting floor. And for crying out loud someone help poor Sevigny!

16-11-2012
backstage pass

I actually found some of the Lana and Chloe scenes hilarious. With Lana: Her sitting next to a lamp that had a human-skin lampshade... complete with nipples! With Chloe: The little girl who discovered her in the stairwell goes screaming to her teacher in the playground. Then the teacher and a gang of kids run back to the stairwell, only to run away screaming in unison like a classic Benny Hill skit when the see a mutant-Chloe dragging herself painfully up the stairs.

***I guess Lana got what she desperately wanted after all: She gets to "interview" Bloody Face. Be careful what you wish for.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
american, horror, story