How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2004
Mannikin

The Aviator Cast
Arguably the must see movie of 2004 (Kill Bill Vol. 2 is still the must-see for mosts), The Aviator boasts a star-studded cast and crew. Martin Scorsese (GoodFellas, Gangs of New York) is directing, and Leonardo DiCaprio, Jude Law, Alec Baldwin and John C. Reliy star. But that's not what's interesting. The roles of Jean Harlow, Ava Gardner, Katharine Hepburn and Lena Horn (which all actresses fought over including Oscar winners Nicole and Renee and Gwyneth and Halle) are given already. Gwen Stefani will make her big-screen debut as Jean, Cate will play Katherine, Kate (Beckinsale) will play Ava and Josie Maran might play Lena Horne.

02-03-2004
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Cate is by far the perfect actor to play Katherine

Mannikin

More info... Katherine was suppose to be for Gwyneth ( I know), Nicole was suppose to play Ava, Halle suppose to play Lena Horne and Renee suppose to play Jean.

02-03-2004
tfs star

I've seen photos of Gwen Stefani as Jean. She looks amazing, but i hope she can act.

02-03-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

I'm confused...has the movie not been shot, yet? When is this movie due to release with this much casting up in the air?

fashion icon

I can't wait to see it!

Here's a BIG image of Leo with Gwen:
http://www.scorsesefilms.com/photos/images/bb7.jpg

Do you know that in 2001 Jim Carrey was meant to play Howard Hughes? He talked about it on Larry King during the promotion for "The Majestic" but somehow it didn't happen..

02-03-2004
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm quite positive filming has started/finished. I've seen pictures of Leonardo DiCaprio and Cate Blanchett shooting some of their scenes together. That's why I think Cate is perfect - seeing her in costume, she really resembles Katherine.

As for Gwen, she definately looks the part - heres hoping she has the acting ability to back it up... I'm quite sure she does though, she's always been an awesome performer!

fashion icon

According to imdb.com filming is already finished and they're in the post-production now. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338751/

And according to movieweb:
"Infernal Affairs: According to The Hollywood Reporter, Leonardo DiCaprio might reteam with Martin Scorsese, his director onGangs of New York and the upcoming release The Aviator.

Sources said DiCaprio is in talks to star in Infernal Affairs for Warner Bros. Pictures.

Based on a trilogy of Chinese-language gangster movies, "Infernal" is being produced by Scorsese as well as Brad Grey, Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt's Plan B shingle. Sources said Pitt most likely will star in the picture as well.

Stay tuned for more on this project... "

02-03-2004
front row

Not to be contorversial but how does one pick a white woman to play a black woman? Josie Maran as Lena Horne is just ridiculous...One would never get say Halle Berry to play Marilyn Monroe ...whatever

02-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbie@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 9:38 am
Not to be contorversial but how does one pick a white woman to play a black woman? Josie Maran as Lena Horne is just ridiculous...One would never get say Halle Berry to play Marilyn Monroe ...whatever
I believe that Janet Jackson was to play her, but after the Super Bowl incident...

02-03-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by ebatesy23@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 7:34 am
I've seen photos of Gwen Stefani as Jean. She looks amazing, but i hope she can act.
I hope so too

V.I.P.

They had an editorial on the movie in last month's Bazaar, I think.
Although I don't think that Cate Blanchett really resembles Katherine Hepburn, they are both very talented, strong actresses and I am sure that Ms. Blanchett will do an admirable job. I can't wait for the movie to come out!

02-03-2004
front row

Well if not Ms. Jackson then tap into an unknown talent there are enough Big stars to perhaps add in one of less noteriety.

02-03-2004
scenester

Gwen is only in the movie for about 10 min, its more of an extended cameo then any thing so i would be surprised if they actually would get a bigger actress for such a small part.

03-03-2004
Mannikin

According to MSN, the Aviator is going to open on December 17, 2004. Just right in time for next years award season.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
aviator, cast