How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-07-2008
tea time

yeah i know bless he left rose all over again wasnt as emotional as the first time though

bless donna going back to being a useless old temp since now she cant remember anything

yeah i would assume martha and micky will be going to torchwood i dont think martha is one of the best characters but i dont find her overly annoying.

what i found strange was that darlek caan was actually medeling to kill his own kind hmmm abit strange since i thought all they ever said was 'exterminate'

the doctor is all alone again who will be his next companion? and why is it never a bloke would that just never work?

http://cedricandfanny.blogspot.com/

06-07-2008
V.I.P.

I hate to say it, the day after the finale I feel really disappointed with it in some ways

I'm happy Rose has a Doctor for herself--but I agree, I so wanted real!Doctor to tell her he loved her, and I wanted them to have the happy ending somehow (even knowing it was impossible). The kiss was pretty awesome though, and Rose is left with a sassy Doctor, considering he's got some Donna in him. But still. I wanted my Doctor with Rose

I am SO unhappy with Donna's ending. I really, really grew to love her and I am just so appalled at what they did to her. Honestly I cried so hard at the end...she lost everything good that had happened to her, all of the changes in her personality, and for what? I don't truly think it's the end for her though--I totally think her ring is like a fob-watch and someday she'll be able to remember what happened to her without her brain burning up.

I love Martha, I think I'm one of the only people that do, although her appearance in this episode was kind of...well, I could see the things in her that other people don't like. I personally think it's pretty awesome if she and Mickey end up at Torchwood. Note to self, start watching Torchwood.

And poor Doctor, all alone again. He's so emo, I just want to pet him.

15-07-2008
backstage pass

i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!! my dad was trying to convince me that 'its okay, she has her own doctor' but, its obviously not the same! rose's doctor is donna and the doctor. so its just dkjahkdjasd.

i honestly, after the second to last episode where he started regenerating, looked up on the dailymail to see if he was done. and i saw an article about all the guys that are being considered, and i HATE to admit it, but i cried!!! i got so attached to David. the guy thats like the main runner for the new doctor is going to be in the christmas special. so who knows if David will even do the other 4 specials throughout 2009..

stay one more season David please

15-07-2008
trendsetter

how did i never know this thread existed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance.Is.Refusal. View Post
what i found strange was that darlek caan was actually medeling to kill his own kind hmmm abit strange since i thought all they ever said was 'exterminate'
i read somewhere that when caan saw the whole of time when he saved davros, he saw the daleks for what they really were.

backstage pass

i love that the daleks are so stupid! caan was hilarious, what a funny idea, making an insane dalek.

my favourite is when they say "what is happening? explain! EXPLAIN!" hahah.

16-07-2008
tea time

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley View Post

i read somewhere that when caan saw the whole of time when he saved davros, he saw the daleks for what they really were.

yeah i remember him saying that he must not have been mad after all since he had a part in making the doctor donna happen hmmmm

25-09-2008
front row

I'm happy that Rose ended up with "Doctor Donna" instead of the "real" Doctor. Doctor Donna is way more like the Ninth Doctor, and Nine/Rose had much more sexual chemistry than Ten/Rose.

Anyway, here is some interesting "news":

Quote:
Great leaping Tardis! New reports are online tonight regarding how Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling had been favored to be a guest on the popular UK program Doctor Who for the Christmas 2007 show. The BBC is reporting that Doctor Who writer Russell T Davies had wanted Jo to star in the episode, however the star of the program, actor David Tennant (Barty Crouch Jr.) nixed the idea. “David doesn’t like the JK idea, he thinks it sounds like a spoof, so we’ve paused slightly, wondering whether to win him round or just abandon something that he’s not going to be happy with,” Davies said.

Excerpts from new book by the chief writer are detailed in the Times newspaper and we can read more of the plan for the purposed J.K. Rowling guest shot as follows in an email exchange:

To: Benjamin Cook
Sunday July 29, 2007 20:21:48 GMT

I had an idea on holiday. Such a mad idea that I phoned Julie, to start setting it in motion. I was in the shower on Saturday morning (you may avert your eyes), thinking about how much I’d enjoyed that last Harry Potter book, how I’d love to write something like that, remembering that, back in 2004, I asked J.K.Rowling to write an episode of Doctor Who, though she politely declined, and reflecting that we can’t possibly get someone to star in next year’s Christmas Special who’s as famous as Kylie…when all those things coalesced. BAM! I thought, don’t ask J.K. to write a Doctor Who, ask her to be in a Doctor Who! We’ve done Dickens, Shakespeare, Agatha Christie…why should kids think that all great authors are dead? Imagine it. A cold Edinburgh Christmas Eve. J.K.Rowling walking through the snow, pursued by a journalist. “What are you going to write after Harry Potter?”

... link to article here.
Okay, that's strange.

05-04-2010
Cinematic Vision

Bump!
What does everyone think to the new doctor?

05-04-2010
V.I.P.

I think he's quite funny, too bad I cant watch the whole shows

V.I.P.

I am in love I loved Tennant, of course, but I really love Matt Smith too, I think he brings a great dynamic to the role and I'm so excited to see what this season will bring Plus, Karen Gillan is gorgeous and their chemistry is amazing!

06-04-2010
Cinematic Vision

^
Agree with everything you said..
The trailers look super exciting!

06-04-2010
backstage pass

I loved the first episode and I am looking forward to the rest of the eps espically with Steven Motff the new head writer.

Matt was great though I feel David could have done the same, the charater of the doctor doesn't seem that much different, but thats not bad thing.

I have never careed much for the doctor's sidekicks before but I can tell I am gonna love Gillan. The humor from her in the first ep was subtle which was good as well as been sassy. And the little Amelia was so cute with the ragged doctor.

front row

Nobody's posted on this thread for ages,
has anyone here been watching this season of Dr Who?

17-05-2011
front row

^I have... They're doing nothing for me. The last season was good enough, it was enough to fix my Doctor Who fix, but I'm so disappointed with this season. I want David Tennant back. The new Doctor just acts so idiotic, like he doesn't know what he's doing. The Doctor is meant to know what he's doing and know how to fix everything in an instant and to just be brilliant. I miss the cleverness. Time for a regeneration, or if in any way possible a degeneration back to Mr. Tennant.
Maybe it has something to do with Russel T Davies not writing for it anymore. But then again the new writer Steven Moffat did write 'Blink' which is my favourite episode ever.

04-06-2011
tea time

well i liked the twist in tonights episode

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
doctor