How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

The Avengers (2012)
Anyone seen Captain America? at the end of credits (yes, you have to wait till the very end) thereīs a teaser trailer of the new movie

Fans assembly! :p

not the complete thing, itīs the best I could find

imdb.com

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

The "Assembly" started back in 2008 with Iron Man
Hidden endings:

Iron Man 1 (2008)

Incredible Hulk (2008)

Iron Man 2 (2010)

Thor (2011)

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE. I HOPE IT IS SERIOUSLY EPIC.

Seeing Captain America this weekend (even though I've read it's not that good). Thor was cool and I need to watch The Incredible Hulk just for a refresher. Iron Man is the best though.

Yay for Cobbie Smulders. HIMYM fan here.

I do wonder if Joss will kill off someone as he's known for that. It better not be Agent Coulson.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

^imo, Captain America is a good movie, not as great as Iron Man but good still. Worth watching for sure
Donīt forget to catch Stan Leeīs cameo

I guess that since thereīs no CA thread we can talk about it here...
posters promoting him as The First Avenger

thecelebritycity.com

Last edited by kokobombon; 02-08-2011 at 05:13 PM.
02-08-2011
trendsetter

You have to admire the foresight with this just to get everyone on board, to do all the leads in to it on the other films. It's a real feat and especially to wrangle those contracts to keep the already established actors and to coordinate schedules. I'm hoping it will be as good as they're hyping it to be. I adore Jeremy Renner and Mark Ruffalo though.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

some fun facts/quotes from the cast about the movie:

Chris Evans: About the character's dual presence in both World War II and the modern era, Evans stated, "In The Avengers, they start to explore this. He's a fish out of water, a man not in his time, and he's just coming to terms with the way the world is now and how it's changed since the '40s." Regarding the dynamic between Captain America and Tony Stark, Evans remarked, "I think there's certainly a dichotomy — this kind of friction between myself and Tony Stark, they're polar opposites. One guy is flash and spotlight and smooth, and the other guy is selfless and in the shadows and kind of quiet and they have to get along. They explore that, and it's pretty fun".

Chris Hemsworth: He stated that he was able to maintain the strength he built up for Thorby increasing his food intake, consisting of a number of chicken breasts, fish, steak and eggs a day. When asked exactly how much, Hemsworth joked, "My body weight in protein pretty much!"

Jeremy Renner: He said it will be a very physical role and will be training physically and practicing archery as much as possible in preparation.

Mark Ruffalo: About replacing Edward Norton, Ruffalo said, "I'm a friend of Ed's, and yeah, that wasn't a great way for all that to go down. But the way I see it is that Ed has bequeathed this part to me. I look at it as my generation's Hamlet." About the character he stated, "He's a guy struggling with two sides of himself—the dark and the light—and everything he does in his life is filtered through issues of control. I grew up on the Bill Bixby TV series, which I thought was a really nuanced and real human way to look at the Hulk. I like that the part has those qualities". Regarding the Hulk's place on the team Ruffalo said, "He's like the teammate none of them are sure they want on their team. He's a loose cannon. It's like, 'Just throw a grenade in the middle of the group and let's hope it turns out well"! Ruffalo also told New York magazine that unlike previous incarnations he will actually play the Hulk, "I'm really excited. No one's ever played the Hulk exactly, they've always done CGI. They're going to do the Avatar stop-action, stop-motion capture. So I'll actually play the Hulk. That'll be fun". About his preparation for the role Ruffalo joked, "I've lost 15 pounds and I've put another five on of just strapping, pure USDA beef... They want me mean and lean, but they don't want me big and buff".

Cobie Smulders: On her costume, Smulders stated that she had tried on portions of a catsuit and saw conceptual drawings. She went on to say that "It's fascinating to me. I feel like wardrobe becomes very creative on these types of movies because they literally spend weeks designing just the pants or the emblem. It's such an all-consuming process, so I'm excited to see how it all turns out."

wikipedia.org

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

SFX September 2011

rlslog.net

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Can't wait for this movie I just love Tom Hiddleston as Loki.

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post

I do wonder if Joss will kill off someone as he's known for that. It better not be Agent Coulson.
OMG! Joss Whedon is writing/directing this!!!! The producers just have to let Joss do what he wants and not get in his way. Then it will for sure be awesome.

Yeah, Joss sometimes can be a bit mean and kill characters off. It was only okay when he did it on Buffy because he always brought them back.

No actors from any of his tv shows in the movie?

Last edited by Jenna16; 02-08-2011 at 07:45 PM.
03-08-2011
V.I.P.

I'm actually REALLY excited for this movie, which is weird because I wasn't ever too interested in any of the individual films with the exception of Iron Man.

But I can't wait to see this. Is Scar-Jo the only female member?

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

^yes.

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
Is Scar-Jo the only female member?
No there are 2. They have cast Cobbie Smulders from HIMYM as Maria Hill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Hill

Unless she has a quick cameo that's suppose to be a secret Gwyneth/Pepper is not in it last I heard. I didn't think Stellan was either.

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

^but Maria Hill is not in the Avengers team as a member. Sheīs like Nick Fury.

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

^ I was meaning more that she's a women.

04-08-2011
V.I.P.

That's kind of a bore. Isn't Wonder Woman an Avenger or Batgirl or something?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, avengers