How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-01-2013
Stitch:the Hand

so sad about sister jude. she started the show as loathsome as ever but then you feel such empathy for her at the end. the asylum has made her crazy.

24-01-2013
backstage pass

I thought the show quickly deteriorated into rushed and contrived nonsense towards the end, but the finale was quite good. Storylines were concluded in a tight, but never rushed manner. I liked the introspective manner as told by Lana-- interesting perspective. And although the alien-storyline was the weakest point in the beginning (along with the mutants), I was impressed how it became the only positive and benevolent outcome of all the madness: Kit was finally joined with them (to Paradise?) once again in his fading years, and his children, both seemed to be almost magical beings having been born in alien hands (they're shown to be able to sooth Jude's tortured mind), become-- or are becoming prominent individuals in society, just as Grace had predicted.

I really liked the almost-poetic ending, didn't expect that from a TV show.

But, most of all, Jessica Lange is simply amazing. She deserves all the love.

25-01-2013
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
The strongest theory so far is that it'll be set in salem/be about witch trials which I think is an awesome idea.
Given how crazy the show is, we'd imagine Salem, but actually end up on an American space station with aliens and everyone going insane in the manner of Solaris. The only thing I know is that I'll be watching it, wherever it's set.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I was really disappointed with the finale, and I feel like I said that about the finale last year too... I'll be watching season 3 though

well ryan murphy has hinted at next season,kind of making the case for the salem witch trials more and more substantial by stating it will be "more historical in tone". i just hope he leaves out the campy stuff.

and he confirmed that lange,paulson and lily rabe(sister mary eunice) as well as evan peters will return. i just hope rabe's character won't drive me as crazy as mary eunice did.

and i agree with you guys and it seems the consensus is sort of the same as a whole that the ending of asylum was disappointingly anticlimactic. should have been more and could have been more given the intensity of the show overall but probably an attribute to some weaknesses of ryan and falchuk's writing,i think.

01-02-2013
fashion icon

this show is genius. it's so beautiful and disturbing at the same time. I'm so ready for season 3.

V.I.P.

More Season 3 Casting news.
tvline via twitter / MrRPMurphy

Quote:
American Horror Story leading ladies Frances Conroy and Taissa Farmiga will be back for the series’ upcoming third season.
Farmiga played tortured teen Violet in Season 1 of Ryan Murphy‘s FX scarefest. Conroy appeared in the first season as ghostly maid Moira and in the second as a noir-tinged Angel of Death.
Farmiga will be a brand new character in Season 3, which series co-creator Murphy recently said will take place in modern day but also will be “more historical in nature.” No word yet on who Conroy will portray.

13-02-2013
don't look down

Some info about actress Naomi Grossman, who plays Pepper (dailymail.co.uk / youtube.com/naomigrossman):

Quote:
Naomi is committed to her role in the hit FX show, and had her hair shaven of to portray Pepper. The actress documented the moment her locks were sheared off in a Youtube video, and didn’t seem remotely nervous about the makeover. Naomi later donated her hair to Locks of Love.

V.I.P.

^ That is amazing, wow, hope she was paid well honey!

I loved the finale, this season was wonderful! But i dont think the Salem Witches will be next season, didnt Ryan say it will be set in modern times?

18-02-2013

^no ryan came out following the finale and said the next season will be more historically based. certainly it could be any sort of event but there is no story more intriguing in american history than the salem witch trials.

27-02-2013

kathy bates has been cast in the next season of AHS! i love the sound of that actually because she's a fantastic character actress.

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

Yes! I'm very excited, Kathy is always such a pleasure to watch because she commits to her role so well.

01-03-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I am so excited to see Kathy Bates join the show. She fits in perfectly with the current cast IMO. I can't wait to see how they work her in to the new story for season 3.

kathy bates doesn't get enough credit for her ability. i put her up there with meryl streep.

03-03-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
I am so excited to see Kathy Bates join the show. She fits in perfectly with the current cast IMO. I can't wait to see how they work her in to the new story for season 3.
I couldn't agree more. Paired with Lange and the rest of the stellar cast? I'll definitely be tuning in to the third season.

I actually preferred the first season to the second season. I thought the first season was both creepy and bittersweet. While the second season tackled important and interesting social issues, I was a bit bored by the alien subplot, although I guess I sort of understand it in retrospect.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
american, horror, story