How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-10-2011
trendsetter

What's the # of the last episode aired?

18-10-2011
fashion icon

^It's number 5.

V.I.P.

the lastn ep was seriously heartbreaking;-((((

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

I think I'm going to give in and try to watch it online. I'll just re-watch when it airs in the US.
I can't wait any longer!!!!

19-10-2011
V.I.P.

I know there's a Christmas special airing on Christmas day, but does anyone know if that's classed as part of this eight episode run, or is it actually an additional one? Making it nine in total?

I don't know if anyone's posted, but the creator was interviewed a few days ago and he said he only ever saw the series going to a Season three. He saw it finishing as World War II arrived and generally the whole upstairs/downstairs situation had ended..

19-10-2011
fashion icon

^I had herd that Julian Fellows said this in an interview. It makes sense though that the show wouldn't have many seasons because the class system does break down quite a bit in the years leading up to WWII and during the war. And the subject of class is the whole fabric of the show. Without it, Downton Abbey wouldn't be the same.

The show probably could have had more seasons if they didn't go through so many years in so little episodes. It seems like every episode is set a different year. And although it breaks my heart saying this, it's probably best that the show only has about 3 seasons so that way it doesn't get old. And everything can be resolved without dragging on for so long. Also, the characters do have to age, obviously. Like for example, wouldn't Mary be around 40 when the second war began (I don't know her exact age but she's in her twenties now... and the period between the two wars was 21 years)? So that would be quite difficult to make Michelle Dockery look older and make sure it looks good (unless she's like Cora who looks eternally youthful). Although with Downton's massive budget.... you never know. I think too many shows haven't known when to end and just dragged on. And I would hate for Downton Abbey to be one of those shows!

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 19-10-2011 at 08:33 PM.
20-10-2011
V.I.P.

I just watched all 5 episodes! I really don't know where to start, but the last episode is SO sad.
The show is brilliant and I would love it if it went on for 10 seasons, but I understand if they stop at 3 or possibly 4.

I just hope Sybil and Branson get it together very soon.

23-10-2011
V.I.P.

Just finished tonight's episode..

Sybil's face
when Patrick pushes the table.
I feel bad for Edith,
once again her need to be loved by someone has made her such an easy target. She did look quite pretty on this episode, I have to say. And I knew that new maid would be causing trouble with Mr. Crawley!

I'm glad the war is over and finally we'll be able to see how everyone settles into their new life. Next episode looks exciting. Matthew's totally going to walk :p. Do we know if it's the season finale??.

Oh and, I'm seriously keeping count of Mary's red dress. Jeez. I'm missing the point of wearing it on 6 different occasions already!. I already got it's the war, budget's carefully managed, but more fashion never hurt a TV show!.

Love Lavinia's wardrobe by the way, so forward and rich in color and textures.

Last edited by MulletProof; 23-10-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: spelling
23-10-2011
fashion icon

I still liked last weeks episode more, even if it did make me sob like crazy. This one wasn't as eventful in someways. There should be two more episodes MulletProof, I'm pretty sure it's an eight episode season. Oh and I agree, I'm getting tired of that red dress. Sure it's pretty but that can't be the only dress Mary owns! Maybe she'll celebrate the end of the war with a new gown? Like I've said before the wardrobe on Downton Abbey is spectacular. I wish people still dressed like that!

I feel so sorry for Edith, the poor girl still hasn't ever gotten over her love for Patrick. I'm kinda skeptical about the whole situation though. To be honest I'm on Mary's side about this Patrick story. Although, I wouldn't put it past Julian Fellows to make it really be true. He does love creating situations that seem improbable at times. Cora is really starting to irritate me in these last few episodes. She's quite selfish about wanting to keep Downton as a home and not a public house. That scheming she did with Carlisle was just awful to Mary and Matthew. And this thing between Sybil and Branson is killing me. They seriously need to get together! Hopefully next episode will be when it happens.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 23-10-2011 at 08:43 PM.
23-10-2011
Looking Up

Holy sh!t, the next episode looks so good! This episode was not that exciting but it was perfect at setting up what is to come next.

Mrs Hughes and Mr Carson should totally hook up

My love for Lady Mary continues to grow She's such a sweetie.

24-10-2011
tfs star

This episode was like one big cliffhanger. Nothing actually happened in it, it just hinted that quite a lot will happen in the next one.

trendsetter

Link contains SPOILERS about the season finale & Christmas special!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...lu-crisis.html

30-10-2011
fashion insider

^It better not be Carson or Cora. Which means it will be Lavinia. But that makes me possibly even madder, as it means Matthew and Mary won't be reunited out of love but because Lavinia conveniently dies

30-10-2011
fashion icon

This episode was awesome! Loved it. It was quite eventful that's for sure!

My Sybil/Branson shippers heart is very happy after this episode! Finally the moment I've been waiting for after about a season and a half! They are so adorable together although Mary really told Branson off. Mary's going to be just like Cousin Violet when's she's older I suspect. And as for Thomas, he should've looked in the bags before he bought the lot... clearly someone didn't learn to inspect before making a purchase. But I do feel terrible for him because something of this nature can really ruin a person. One bad business deal and it ruins everything. Also, what was Robert thinking??? Completely idiotic of him. I suspect he did it because his relationship with Cora hasn't been smooth sailing lately. Although this is not an excuse for his behavior. And as for Matthew... I'm shocked that he can walk again. Very typical of Julian Fellows to make it seem like a real tragedy but not be one after all. It would have been more interesting, I hate to say, if Matthew had remained wheelchair bound. But I'm probably the only one who thinks that.

Anyways, next episode looks killer, I bet it's going to have me in tears!

fashion insider

^Predicted the Matthew thing a mile away.

Also, I don't know. I read other spoilers that Lavinia WILL indeed die. So Cora won't. Of course, not sure how attached you are to Lavinia. Her death might touch you too.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abbey, downton