How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-06-2012
tfs star

Dance Moms
I'm surprised no one has made a thread on this seriously addicting, guilty pleasure show! Anyhow, I guess since it's already getting spin-offs (i.e. Dance Moms- Miami), let's make this thread cover all of the different 'Dance Moms' there are or that will come about in the future.

On that note, am I the only one starting to get really pissed off with Abbey Lee? It has become way too apparent all the fame as well as moderate success has gone to her head, with her sounding more and more like a shrieking banshee, as well as trying really hard to plaster make-up on her face, warm up the curling iron, etc.

23-06-2012
V.I.P.

I love this show! It is a guilty pleasure for me. I haven't been keeping up much with this season but i'm sure I will catch up.

Abbey is getting really annoying and it seems like she is getting so stressed about winning and being on top she is losing it, have you noticed she hasn't been on top in the majority of the competitions recently?

All the girls are really talented but their moms

23-06-2012
backstage pass

I love dance moms too! The show is pretty ridiculous but I love watching it.

Abbey has let things go to her head. In the recent episodes when it's brought up that Abbey might have rigged Maddie's performance to help her win, well I believe that Abbey would do something like that. She'd do anything to have Maddie on the top again. And it's true, she hasn't been receiving as many top placings!

The girls are the true stars of the show though, they're awesome! I hope they go places in the dance world.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelscatchfire View Post
Abbey is getting really annoying and it seems like she is getting so stressed about winning and being on top she is losing it, have you noticed she hasn't been on top in the majority of the competitions recently?
Yea, i agree with what the mother's were saying last episode; that abbey's routines aren't really all that phenomenal and are probably starting to get stale because she's focusing more on 'winning' than bettering her dancers as well as her own techniques.

V.I.P.

^ exactly. Abbey is really losing it. Like last season when she left all her dancers and the moms when Maddie forgot her dance. It seems she only cares to further Maddie's career. She is talented but so is Chloe and all the other girls. Chloe has received more attention then Maddie yet Abbey does not seem to care.

16-02-2013
tfs star

holy smokes, and so the trip to the loony bin continues. is it just me, or is abbey's voice when yelling worse than kathy's? and am i the only one who, when watching the most recent episode and kathy's fight with the mothers and abbey, felt like i was watching jersey shore: adult women edition?
the real fun begins at 1:20

Last edited by supermodel; 16-02-2013 at 11:01 PM.
17-02-2013
V.I.P.

I had forgotten about this thread!

The last episode had some real drama, I never expected them to actually lash out at each other like that. They are grown women! Kathy had it coming, she went in their to antagonize the mothers and Abbey.

On a side note, I love Kathy's all boys team and the dance dads.

17-02-2013
tfs star

^of course, i think Cathy was conducting herself in the worst manner! i don't know if i love the father's of Cathy's boys team... that one seems to be thinking and behaving along the same line as Cathy, where he behaves like a little brat who thinks winning and beating Abbey is the main priority.

Honestly, now that I think about it, i think everyone on the show behaves disgustingly aside from all the children, Holly, and Kelly

Stitch:the Hand

gah,i can't take this show. i feel horrendous for those girls. they get bullied by that evil blob of a woman in abby and then she calling their mothers-THEIR MOTHERS,mind you-terrible names right in front of their faces......i'd be surprised if they weren't scarred. whether it's merely for the cameras or not,it's disgusting and disgustingly perverse that it gets allowed. but she "allegedly" creates stars,so of course morals are the least of her concern.

19-02-2013
V.I.P.

^"evil blob" Best way to describe Abbey.
that's the worst part about that show. I will never understand why the moms have not taken their children and left, even if Abbey "makes" stars. Everyone is treated like crap by Abbey. She only cares and gives you attention when you win but once your fail she hates you.

23-02-2013
fashion elite

I have been watching the show. Chloe had plenty of time to shine when Maddie wasn't given a solo for 4wks in a row. She didn't step up and win 1 time! Maddie comes back her first solo and won. Maddie has the heart and passion for dance as a dancer I can see it! Chloe doesn't. Abby actually isn't bad to those girls try having a Russian dance coach then we will talk. Nothing wrong with being a little forceful you have to push them it is what makes a great dancer. Most this show is so scripted anyways. I can't stand Christi she needs to shut her gob. She is the biggest sh*t stirring Mom!
Posted via Mobile Device

10-04-2013
tfs star

just thought i'd drop by and pay tribute to the gorgeous smile of the guest chorographer John Culbertson from candy apples. i couldn't help but notice it, considering the camera seemed to focus on him seemingly stuck in this exact expression ~ every 10 seconds during the performances.

[my screencap]

Last edited by supermodel; 10-04-2013 at 06:54 PM.
04-06-2013
tfs star

What the heck... is it just me or did more than half of the episode where abbey's team is practicing for The View show Kathy&Vivi eating out, Kathy's auditions, etc.?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dance, moms