How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2012
trendsetter

Ooh!!! I just noticed there was a topic here for this movie. Yay!

I haven't seen all the Avengers prequels (if you will) just Thor and Iron Man (though CA is definitely on my to-watch list given that it stars all my favorite Obscure British Performers).. However I'm a diehard Marvel girl (well, the majority of the time. You couldn't bribe me to see The Punisher...) so I've been looking forward to this.

The press tour has been killing me. Could a cast be anymore humourous and adorable? For that alone, I want this movie to succeed so we can get another press tour.

23-04-2012
V.I.P.

all of the sudden I realized that its opening in 3 days! I´ve been waiting for so long, can´wait until thursday

24-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild roses View Post
Ooh!!! I just noticed there was a topic here for this movie. Yay!

I haven't seen all the Avengers prequels (if you will) just Thor and Iron Man (though CA is definitely on my to-watch list given that it stars all my favorite Obscure British Performers).. However I'm a diehard Marvel girl (well, the majority of the time. You couldn't bribe me to see The Punisher...) so I've been looking forward to this.

The press tour has been killing me. Could a cast be anymore humourous and adorable? For that alone, I want this movie to succeed so we can get another press tour.
I know--this is a great cast, Vanessa! And you should see Captain America ASAP! I was surprised how enjoyable it was. I am NOT surprised, however, to find that we have yet another fandom in common!

24-04-2012
V.I.P.

I got my tickets Back row - yeah baby.

26-04-2012
V.I.P.

THIS MOVIE WILL BLOW YOUR MIND HOLE. IT WAS AWESOME.

So much action, fantastic fights scenes and all the jokes/banter is pure Joss Whedon. They picked the right man for the job. Make sure you pay attention when they are explaining things cause you actually learn about the "Marvel universe" and how they are connected. Equally as good as Iron Man but better than all the others. I wanna go see it again.

All the actors were top notch. There was no moment when you thought it was lame that a guy in tights or a green monster were running around NYC. RLJ and Chris Evan's were perfect. Mark Ruffalo is way better as Bruce Banner than the other two. Jeremy Renner was a nice addition. Tom as Loki is deliciously evil.

The female characters - Black Widow, Maria Hill and even Pepper Potts were well written which is not surprising since it's Joss who actually knows how to write women. People who didn't like Natasha in IM2 can rest easy. Scarlett and Cobie are both impressive. Spoiler - Jane was mentioned by not in it (thank god).

Only nitpick is - when they are in Germany Loki addresses everyone in English. Hello they speak German in that country not English. That was really stupid. Hello subtitles.

PS there is a mid-credit scene so don't leave early.

Bring on Iron Man 3

26-04-2012
V.I.P.

Koko bb...had to think of you Tom speaks a bit Spanish (i can understand him just fine, the moderator's accent is a bit much for me)

29-04-2012
V.I.P.

Really glad to hear a good review Label Basher!

I'm seeing the movie this weekend!

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

Finally got to see it today!
Label was right, this a mind-blowing blockbuster! As a proud Marvel geek I was smiling the whole movie
Never a dull moment, even though is longer than most movies you don´t notice.
Kudos to Marvel for paving the way since 2008, they took their time and it really paid off. I feel sorry for DC fans cause they probably won´t ever see a Justice League movie worth watching LOL
I loved it when Stark calls Thor "Point Break"... priceless! and "Legolas" to Hawkeye lol
I wonder if the Stark building is gonna become the "Avengers Mansion" in the future, the A seemed to implied it, maybe they´ll put up a sign a la Fantastic 4?
Major LOL when Hulk tossed Loki around, everyone at the cinema was actually laughing out loud...
Loved Stark´s Black Sabbath tshirt... "I Am Iron Man"

I want to see it again, lots of great stuff to relive
Now my ultimate wish is that they´ll make an Onslaught movie so that other Marvel Universe characters would team up, comic book fans know what I´m talking about
X-Men+Avengers=

Alvie: he speaks spanish alright, he doesn´t conjugate his verbs properly but it´s Tom so I don´t care :p (he has a Michael Fassbender vibe going on doesn´t he? )

Last edited by kokobombon; 03-05-2012 at 05:27 PM.
03-05-2012
V.I.P.

Now that I can´t be spoiled I´ve been reading about the movie, ifc.com says that there are two endings post credits. I´m assuming the first one is the worldwide cut and the other North America´s? If you´re in US please tell us which one you´ve got! Label, which one did you see?

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

^ Yeah Tony's nicknames for everyone were hilarious.

EDIT: I'm assuming I got worldwide. I hate when the do things different.

Last edited by Label Basher; 03-05-2012 at 06:15 PM.
03-05-2012
V.I.P.

I have tickets to see this movie tomorrow! I am so excited! Everyone says the movie is great!

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

i only got one as well (post credit scene)

(re Tom's Spanish: i think he needs to brush up on his indefinido)

loved the movie as well. i loved Loki's rockstar vibe throughout.
i'm a bit disappointed though that he didn't speak German in that little Stuttgart scene, Scarlett spoke Russian in the beginning, why not speak in German to Germans?! (although i loved how he said "in the end you will always kneel", so i don't really mind)
i will definitely watch it again, it's so so good. as you said Koko, it's quite a long movie, but it doesn't feel one minute too long, i was sad that it ended.
I'm gonna mourn for Coulson though

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

btw, the second post ending scene is just that all of the Avengers are sitting in a ruined schwarma joint, eating in total silence while the workers are trying to clean up debris. For a full minute.

according to ontd

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

^I´m waiting for it to be posted on YT... c´mon people!

04-05-2012
V.I.P.

Love reading everyone's reactions to the film. I'm going to see it tonight! I'm glad that it might live up to my expectations. All the characters and casts seems fantastic and you can't go wrong with Joss Whedon!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, avengers