How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-06-2012
trendsetter

See, I knew it. If the set designer had bloody well stuck to the comics!, we wouldn't have that eyesore in the movie. Comic! Stark Towers is both innovative, futuristic, but also super-sleek. The sign is bad-*** too. It screams "Tony Stark lives here!!!" without saying "Tony Stark lives here."

Movie! Stark Towers just looks like a lame leftover from Planet Hollywood days, especially the damn neon "Stark" sign (so happy it got destroyed).

15-06-2012
V.I.P.

^The Stark sign was just an excuse to spell Avengers when it got destroyed... did you notice that only the A stands at the end?
In the comic books the Stark building serves as the Avengers headquarters, sorta like the Fantastic Four building.

15-06-2012
trendsetter

Yes, I noticed the A at the end. I love Joss Whedon, but sometimes he's as subtle as a sledgehammer.

Quote:
In the comic books the Stark building serves as the Avengers headquarters, sorta like the Fantastic Four building.
I think even the non-comic book nerds are astute enough to pick that up. (For the record, I AM a comic book nerd. And a Marvel girl. I'm not super-in depth on everybody, simply because there are SO many people and interconnecting stories in Marvelverse and the comics go back years and years and years, but I'm well aware of most of them and how most of them are interconnected.)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, avengers