How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-10-2011
backstage pass

^ Exactly what I was thinking through the episode. I got a little bit WTH is going on sometimes but that´s why I like DW so much, if you don´t take time to look at all the little details you can easily get very lost.

Last edited by Nikoline; 02-10-2011 at 09:53 AM.

02-10-2011
V.I.P.

As soon I saw the Teselecta, I said to my son "wait...they can impersonate anyone, right? So why couldn't they be the Doctor at Lake Silencio?" I've wondered since we saw the gangers if it wasn't the real Doctor that was killed, because honestly, you can't just kill the Doctor, not when Matt Smith's already announced he's signed for another year. Silly Moffat, trolling us all so hard. Unfortunately BBCAmerica blacked out during that pivotal scene with the bow tie (found it online after and watched) but I feel like I missed some of the emotional impact so I need to watch again soon.

02-10-2011
tfs star

i still didnt like the end of the silence. i mean they were kind of there during the whole season... to end shot by Amy Pond that easily...? did they all died just like that? shot? come on i think we deserved a bit more action there.

I was glad to see a tiny bit of the daleks though, they hadn't appear in the whole season... they needed their moments, good old daleks

14-10-2011
V.I.P.

I didn´t want to watch the season´s finale, was afraid to get dissapointed but that was not the case! Very nice episode, a bit of answers and a lot more questions, gotta love the Doctor

I´m lost with UK´s tv shows timelines, when will next season start?
they´ll make a Christmas special though, so the wait won´t be that long...

16-10-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
I didn´t want to watch the season´s finale, was afraid to get dissapointed but that was not the case!
Haven't watched it yet! saved it!! and felt kind of the same way... oh no! can't take the dissapointment! but now I'm soo watching it tonight!

18-10-2011
tfs star

^^without counting the christmas special, 7th season starts during April.(i checked the past seasons and they kind of rotate within dates some start the first week of april others the last or in the middle...)

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
'Potter' director David Yates signs on to film 'Doctor Who' movie

Variety is reporting that David Yates, the director of the last four Harry Potter films is taking the helm of the even longer-running British pop culture series, Doctor Who.

However, if you are hoping that this movie will be out soon, we are sorry to report it won't be out for several years. David Yates stated, "We're looking at writers now. We're going to spend two to three years to get it right. It needs quite a radical transformation to take it into the bigger arena."

Doctor Who is a British science fiction television that depicts the adventures of a time travelling humanoid alien known as "the Doctor" who explores the universe in a sentient time machine called the TARDIS.

The show starred former Potter actor David Tennant - who portrayed Barty Crouch Jr. in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - from 2005 until 2010.
mugglenet

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

^I´m worried about who´s gonna play the Doctor, I hope it´s Matt. I´m not a fan of Tennant or Eccleston...

14-11-2011
V.I.P.

^ From another article I read it said it wouldn't be any of those three...which I find weird because they've had huge success worldwide with Tennant and especially Matt Smith recently. And anyone attempting anything Who related should realize fans are obsessed with things being in canon, and you couldn't cast a completely stand-alone Doctor and have the fans be cool with that. Honestly much as I'd like to see Who on the big screen if they're not going to do it right I don't want to see it at all. It needs to make sense and not polarize the fan base.

And Eccleston would never do it. He's said he won't even come back for the 50 year anniversary, which makes me sad because I love him and Nine.

15-11-2011
trendsetter

So no one would see a Dr Who film if say, Michael Fassbender or Henry Cavill or Ryan Gosling signed up? Really?I know I would, though I'm not a Dr Who fan girl. I'm fairly sure a stand alone film with the right actor in the lead would pull them in, even if it's just obsessive fans going so they can hit up some forum and bitch about it.

15-11-2011
V.I.P.

^I would see the movie but not in theaters, I´ll download it for free at home.
And as much as I like all those actors you mentioned imo they wouldn´t portray a decent Doctor, they´re too hot... somehow they´re missing what makes the Doctor great... I don´t know, I guess I´m just a fan girl LOL
but put Matt as the lead and I´ll def spend money going to the cinema

Last edited by kokobombon; 15-11-2011 at 08:52 AM.
15-11-2011
trendsetter

I wasn't suggesting they specifically would be a good fit for the Doctor, it was just an example. I was just suggesting that if the film had someone in the role that people wanted to see then I'm sure the film would do good business, no matter how much people say now that they don't want a stand alone movie away from the series. I like David, I like Matt, I've spent a bit of time with him and he's a phenomenal actor and yes, ideally one of them would be the better choice.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 15-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.
15-11-2011
fashion insider

I don't see why there has to be a different actor to the one who is the Doctor at the time. I personally think the idea of a film is absolutely ridiculous and not even Michael Fassbender could make me want to watch the film unless he was the Doctor in the actual television timeline.

15-11-2011
don't look down

Now that Doctor Who is a commercial franchise that exists to sell every sort of merchandise, it should be entirely possible to put together something crowd-pleasing that results in financial success across the board. Whether that would see it staying true to the ethos developed during previous decades that dedicated viewers hold dear... because this show has been going for years, it's become an institution of a sort, and I wouldn't dismiss the views of people who were loud and proud about this show in the days when it was deeply unfashionable to love the Doctor.

A lot of people don't realise that there's already been a modern film version of Doctor Who... the made-for-TV one with Paul McGann, which didn't go down that well. I think Peter Cushing made some back in the 60s, but that's about a decade or so before my time.

V.I.P.

Steven Moffat´s twit

my cap

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
doctor