How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2012
V.I.P.

denden.com

16-12-2012
Stitch:the Hand

^ha!

i have to say the show has really evolved in an interesting way. from sister jude getting tricked by dr. arden by sister mary eunice only to be committed herself to dr.thredson/bloody face impregnating lana with the child who will go on to become a killer himself as portrayed by dylan mcdermott. i still hate that stupid alien twist though. if the main narrative of the show didn't have such a gothic horror sensibility it wouldn't bother me so much but none of that alien rubbish makes any sense to the shows general plot. anyway,i wish so hard like i've never wished anything in a show that somebody will finally rid it of mary eunice and dr. arden. more than being just characters you love to hate,they've just become annoying.

17-12-2012
trendsetter

For me I think the alien thing is just like, kind of keeping with the era? I talked to my mother about that, because at first I didn't get it but then I thought about that time and figured it was just something to do with that.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
... anyway,i wish so hard like i've never wished anything in a show that somebody will finally rid it of mary eunice and dr. arden. more than being just characters you love to hate,they've just become annoying.
Yeah, it's all just so annoying now.The shows is such a mess: Characters are hardly interesting anymore-- either they're so flatly cruel like Arden; or evil snarky like the Sister Mary; or mind-numbingly dumb like the Monsignor; or just unbelievably unreal like Lana (self-abortion and she's up and running and getting into more trouble already)-- they're just... tired. The only saving grace is Jessica Lange. Even now as one of the wrenched patients and at her lowest point, she still commands authority and doesn't take sh**.

Apparently, that's typical of a Ryan Murphy project: It starts out so promising, than goes to sh** somewhere along the way.

Wow-- Dermott... as trailer-trash is still-- maybe even more... handsome.

17-12-2012

i tell you i never got into nip/tuck and will never watch glee and i didn't watch the first season of this show but overall it's generally been a disappointing experience watching a murphy production. it's too hit and miss....has its moments then the next moment i want to throw something at the tv. jessica however is indeed the only thing that engages me as a whole...without her i probably would have switched this off after the second episode.

17-12-2012
backstage pass

Also never watched a single episode of Nick/Tuck or Glee-- the latter just clearly screamed ANNOYING to me just from the snippets of promos I've seen, but I thought American Horror Story: Murder House was very good in its concept and inception, so gave it, and Ryan, a chance.

I think you should give the 1st season a go-- it is good and unfolds slowly, it's very atmospheric and moody, and the banter is witty and sharp. Then it collapses altogether towards the end to a contrived, and rushed ending. Also, Jessica is in it a lot, so that's an incentive. And I really like Connie Britton and her character in this. All the storylines are interesting-- well, until they converge, or drop off, towards the end in a mad dash to conclude the season.

I definitely like it much, much much more than Asylum. It's not so campy, fragmented, sloppy and ANNOYING. AND, no Adam Levine.

03-01-2013
don't look down

It's back! But you know with this show that no-one stays dead for long...

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Apparently the latest episode held a clue as to where season 3 will be set, and what it will be about. The strongest theory so far is that it'll be set in salem/be about witch trials which I think is an awesome idea. Can you imagine Jessica Lange as the woman accused? Perfection.

oh i completely forgot about the return wednesday hopefully they'll have it online so i can catch up before this week's episode.

07-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
Apparently the latest episode held a clue as to where season 3 will be set, and what it will be about. The strongest theory so far is that it'll be set in salem/be about witch trials which I think is an awesome idea. Can you imagine Jessica Lange as the woman accused? Perfection.
Oh my that could be really interesting.

What a nuts episode, and yet i am loving every minute of the crazy!

The musical number?

07-01-2013
V.I.P.

Salem is actually a good guess because Ryan said they wanted to shot the 3rd season someplace where "true horror has been".

09-01-2013

that musical number put me right off. it was beyond ridiculous.

nevertheless despite that,great episode. two more episodes left btw. watching the new one as of now....and lana!! she's really been the martyr of this series.

salem definitely makes for a very compelling story in this context and not just for the idea of witches but the human and political components that derived from it as well.

13-01-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

So there are three babies in play that could end up Bloody Face Jr - thoughts? Or do we think either of Kit's baby will be the one to thwart Bloody Face Jr?

front row

I think it might take place in Nazi Germany. This whole season has had such strong Nazi undertones. But I could imagine a Salen season. I htink both would be super cool.

19-01-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

^ I think they'll be sticking to an American setting for the show though, the name American Horror Story limits their range a bit.

So how the heck are they going to wrap up this season in ONE episode?!

Tags
american, horror, story