How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-05-2009
V.I.P.

The Beautiful Life
New CW show (premiering this fall) about models in Manhattan, co-stars Mischa Barton. Looks campy and fun, what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4oyjPyy6rI

21-05-2009
front row

Decent eye candy... Not sure how many plot lines they really will be able to do. Not expecting any Emmys, but should be great close, salacious stories and good fun

21-05-2009
V.I.P.

Looks good but as it's about the fashion industry I don't know if it will last long as not many in the past have (not including Ugly Betty as it's more of mock comedy).

At least Mischa is back on TV. It's where she belongs. Playing the b*tch is also a plus.

The blonde chick is from that mermaid movie with Emma Roberts and JoJo. She's like Lily D, Sasha, Gemma etc all rolled into one.

23-05-2009
front row

Wow, I would've thought Mischa would be totally embarrassed seeing years of her horrible acting on the O.C. and at least try to improve a little before her next big network show. Guess not.

23-05-2009
front row

^ Paycheck is a paycheck I guess. I'd take her acting over Tori Spelling's any day, but that is not setting the bar too high

23-05-2009
scenester

true. Mischa isn't that great of an actress but still isn't that a bit of her charm? I love this, can't wait for it. I think this will be a hit.

23-05-2009
V.I.P.

I agree, Mischa just has a certain presence...I got why fashion magazines drooled all over her in the beginning. I don't really get why they are repeating it with Blake Lively, who seems to be the new Mischa.

23-05-2009
V.I.P.

Agree Blake is the new Mischa but I don't get all the Blake hate. People don't have to like her but sometimes they just go over the top with their loathing.

23-05-2009
front row

Hmmmm... I think Blake is lastly more talented to Mischa.

23-05-2009
tfs star

All those 'the OC' kids wanted that show to end desperately so they could transfer to movies, yet none of them really could. Especially Mischa.

Both Mischa and the blond kid are doing TV now, again, after very unsuccessful attempts to make a movie career happen. TV is the best place for her... especially for now.

24-05-2009
V.I.P.

Yeah I don't think The OC crew was as talented as the Gossip Girl cast. I'm glad to see Mischa back on TV though, and in a rather campy role. It fits her...

24-05-2009
front row

You know... the more this thread has been going, the more I am seeing Gossip Girl as somewhat derivative of OC in some ways. Rufus reminds me a bit of Sandy Cohen and Lily of Kirsten

Summer and Marissa as Blair and Serena... And yes... There is the outside... Ryan and Dan...

There was the Scandelous Jimmy Cooper running afoul of the finances and facing legal plight... Ah... "The Captain" is a coke head.

And hmmm Does Alan Dale (Caleb of the OC) sort of have a bit of a resemblance to Bart Bass.

In the OC, you have Marissa exploring whether she is a lesbian, and Eric comes out and is gay.

Granted, many of there are very archetypal, but the more I see some of these characters, plots etc... They seem a lot closer

25-05-2009
trendsetter

^ i think thats just josh schwartz paying homage to the oc in gossip girl.
or maybe he just doesnt have that many good ideas..
the oc is my favorite show, and i love mischa and am so glad she is getting a tv show
as ben mckenzie (ryan atwood) is now on southland.. adam and rachel.. where are you?
i hope this show is good, i love sarah paxton's charachter from that little clip

V.I.P.

Sara Paxton is defintiely believable as a fashion model, which is kind of a relief.

25-05-2009
tfs star

designerleather, I totally agree !

I think Dan is a mix between ryan and seth though. Ryan because he's "poor" compared to the others and Seth because of this little touch of humor sometimes.

And Jenny reminds me a little of Marissa's little sister, Caitling !

Tags
beautiful, life