How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-12-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Book Challenge 2013
As not everyone aims for 50 books a year for these reading challenges, I thought I would leave the title open for next year. Personally, I'll be aiming for around 15-20 books for the year, as I'm choosing quality over quantity. I'd love to hear what the rest of you have decided to do!

25-12-2012
fashion icon

I'm going to aim for 30 books 2013. I got through about 45 books in 2012, but I think 30 is a more manageable number.

26-12-2012
V.I.P.

I'm going to aim for 25, I'd love to get to 30. This year I could not get 50, but 29 was still very good for me since I slowed down towards the second half of the year.

26-12-2012
rising star

Although I read 60 this year, for 2013 I'll aim for 40

backstage pass

I've read 50 this year (YAY), but I'll aim for 40 next year. This is my last school semester and then university starts so I won't have that much time to read.

26-12-2012
scenester

I'm gonna aim for 30, I read fast but I wanna find books I love this year and finish some I've started but then misplaced/are on my kindle so it might end up being a few more.

26-12-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
As not everyone aims for 50 books a year for these reading challenges, I thought I would leave the title open for next year. Personally, I'll be aiming for around 15-20 books for the year.....
Thanks Belowen.
I've been loving this challenge. I've been keeping track of the books I've been reading for 2011-2012 and the movies I've watched for 2012 and I've loved it.
2011 I read 15 books, so far in 2012 it's only been 8. So I'm keeping my goal around 1 book a month because with my job, life, etc. that seems to be what's realistic for me right now. I just like keeping track of what I'm reading and I'm disappointed I read less this year than last! I'll be joining again this year for sure.

26-12-2012
V.I.P.

I'll do 40 books, which seems like a reasonable enough goal for me.

28-12-2012
V.I.P.

I'm in! I'm so excited about this I aim at 30-50 books this time.
Posted via Mobile Device

28-12-2012
front row

I think that 30 is a reasonable number for me, however, I'll try to raise the bar a little bit for 2013, so I'm going to aim at 30-50 books .

V.I.P.

Belowen, great idea: personally, I find 50 too many as I teach at a college and often have to read articles and bits of theory for prep/research, which eats into my other reading. Anyhow, like you, I'll aim for around 20 books (maybe up to 30) for the year.

Does this include non-fiction (e.g., biography, for example) and/or theoretical tomes? Just curious.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
29-12-2012
fashion elite

I always include non-fiction books as well! Not sure what a theoretical tome is though? Lol.

29-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ Lol, just a book of theory. For example, what if I read a book called Historical Gothic; does that count?

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
29-12-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I think it's up to each person to set rules for their own challenge. There is no universal rule as to what 'counts', if you read non-fiction books I don't see why they shouldn't count towards your end of year tally!

V.I.P.

Awesome! Thanks.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, book, challenge