How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2013
Stitch:the Hand

The Americans
am i the only one digging this show?! it's been renewed for a second season and i hope it stays that way.

the subject matter is certainly something we've yet seen explored in television drama and it's really quite riveting.

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

I caught the first episode ad I really enjoyed it. The storyline is very good. But I can never remember to watch (I have no dvr) so usually I wait til tv shows come out on DVD. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

03-04-2013

yeah trust me i had to remember to set my autotuner because after AHS finished my wednesday night memory has gone...i missed a couple after the second episode but i picked back up again and i've been engrossed with it ever since.

03-04-2013
tfs star

Catching up. It is quite good, the plot is definitely surprising, with the twists and turn. The style recreation in clothes and furniture is very very good. It's the only "period" show after Mad Men that I liked.

03-04-2013
fashion insider

I love the show, the plot is brilliant! I've been hooked ever since the first episode.

06-04-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I've watched the first three episodes and really enjoyed it. I plan to watch more, I just haven't gotten around to it yet!

fashion insider

This show is amazing. I love the plot and the cast. They are making me believe that it's happening in 80'.

08-04-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

this is my type of show, cant wait to watch it

28-04-2013
V.I.P.

I finally caught up with the last few episodes and now the season finale is coming up this week. i'm placing bets in my own mind about who's getting killed off.... nina?

The narrative is really engaging but the dialogue isn't as sharp as I'd hope it to be. I still don't think any of the subsequent episodes are as strong or exciting as the pilot. I'd love their use of Fleetwood Mac during the chase season and Phil Collins at the end.

now that's how you want to see a finale....again,kudos to the creator and writer of the show...

btw,does anybody else not love margo martindale? she always plays the most interesting characters on tv. they have this sweet matronly appearance but are anything but sweet....somewhat cold and ruthless. you don't love her character on this show but she knows how to play them to a fault.

03-05-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i finally got onto it and its one of my fav shows especially since I was around during that era and can identify to some of the stuff that was going on

18-07-2013

so annoying that the show nor it's lead actors got any kind of emmy nominations. margo got a nod for guest star as 'claudia' but generally such a criminal ignorance of what a great show this really is and fantastic acting.

18-07-2013
V.I.P.

^ & main title theme music.. but that's it I still have not seen the whole show but from what I did watch, I figured it would have way more nominations.

18-07-2013

to be honest,it should have had a nod in both lead actor categories for keri and matthew and a supporting nod to noah emmerich for that stoic portrayal of the FBI agent,stan beeman.

03-02-2014

some of the promos for the new season premiering the 26th…can't wait!! love the sting song they used.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
americans