How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-04-2012
fashion insider

I love AnnaSophia's look as young Carrie

02-04-2012
trendsetter

I will watch this, hopefully they wont mess it up.

rising star

I'm disappointed they didn't choose an actress with more character, she looks boring. Where's the nose?!

And I don't think I'll like it, but it cannot be worse than SATC 2

18-05-2012
fashion insider

New trailer:

15-01-2013
trendsetter

I've just watched the pilot and I must say I really liked it.
And I love the clothes, how they did the 80s style without being over the top.
Although in SATC, Carrie says ''her father quit her and her mother'' and
they are not sticking to that story here, which I kinda hoped they would.

AnnaSophia is so cool, I'm really glad they chose her for the role.
I'll definitely continue to watch this show.

tfs star

I'm not keen on 80's look and didn't expect much from the show but the actress is charming, not sure how long I'll keep watching but hopefully I'll be surprised after a couple of episodes.

15-01-2013
trendsetter

I really liked it as well. I don't know what Sex and the City was like since it was before I turned into a couch potato but I thought the pilot was well done. I really liked the lead actress too.

15-01-2013
fashion insider

^Ah, your stamp of approval is good news . I was sort of charmed by the trailer even though, I didn't think the premise was particular exciting. Will give it a try and if nothing else, hope the fashion will hold up

15-01-2013
Some Like It Hot

I just finished watching the first episode too and I didn't mind it, I think it will get better as it goes on since they're establishing characters and storylines etc... it is definitely growing on me and i'll certainly be watching the next episode.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
^Ah, your stamp of approval is good news . I was sort of charmed by the trailer even though, I didn't think the premise was particular exciting. Will give it a try and if nothing else, hope the fashion will hold up
I do think if they did it right it has great potential. But I'm not holding my breath since it is the CW.

The pilot made me laugh and it made me sad and I realise now that I didn't reach for my phone once during the episode which is a good thing since I get bored very easily but there were some cheesy moments.

I was reading a review and it explains the show perfectly.
Quote:
But Carrie Diaries isn’t out to shock like SATC did sometimes -- it’s a coming of age story. I actually found it kinda refreshing that the show feels a little innocent and retro. It feels like something John Hughes would produce for television…just maybe with more sequins.
from entertainment weekly

15-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
I do think if they did it right it has great potential. But I'm not holding my breath since it is the CW.

The pilot made me laugh and it made me sad and I realise now that I didn't reach for my phone once during the episode which is a good thing since I get bored very easily but there were some cheesy moments.

I was reading a review and it explains the show perfectly.

from entertainment weekly
That quote sums it up perfectly.
Imo, I thought it was good. It was a little meh at times, but I couldn't help but love it when it came to her being in New York and partying with the Interview crowd. Plus, major kudus to the abundance of 80s music, especially the New Order ones. Next episode looks good with the photo shoot :p

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
THIS. With any luck, it will have exactly 1.5 good seasons before going downhill.

Last edited by advo; 16-01-2013 at 12:36 AM.
16-01-2013
fashion insider

Saw it and liked it. However, it's very similar to Jane by Design which was cancelled by ABC Family not long ago. The premiere also didn't get good ratings so I don't think this will last either.

17-01-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
The premiere also didn't get good ratings so I don't think this will last either.
Really? Saw this on TVLine
Quote:
The series debut of The Carrie Diaries drew 1.6 million total viewers at 8 pm — up 60 percent from the most recent 90210 and marking The CW’s largest audience in the time slot since May 2011 — while scoring a 0.6 demo rating (up a tenth vs. 90210). The freshman drama tacked on 930K/0.4 with its 9 o’clock encore. The CW also notes that Carrie drew more viewers than any episode of Gossip Girl in almost two years (since Feb. 7, 2011).

17-01-2013
backstage pass

I kind of liked the pilot, but I'm waiting for something more. But I need to ask, am I the only one who was reminded of young Lindsey Lohan watching Anna Sophia Robb? I mean, her face expressions and even her voice! I was shocked

Oh and I really enjoyed the 80s fashion and music. And the guy, I don't know his name but I know he's Vanessa Hudgens' boyfriend, he is really cute but his clothes are not from the 80s at all, he looks like he's coming straight out from a Hudgens' candid shot haha

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carrie, diaries