How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-05-2012
V.I.P.

^that guy should sell a made-to-order suit, I´d totally buy it

08-05-2012
V.I.P.

thought this was cool - Hawkeye's arrow collection

tumblr: arsonist01

13-05-2012
V.I.P.

little boxoffice update

"The Avengers" has already reached the billion-dollar mark at the worldwide box office.
The superhero blockbuster took in $103.2 million in the US to lead for a second-straight weekend, raising its domestic total to $373.2 million. With $95.4 million more overseas, "The Avengers" lifted its international receipts to $628.9 million for a worldwide haul of just over $1 billion.
The action smash from Disney's Marvel Studios easily fended off Johnny Depp and Tim Burton's vampire romp "Dark Shadows," which had a so-so domestic start of $28.8 million to finish a distant No. 2.
That's far below such past Depp-Burton collaborations as "Alice in Wonderland," which opened with $116.1 million, and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," which debuted with $56.2 million.

i'll see it again sometime next week, can't wait

14-05-2012
V.I.P.

^Well it is a great movie. I am not surprised.

Hawkeye's arrow collection thing is cool!

14-05-2012
V.I.P.

that suit is soo cool

V.I.P.

wow, i totally missed Siderman's cameo in the movie

18-05-2012
V.I.P.

Hot Toys Loki collective figure

facebook/hot toys

19-05-2012
tfs star

I loved Tom Hiddleston in it. He can go from totally loveable and utterly detestable in a heartbeat.

V.I.P.

^i loved his scenes with Thor, you could really see that Thor sometimes got through to him, but Loki was in too deep already to stop, but i believe there's still a good side to him. can't wait for Thor 2, i wanna know what happens when they get back to Asgard

28-05-2012
fashion icon

I've avoided this thread till I saw The Avengers... but I'm so glad I can write on it now! Just got back from seeing the film... it was SO good. Even though I know I'm suppose to dislike Loki, I can't. Tom Hiddleston was fantastic but I definitely felt a bit of sympathy for Loki at times. I'm not ready to believe that Loki's evil to the core, I think he just needs to sort out some of his issues (he sort of reminds me of Draco Malfoy in that respect... you aren't suppose to like him but you do). I have to say I was a little annoyed when Agent C died though. I liked his character, especially since he had been a linkage to previous films, so I was bummed when he died. To me it sort of just felt like, "well, we have to kill someone and we can't kill a superhero, looks like he's the one!" But overall, I really enjoyed the movie and seeing all of the characters together was a real treat! Also, on a more shallower note, why didn't they have any gratuitous shirtless scenes of like Thor or Captain America for the ladies (or gents) watching the film?

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 28-05-2012 at 12:15 AM.
31-05-2012
tfs star

i enjoyed this movie, i watched it on IMAX and it is so much a better experience than regular 3D, amazing...

31-05-2012
V.I.P.

at the Spidermen cameo lol

V.I.P.

some more Hot Toys pics

tumblr: bambistark

15-06-2012
trendsetter

Finally watched this.

I enjoyed it, but I don't feel it came together until 45 minutes in, once the team was assembled. I found some of the bickering forced and draggy, but I really loved the (not sexual) tension between Stark and Steve, and the banter between Tony and Bruce. I'm also dying to know what happened in Budapest!

But I didn't care for ....Loki. I rooted for him after Thor, but here, he just seemed too one-note. And to the end of my days, I'll proclaim this: Tony Stark would NEVER build a butt-ugly skyscaper like that. From his homes to his IM suit, he's all about sleek, stylish, futuristic (if slightly retro in feel) modernity. He would NEVER build that tacky eyesore of a building!!! Ugh! Whoever thought that up should be shot.

I also thought the movie could have done without the whole "Agent Coulson has a girlfriend" bit. I understand why it was done, but he's been in all (or nearly all) the lead-in, so the girlfriend bit just seemed like extra sentimental schmuck for the sake of wringing up emotion. (His being a Captain America fanboy DID seem appropriate though and not gooey and fitting to the professional agent who regales all the Avengers together.)

15-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
And to the end of my days, I'll proclaim this: Tony Stark would NEVER build a butt-ugly skyscaper like that. From his homes to his IM suit, he's all about sleek, stylish, futuristic (if slightly retro in feel) modernity. He would NEVER build that tacky eyesore of a building!!! Ugh! Whoever thought that up should be shot.
Don´t mess with Stan Lee!! :p

I don´t know who originally came up with the design in the comic books but let´s say that the movie building is a lot better

Avengers/Stark Tower

avengerscliffhanger.blogspot.com.ar

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, avengers