How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-07-2012
fashion insider

I'm sort of sick of the Daleks now so I can't say I'm too excited to see them come back but I can't wait to see the episode.
Posted via Mobile Device

02-08-2012
starving hysterical naked

Sooooo, the season 7 trailer is out.

doctorwho.tumblr.com

fashion icon

^Ahhh..... that looks so good! But I'm a little worried about that last scene they showed with the doctor carrying Amy. Honestly, it's going to be so sad when Amy and Rory leave the show.

tfs star

OMG i'm super excited now!! just 23 more days!!

03-08-2012
fashion insider

I'm so excited! I don't like this new scheduling they've introduced since Steven took over as it means I have to wait longer.

09-09-2012
don't look down

I somehow managed to miss the first episode - but Doctor Who's back!

fashion insider

I missed half of the second episode but I loved the first episode and the very special guest star.
Posted via Mobile Device

09-09-2012
don't look down

I caught up thanks to the internet, and I really liked the first episode, and while I wasn't so fond of the second one, I think it was something that was enjoyable for all the family to watch.

I'll be a lot happier if this series is full of episodes that can stand alone, rather than complicated story arcs that start to get too clever for their own good, just to get people talking.

fashion insider

That is Steven Moffat all over, every word is like a hint. RTD's arcs were much more straight forward and predictable.
Posted via Mobile Device

09-09-2012
fashion icon

I really enjoyed the first episode, it was very clever, I like it when I have an "omg" moment (sometimes...not always of course!) while watching a tv show. What do you think the link between Oswin Oswald and Clara is? Are they related? Or are they the same person? She was such a great character and I liked how they showed off Jenna's acting chops. I didn't see what happened coming at all.

Wasn't as fond of the second one, I hated how they turned Nefertiti into a really sexual character who didn't seem to have much point in being there. She was a really strong women, who helped bring about a religious revolution, so the way she was portrayed on Doctor Who was a bit disappointing. Surprisingly the second episode wasn't written by Moffat, so we can't blame it on him (for once)! But overall, I think this season is off to a decent start.

fashion insider

The way Moffat is not producing amazing scripts for DW anymore is so upsetting. Before he took over as lead writer he was consistently writing my favourite episodes like The Girl in the Fireplace, which is still my favourite ever New Who episode, and the ones that introduced River.
Posted via Mobile Device

09-09-2012
V.I.P.

I enjoyed last night's episode because it was one of those nice stand-alone episodes, not super connected to anything else (aside from introducing Rory's dad and the nods to the fact that the Ponds' time with the Doctor is ending) and it was fun and a bit silly, which is nice for them to remember occasionally since it's billed as a children's show. The Doctor's gang was fun and Amy got to be awesome again, it feels like it's been a long time since she was able to do that. Really enjoyed the surprise in the first episode, I won't elaborate since I don't want to spoil anyone, but I appreciated it since I wasn't very sure about...that situation and now I feel a bit more positive about it.

Definitely sad about the Ponds leaving...I love Amy and Rory and I'm pretty sure I'm going to cry like a baby, no matter the outcome.

Re: Moffat's writing not being as good as it might have been before, it's got to be difficult, and a lot of pressure, to carry the series on your shoulders, you know? He must feel like it's always got to be bigger, better, more clever than it was before, and sometimes he succeeds and sometimes it's a bit much. I liked the River Song arc and all of that, but it definitely made my mind hurt at times, haha.

09-09-2012
tfs star

i really liked the first episode, moffat bringing back the daleks but adding them a little plus makes me love the how the whole series kind of re-invents itself with a classic enemy such as the daleks... the last scene was probably my favourite, with the phrase the daleks keep repeating.

as for the second episode i still haven't got the chance to see it yet since i have 3 essays to finish for wednesday and a exam on tuesday. then i'll have a little spring break so i'll have tons of time there.

10-09-2012
starving hysterical naked

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
I really enjoyed the first episode, it was very clever, I like it when I have an "omg" moment (sometimes...not always of course!) while watching a tv show. What do you think the link between Oswin Oswald and Clara is? Are they related? Or are they the same person? She was such a great character and I liked how they showed off Jenna's acting chops. I didn't see what happened coming at all.

Wasn't as fond of the second one, I hated how they turned Nefertiti into a really sexual character who didn't seem to have much point in being there. She was a really strong women, who helped bring about a religious revolution, so the way she was portrayed on Doctor Who was a bit disappointing. Surprisingly the second episode wasn't written by Moffat, so we can't blame it on him (for once)! But overall, I think this season is off to a decent start.
Couldn't agree more! Nefertiti's portrayal was hit or miss for me, she had really good moments (spoilers ahead), like how she made the choice to go with Solomon and how she eventually saved herself, but the way she was referred to as an 'it' by Solomon, as a possession to be sold, made me uncomfortable. Now I get it, he's the villain and he's supposed to make the viewers shiver with unease but still, seeing a powerful historical figure reduced to an object like that didn't sit well with me, especially since women of color have a history of being objectified. Riddell's demeaning behavior towards her also ticked me off. And I don't really get why the DW writers are so set on having every powerful woman in history hit on the Doctor but whatever.

That said I think the season is off to a good start. Saturday's episode was good entertainment, it was funny and heartwarming all the same, though you can tell they're slowly building up to the Ponds' departure and that's making me anxious. And I loved Asylum! There were a few inconsistencies surrouding the Daleks but aside from this it was gobsmacking. I loved Oswin and I, too, am wondering how they're going to circumvent her death, or whether Clara and Oswin are the same characters at all?

I agree that there's been a certain dicrease in Moffat's writing quality but it's to be expected imo, under RTD's era he only wrote one or two episodes per season so he could really concentrate on them while now he has to write like, six episodes per season in addition to supervising everyone else's episodes....it must take a toll.

Last edited by Carla-A; 10-09-2012 at 08:49 AM.
10-09-2012
fashion insider

I know. He writes one episode per series for Sherlock and it really highlights his talent. I wish he didn't write as many and concentrated on just one or two knock out series best episodes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
doctor