How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-10-2010
V.I.P.

Moderator's note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
• Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
• Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
• Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
• Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
• To view old thread, click here.
Thank you.

Daria Werbowy
She looks unique and is absolutely beautiful.

Dariawerbowyonsugar

Last edited by MulletProof; 21-11-2010 at 08:39 PM.

13-10-2010
fashion elite

My favourite famous female faces are Natalia Vodianova's and Cintia Dicker's. Probably will never get tired of them.

16-11-2010
backstage pass

Nastassja Kinski

ova dey flickr

25-12-2010
V.I.P.

Natalie Portman! Shes so beautiful!
I don't know anyone who can look that good BALD!

25-12-2010
front row

Jennifer Rubin

my caps

26-12-2010
V.I.P.

I never realised how gorgeous Kate Winslet was! Honestly shes not photogenic but after watching Titanic again I realised jsut how amazingly gorgeous she is , naturally so too! Shes CLASSIC english rose beaute

hollywood gossip website

27-12-2010
V.I.P.

Talking about English roses, Gemma Arterton is practically the embodiement of that:

gemma-arterton.net

27-12-2010
backstage pass

[IMG]http://i61.************/u/f61/11/11/02/14/43040010.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i61.************/u/f61/11/11/02/14/omonta11.jpg[/IMG]

Brigitte Bardot

fan-de-bb.forumpro

28-12-2010
V.I.P.

^BB was defintiely gorgeous! (:
Speaking of more pictures of her gorgeousness.. :p

source: katewinsletphotos.com

08-01-2011
V.I.P.

Also Daniela Cosio is so stunning! Seriously so so beautiful! Definitely one of the most beautiful models without a damned doubt

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 08-01-2011 at 07:21 AM.
08-01-2011
V.I.P.

She's technically not a woman yet, but I think she has one of the most gorgeous faces I've ever seen.

Ella Purnell (she played the younger version of Keira Knightley in Never Let Me Go)

teenvogue, zimbio

12-06-2011
front row

It's interesting to get a look at what we consider "beautiful", it varies so crazily. It's one thing to have a set of perfectly-proportioned/culturally-approved facial and bodily features, but IMO for me to consider someone beautiful, there has to be something behind the eyes - some personality, really.

Being interesting - expressed through style, demeanour, even the way you carry yourself- is probably a bigger factor in beauty, in some ways, than just having nice hair, big eyes, full lips, a neat/smallish nose, pointed chin and pronounced cheekbones (some common features I notice with most people who are considered good-looking today). It's probably why I'd rather look at Angelina Jolie than Aishwarya Rai - the former transcended her own good looks ages ago and at least has some hint of a personality that she expresses through her style, the latter.... she's got an amazing face, but is utterly bland as far as personality and taste go.

In all honesty, I think I'm a bigger fan of the slightly flawed kind of looks than the "perfect" ones - I don't know how to put this, but sometimes women with conventionally perfect faces/appearances don't really push themselves, style-wise, and end up coming off rather boring. Natalie Portman, for instance, was far more interesting to look at when she shaved her head/had short hair than she is now - it made her stand out from the pack, now she just looks like another pretty Hollywood star (though I get that long hair is the convention, and it's probably easier for work purposes etc).

12-06-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla_ View Post
It's interesting to get a look at what we consider "beautiful", it varies so crazily. It's one thing to have a set of perfectly-proportioned/culturally-approved facial and bodily features, but IMO for me to consider someone beautiful, there has to be something behind the eyes - some personality, really.

Being interesting - expressed through style, demeanour, even the way you carry yourself- is probably a bigger factor in beauty, in some ways, than just having nice hair, big eyes, full lips, a neat/smallish nose, pointed chin and pronounced cheekbones (some common features I notice with most people who are considered good-looking today). It's probably why I'd rather look at Angelina Jolie than Aishwarya Rai - the former transcended her own good looks ages ago and at least has some hint of a personality that she expresses through her style, the latter.... she's got an amazing face, but is utterly bland as far as personality and taste go.

In all honesty, I think I'm a bigger fan of the slightly flawed kind of looks than the "perfect" ones - I don't know how to put this, but sometimes women with conventionally perfect faces/appearances don't really push themselves, style-wise, and end up coming off rather boring. Natalie Portman, for instance, was far more interesting to look at when she shaved her head/had short hair than she is now - it made her stand out from the pack, now she just looks like another pretty Hollywood star (though I get that long hair is the convention, and it's probably easier for work purposes etc).
Oh my gosh- thank you so much for saying this! We can think that one person is beautiful because of their looks but in reality, like you said, it's the personality which truly makes them beautiful. If a person has a great personality then I think they are beautiful, wether it is conventional or not. So many women these days just seem to blend together for me. They all start to look the same because I don't see any personality, any life behind their eyes. And like Drusilla said it's the women who are slightly flawed that seem more appealing to me as well. And while I won't deny that women like Angelina Jolie are beautiful I personally find women like the model Ajak Deng stunning! But maybe it is also because their are so few women like her in the media that my eyes are naturally drawn to whats different. I like women who defy conventions and are beautiful even if the world seems to think that the standard of beauty is something completely different.

Ajak Deng
models.com

front row

I'm so glad you got what I was trying to say! And people (especially actors, entertainers, etc) tend to look so homogeneous these days that I actually end up appreciating the perceived physical flaws of people who are different from the norm, or even show a hint of personality (that word again!) even more. It's one thing to look at a pretty face, but there has to be something more behind the eyes if anyone is to want to keep looking.

I also get your point about being drawn to women who look unusual in the lineup - one of my favourite actresses has a lovely face but part of the reason why I became a huge fan of hers in the first place was because it's so rare to see a woman with an athletic build and short haircut on TV or in a movie (that and she's talented and spunky).

(image from latimes.com)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
beautiful, women