How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
^to download? eztv.it
season 2 in HD, proved safe
THANKS, kokobombon! I'll have to give it a try!

And, yes, twnv, I WILL enjoy the second season!

04-01-2012
tfs star

Due to the fact that there is no Dan Stevens thead here (anyone interested in opening it?) I post the videos here:

I adore Dan: he is such a sweet and talented guy, I love him in this interview:

Joanne Froggat's interview:

Credits to both videos: youtube.com, aube74.

Enjoy!

07-01-2012
tfs star

Where is everybody? Probably watching Downton Abbey.

Dear American fans, hope you loved the first episode of season 2.

I just found this amazing trailer, I'm obsessed with the compilation and use of song!
Does anybody know this song? This is definately one of my favorites!
A note before starting to watch this trailer, pay attention to the volume (it starts with a lot of noise!)

Youtube.com, PBS.

Guys I would love to get some feedback on this trailer... cause I seriously feel alone in this thread.

Enjoy!!!

07-01-2012
tfs star

wow!! such an amazing trailer!!! thanks Twnv!! I need to see the new season! I cant wait!.

07-01-2012
fashion icon

Really liked the music in that trailer. Although it does show some spoilers for later on in the series not major ones but if I hadn't already watched the season I probably would have been annoyed.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
Really liked the music in that trailer. Although it does show some spoilers for later on in the series not major ones but if I hadn't already watched the season I probably would have been annoyed.
You're right, strange they created a trailer with these spoilers.

I have two others for you (CONTAINS SPOILERS, don't watch if you haven't seen season 2: only listen to the music): another favorite of mine!

Youtube.com, SharpiesAndPaint.

CONTAINS HUGE!!!!SPOILERS (SUCH AS THE ENDING OF THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL!!!), don't watch if you haven't seen season 2: only listen to the music:

Youtube.com, longbourne2.

I have to say I am impressed by the many Mary and Matthew fan videos at youtube. People sure know how to edit it beautifully and adding great music to it. I think it's an art.

Last edited by twnv; 07-01-2012 at 03:59 PM.
07-01-2012
backstage pass

THANKS for pointing out the fanvids, twnv. Making fanvideos is a hobby of mine, and I can tell you first hand how much love and energy goes into each one. I can't wait to watch the videos above after I've seen the entire second season, and I hope to buy BluRays of both seasons soon so I can make my own DA videos!

08-01-2012
tfs star

Dear randhrshipper1 I'm so glad you like the fan video's I posted. Can you tell me your youtube account so I can subscribe to it? Two more questions are Blue rays only better in sound or also the quality of the dvd? Is it possible to view them at your pc/Apple computer for instance? Not that I will buy one I'm just interested, that's all. These ones are for you (again watch after you have seen season 2 cause it contains spoilers):

Youtube.com, SharpiesAndPaint (Great DA videos!)

SPOILERS:

Youtube.com, XCioinzia92X

Last edited by twnv; 08-01-2012 at 07:09 AM.
08-01-2012
tfs star

Clearly I'm obsessed by Downton Abbey

Very interesting behind the scenes videos (Love behind the scenes!)

Credits of the three videos: Youtube.com, aube74.

44 minutes of joy, interview with the casts members, don't think it contains spoilers as I have to watch it myself also, enjoy:

Youtube.com, PBS.

Last edited by twnv; 08-01-2012 at 08:01 AM.
08-01-2012
trendsetter

From the Daily Mail. Your helpful guide to the UK's new Corset Crew. Ruled by Downton lol

08-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnv View Post
Dear randhrshipper1 I'm so glad you like the fan video's I posted. Can you tell me your youtube account so I can subscribe to it? Two more questions are Blue rays only better in sound or also the quality of the dvd? Is it possible to view them at your pc/Apple computer for instance? Not that I will buy one I'm just interested, that's all.
That's nice of you, twnv! My youtube account is the same as my username here: RandHrShipper1. BluRay is higher quality in both video and sound (though I think the sound difference is negligible unless you have a state of the art audio set up). BluRay video is 1080p resolution compared to 720p for DVD. The higher resolution of the video is the main selling point of BluRay. If your computer has a BluRay player, like my laptop does, you can watch BluRay on it. Lots of new computers do.

CAN'T WAIT for the season 2 premiere here in the US tonight!

08-01-2012
tfs star

^Thanks, I will add you!

Yes only hours away, I don't know what was in my mind but it's the 8th of course Haha it even says in the video I uploaded. In the Netherlands it aired at Saturday instead of Sunday, that's were the confusion came from lol. Counting down for you Please let us know your thoughts about season 1 and the fan videos I uploaded ok?.

Thanks also for the explanation, I'm concidering buying a new computer still I prefer to watch a dvd at a tv instead of a pc/laptop.

Last edited by twnv; 08-01-2012 at 11:29 AM.
08-01-2012
tfs star

I don't think I posted this one yet, so here it goes (seems to be my Downton Abbey uploading video day)
SPOILERS AS USUAL!

Youtube.com, edwardianpromenade.

09-01-2012
V.I.P.

I don't know if there's anyone left to talk about season 2, but it finally premiered in America last night. First, I hope there is some kind of pay-off to having Thomas return because at this point, he still pisses me off. To come back to Downton with all that attitude. Also, why does O'Brien care! She treats him like he's her son and now she's obsessed with the new valet. And I swear, "her ladyship" is as dumb as a box of rocks! I wnat Carson to out Thomas as a thief now. Other than that, should be interesting to see what Mary's newspaper boyfriend is up to with Lavinia.

09-01-2012
fashion icon

^I'll talk about it with you, even though I already saw the whole season. I'm re-watching it with my sister and mom who haven't seen the season yet. So it's interesting to see what they freakout over. My sister won't admit that she loves the show but secretly she does. And she likes to call it "Downtown Abbey" just to annoy me...and jokingly we sometimes sing, "When you're alone and life is making you lonely You can always go - downtown...." I guess my family is weird.

I think Thomas is just being Thomas.... at time's you feel a sorry for him but overall you just want to tell him to stop being so smug. Even the Crawley's aren't that pompous! Also, I have to give a shout out to my one of my favorite characters, Cousin Violet, I love that she's back with more snappy one-liners! Seriously she always has my mother, sister and I in stitches of laughter!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abbey, downton