How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-10-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
I wasn't too impressed with Captain America if I'm honest, I think Thor was better. The ensemble cast were great, but I've never really been blown away by Chris Evans. He's the weak link in The Avengers as far as I can see too.
Not a fan of Chris Evans either. For that reason, I still haven't even seen CA. I enjoyed Thor - it had a great cast and I love Nordic mythology (I'm a Dane after all!)

And btw, I'm kinda annoyed that Chris got CA since he's also in Fantastic Four. Not a fan of Ryan Reynolds doing Green Lantern (MISCAST!) and a Marvel character either.

15-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
really? i thought Thor was the weakest of them all, really didn't like it one bit. the only cool thing were Tom H. as Loki and the scenery. apart from that i thought the story was weak and Thor character really not compelling and i didn't find it convincing one bit.
I agree it is the weekest but I didn't hate it. I felt like there was a chunk of the story missing in the middle. I like Chris and Tom they are great but Natalie was useless. USELESS. It's no wonder the fans don't want her in the sequal. Evan Kat was better.

Iron Man is my fav but Cap America was awesome. I think Chris is getting better with the roles he take. Hayley was kickass as Peggy. I was sad for them at the end.

Pepper & Peggy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jane.

15-10-2011
V.I.P.

If we're talking actual movies, then I think the first Iron Man definitely tops them all with the second one coming in close behind.
THEN, Captain America (more for the individual performances than the film itself..which was somewhat weak).
And lastly, Thor. I just thought Thor fell a little flat in some places. Natalie Portman's performance was so weak. Chris was great and Tom was brilliant though.

But I just really loved the individual characters in CA more than the ones in Thor, especially Hayley Atwell's character. It's nice to see a strong female role on-screen. I wish she could be in The Avengers' film.

16-10-2011
trendsetter

Like I said, the supporting characters in Captain America were great. Hayley, Dom, Richard, Stanley etc, all great performances, but I never got casting Chris Evans, he's an awful actor, watch The Avengers trailer and it looks like he's trying to do a bad impression of Ralph Fiennes! I've never rated Joe Johnston as a director anyway, and you put that on a parallel with Ken Branagh and Jon Favreau and that film was never going to work 100%, some of the scrip too was horrid. I did love Peggy too though! I agree that Iron Man is far superior to all of them. Most importantly, actually, that they have a director who's completely new to the franchise helming The Avengers, that that man is Joss Whedon is just a huge bonus, the man can do no wrong in my eyes.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 16-10-2011 at 04:56 AM.
16-10-2011
trendsetter

^Once again a post that makes little sense, I'm on a roll, at the moment!!!

16-10-2011
V.I.P.

I love the trailer, I'm really excited for this movie! I'm a bit behind as I have yet to see Thor and Iron Man 2 but I guess I still have enough time left before Avengers is released, haha. Curious to see how the movie having such a big cast will work, too.

16-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
If we're talking actual movies, then I think the first Iron Man definitely tops them all with the second one coming in close behind.
THEN, Captain America (more for the individual performances than the film itself..which was somewhat weak).
And lastly, Thor. I just thought Thor fell a little flat in some places. Natalie Portman's performance was so weak. Chris was great and Tom was brilliant though.

But I just really loved the individual characters in CA more than the ones in Thor, especially Hayley Atwell's character. It's nice to see a strong female role on-screen. I wish she could be in The Avengers' film.
agreed on all points.

V.I.P.

^I agree as well. I love RDJ so it´s gotta be IM at the top of my list

Funny how nobody mentioned Hulk LOL

16-10-2011
backstage pass

I agree that the first Iron Man edges out the others (the second one though...), but I thought Thor was a LOT of fun and I enjoyed Captain America. (I don't mind Chris Evans--he was a hoot in The Losers!) I also agree with littlepaperstars that Joss Whedon helming The Avengers is guaranteed to give us something special. (I'm already wondering what a solo Hawkeye film will be like.)

Last edited by randhrshipper1; 16-10-2011 at 06:46 PM.
16-10-2011
V.I.P.

^ The Losers was awesome. The whole cast was badass.

Has there been anything said in the past about a Hawkeye movie? I hope Marvel don't overdo it.

16-10-2011
V.I.P.

^I wouldn't mind a Hawkeye film, because to be honest I know nothing about him.
The rest of the characters have an advantage over him, because we've seen where they come from.

@Littlepaperstars: Chris Evans circa The Fantastic Four and all the cheesy romantic comedies==boring.

But I think he really showed some amazing range in Captain America and I also really liked him in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
He's certainly not the worst actor I've ever seen and prior to seeing CA, I definitely agreed with you (beige paint=more exciting than Chris), but I think he does a great job as Captain America.

18-11-2011
V.I.P.

New posters -

flix66.com

Cap America one is cool.

18-11-2011
backstage pass

GREAT new posters!

18-11-2011
tfs star

These new posters are really cool. Thanks LB

16-12-2011