How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2007
still here

best episode EVER

I love this show more and more every week... and now I'm really glad to know this season has 4 episodes left, just one more month until I cancel HBO

31-07-2007
tfs star

OMG...this has been the best season ever...each week is amazing...seriously. I can't believe Roman got shot like that!! I'm still waiting for Rhonda to get hers though...she needs to be carted back to the compound or a mental institution...

24-08-2007
Fat Karl

I can't wait for the season finale! It's going to be bitter sweet, though! I just got three months of HBO for free, and I've been ADDICTED to Big Love, I mean, ADDICTED. I can't get over how much I am in love with Big Love. Nikki is definitely my favorite character...it's so weird to see such a fashionable and stylish young lady transform into a dowdy polygamist, she looks like the real deal!

trendsetter

Ive never watched one episode but the promo they aired on like very channel was SOOOO GOOD!!! I mean I really thought it was clever and well done

24-08-2007
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
Nikki is definitely my favorite character...it's so weird to see such a fashionable and stylish young lady transform into a dowdy polygamist, she looks like the real deal!
she's really quite fantastic in this role. her little one liners and facial expressions kill me. I pretty much hate Nikki, but that only means chloe is amazing at the character. My favorite line this season was a couple episodes ago when Barb was trying to incite the others to give Bill the cold shoulder over the whole night off issue, Nikki goes, "Fight the good fight, Barb." I walked around all week with that in my head :p

24-08-2007
Fat Karl

oh...I forgot, I LOVE the title sequence, too! I've had "God Only Knows" stuck in my head for weeks!

.."God only knows what I'd be without you"...

tfs star

I LOVE Nikki this season...Chloe needs to get a Golden Globe for this next year!

Anyway Ben is extra weird right now, Sarah needs to stop being so desperate in her relaitonship and dump him! Scott is so creepy to begin with...

And Rhonda just needs a reality check...stat!

24-08-2007
Fat Karl

I haven't seen season 1, though...

still here

has anyone else noticed how teeny (or whatever the little redhead kids name is) has simply been gone this season? she finally made a brief appearance this last episode with the wedding scene but before that we hadn't seen her in several episodes.

02-07-2008
trendsetter

I think given Teeny's age, schooling is a big priority! But I adore Big Love, I watch it religiously!

backstage pass

omg the new season starts in January 2009! i can`t wait

14-01-2009
backstage pass

Season 3 premieres this Sunday on HBO at 9pm!

Unfortunately I'll be pirating this one, as we don't have HBO, so I will be a little late in the discussions but hopefully not too far behind! Are you all excited as I am?

backstage pass

Big Love casting update!
Quote:
Noa Tishby: Funny Joke from a Beautiful Woman

The new girl from Big Love dresses down a pirate joke — and herself.

By Erik Price

A pirate walks into a bar with a ship's wheel on his penis. The bartender says to him, "You know you've got a ship's wheel on your penis?" And the pirate says, "Argh, I know. It drives me nuts."
About the Jokester: Noa Tishby starred in a wildly popular prime-time drama and released a top-selling album. And she was the face of the country's largest cosmetics company, which made her a bona fide star.
In Israel.
"When I arrived in L. A., it was like, 'Hey, I'm a really famous girl from Israel,' " she says. "And they said, 'Great! Now grab a number and get behind that really famous girl from France.' " Tishby's career took off in the U. S. soon enough, though, with appearances on Nip/Tuck and CSI: Miami and a role in the 2005 film The Island. Last year, she coproduced HBO's Israeli import, In Treatment, which heads into its second season this spring. This month, she begins a recurring role on Big Love, and in May, she can be seen with Matthew McConaughey in The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.
In other news: We're locating the famous girl from France and hope to bring her to you shortly.
source: Esquire

I checked out IMDB and it looks like she'll be with us for the rest of the season! Her character's name is Ladonna. I'm excited to see what she and her character brings to the table!

V.I.P.

Roman needs to pay for what happened to Kathy.

19-03-2009
backstage pass

I found this article, which pertains (I believe) to this week's episode that aired Sunday night, however I haven't watched it yet! And this makes me want to watch it even more than I already did.

Quote:
HBO pre-apologizes for sacred Mormon ceremony on Big Love
Wednesday March 11, 2009

The producers of the polygamy TV drama Big Love have apologized ahead of time for any offence to Mormons caused by an episode that depicts a sacred religious rite.

The HBO cable series stars Bill Paxton as the owner of a chain of hardware stores who is married to three wives, played by Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny and Ginnifer Goodwin.

The fictional family is non-Mormon but the series will show an endowment ceremony in a Mormon temple on its March 15 show.

The Mormon Church, officially known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS), only allows selected individuals and members in good standing to witness such a ceremony.

News of the episode has angered many Mormons, who have called for a boycott of the network and calls to cancel subscriptions to AOL, part of the Time Warner Inc. conglomerate that owns HBO.

The network released a statement late Tuesday to address the outrage.
"It was not our intention to do anything disrespectful to the church, but to those who may be offended we offer our sincere apology."

Used ex-Mormon as consultant on show

Creators Mark V. Olsen and Will Scheffer told TV Guide the episode will take place in an endowment room and the celestial room of a Mormon temple. They said they thoroughly researched the ritual and used an "ex-Mormon consultant."

The two say the ceremony — in which participants move to a higher level of understanding of their religion — has never been depicted on screen.
The Mormon Church has previously voiced fears about the series, which launched in 2006. In a release, it says it feels a betrayed by HBO.

"Despite earlier assurances from HBO, it once again blurs the distinctions between the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the show's fictional non-Mormon characters and their practices. Such things say much more about the insensitivities of writers, producers and TV executives than they say about Latter-day Saints."

The church did not call for a boycott but did say that individual members could do what they wanted.

The church says more Mormon themes are being knitted into the show's plots and Mormons tend to be portrayed as self-righteous and unsympathetic.

The Mormon Church, based in Utah, has some 13.5 million members around the world.

Founded in 1830, it officially banned polygamy in 1890. But polygamy is still practised by some breakaway sects.
CBC News

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
big, love