and here i always thought glee was the american horror story! (sorry i couldn't resist)
i dunno i used to watch nip/tuck on occasion and it was okay to a degree but not great,imo. it's extremely campy like most of murphy's creations and that immediately put me off. really it is like nip/tuck but set in a haunted house. it has all the underlying themes that that show dealt. which is pretty redundant by now. i think if it were more visual and had a stronger narrative it would be better but as you said,it's a mess. but i do have a soft spot for jessica lange though. she's probably the most redeemable quality about this show.
the show was kind of crazy, funny, creepy. Dylan Mcdermott nude is enough to make me wanna come back for more.
Dylan I do think the show is creepy and funny but I really do not get the concept. It is really crazy and out there but I think I'm going to watch a couple more episodes and see what happens. I do like Ryan Murphy...sometimes.
Situations from horror movies I like made into an hour tv show? I loved it! I´m a sucker for freak characters, the creepier and nastier the better
I agree it can get old really quick but maybe the magic will last at least one season, I´ll keep watching.
Tv.com made a list of all the homages:
• Bone wind chimes from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
• The whistling scene (and music!) from Kill Bill
• Dead twins from The Shining
• Ghost seductress from The Shining
• Husband-going-mad plotline from The Shining
• Man standing among the clotheslines like in Halloween
• Creepy older gentleman in dark suit like in Poltergeist II
• Mysterious pregnancy from Rosemary's Baby
• Taciturn, morbid daughter like in Beetlejuice
• Twitchy editing from the Saw movies
• Mysterious servants like in The Others
• High-pitched violins from Psycho
• Hand-thrown firecrackers like in Boogie Nights
• Full-face skull tattoo like Rick Genest (the male model in Thierry Mugler ads)
• Systematic murder of a family like in Amityville Horror
• Pervasive, insane dream logic like in pretty much any Dario Argento film
I´ll add one of my own, the crazy kid was wearing a sweater like Kurt Cobains´ during his first session.
This is the sort of stuff that's best watched late at night when you're so tired you can barely pay attention to anything, turning the show into a strange, disjointed dream instead of an overblown mess that doesn't make sense.
__________________ You're perfect, yes, it's true. But without me, you're only you.
It gets weirder and weirder but I like it even more, one of the few new shows that I truly enjoy
That scene when Jessica Lange gives her daughter the mask was so sinister I hope her character isn´t gone, did she die in the house premises?
Late to this show, and only managed to watch the pilot, but wow, i simply love it, crazy mess, but so much fun! And Dylan? Damn still looking so good, last i saw him was on Practice years ago! And of course Lange steals every scene she is in, love her!