How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-01-2013
V.I.P.

Austin Butler I believe his name is, and I agree his clothes are not very 80s. I'm not sure if it was asked but will we see Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte in this show or just Carrie and her Conn. Friends? I thought the pilot was cute.

19-01-2013
fashion insider

I liked the pilot. Anna Sophia Robb is so cute.

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

At first I thought it was a complete joke, I didn't understand the concept, the 80's references and I thought it was about to ruin SATC for me. But once I got about 30 minutes into it, I started to enjoy the evolving story lines. Now that Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl are over, I'll start to watch a few more episodes, because I do get hooked on these types of things.

trendsetter

The second episode wasn't as good as the first, it was tad bit boring. Hopefully it will pick up.

25-01-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

I watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the show. I think AnnaSophia is doing a fantastic job as the lead, very cute and convincing. The supporting roles are also good ( except the little sister character who's a bit cliché). I think the writing is also pretty god, I though the plot was a bit far fetched and there's nothing to relate to SATC but I actually they somehow managed to keep the spirit of the show. Of course it's not as good and a lot of what made SATC so magical has disappeared but behind all the gimmicks of teen shows, there's actually something very interesting here. Can't wait to see how it evolves but I'll keep watching it for sure.

I think I'm hooked ha !

fashion insider

What's going on with Sebastian's clothes. They're not 80's at all.

26-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemina View Post
What's going on with Sebastian's clothes. They're not 80's at all.
I know right?! I watched the second episode and he's still dressed like he is in real life (I went to his tfs thread and I even think his leather jacket really is his own).

Anyways, the second episode was not as refreshing as the first one, and kind of boring imo, but since GG, Desperate Housewives and House are over, I need new TV shows to watch so I guess I'll wait and see

27-01-2013
fashion elite

Episode 3 is called “Read Before Use” and here’s how they describe it:

Quote:
PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS — After Tom (Matt Letscher) forbids Carrie (AnnaSophia Robb) to see Sebastian (Austin Butler) again, Carrie snoops through Tom’s work files and uncovers some alarming information about Sebastian’s past. Carrie decides to confront Sebastian about what she’s discovered and is shocked by his reaction. Maggie (Katie Findlay) deals with her breakup with Walt (Brenden Dooling) in the only way she knows how and finds some solace from Dorrit (Stefania Owen.) Meanwhile, Larissa (Freema Agyman) takes Carrie, Mouse (Ellen Wong) and Seth (special guest Kyle Harris) to an outrageous performance art club in New York City, which leaves them all feeling self-conscious.
ksitetv

29-01-2013
army of lovers

The show is cute. I like Carrie and her friends. Her sister and her Interview friend are annoying but the 80s soundtrack is great. Episode 3 has elements of the original SATC. I hope it gets a full season pickup.

30-01-2013
front row

I really wanna keep watching because Im a big SATC fan, but I just cant get into it.
I love the 80s and the music and the girl playing Carrie is a cutie so I guess Ill wait and watch a few more episodes.

30-01-2013
backstage pass

I have read the book so the story line isn't new to me, but I still think it is really dull regardless. I want to like it, but I think it would have been more interesting to make the show about when she first moved to NY and was trying to establish herself, rather than basing it on the Carrie Diaries book.

backstage pass

I didn't think I would but I quite enjoyed it ! Once you understand that it's a totally different show from SATC and your expectations aren't too high, it's OK, although laden with clichés.

But the clothes, ughhh, whoever did the styling could have put more effort into it seriously. Most of the clothes come from UO, Topshop, Marc Jacobs,etc...they're modern and you can tell. I wish they'd gotten more real 80s clothes. The plot itself isn't so fantastic that you can neglect the fashion, like Gossip Girl it's part of the appeal ! At least the music is nice.

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

It's a bit too juvenile to keep my interest. I watched the first 2 episodes, which was some innocent time-passing fun, but couldn't really be bothered to watch the 3rd.

I wish it were about Carrie in her 20s.

10-02-2013
When in doubt, wear red.

I loved the 4th episode, it's the best so far IMO. Now I can't wait to see the rest. I think they're slowly finding a pace and a direction for the show which I find more believable and enjoyable than other already established teen shows. The weakest link for me is Austin Butler who couldn't be more obnoxious. The rest of the cast is doing an amazing job and like I already said AnnaSophia is a fantastic lead. I'm just praying that Eric Daman doesn't ruin the styling as the season goes by 'cause it's pretty good. Once thing sure , the music is just PERFECT. They really got me when they played Yazoo in the last episode.

The ratings are apparently growing, I hope it means we'll get a full season

Last edited by Wolkfolk; 10-02-2013 at 06:20 PM.
12-02-2013
V.I.P.

This is actually a pretty decent show, especially from CW, and i like how they deal with some issues, it isnt glossed over, but actually well presented. But one question, and sorry if its obvious, or stupid, but does the Carrie actress ( not that familiar with her in real life) wear a wig? Because its sooo distracting in some shots, the hair line is in a different place every episode.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carrie, diaries