How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-07-2011
fashion icon

^On netflix seven episodes are available for viewing. It's a shame really that they edited it. I would have liked to see all the same scenes as all the viewers in England saw, not edited for my audience. Also, why do people have some insane ideas that we American's can't handle something that is complex in nature? Because personally, I like it when a movie/tv show makes me think rather then just staring numbly at the screen and just absorbing it.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 07-07-2011 at 01:46 AM.

30-07-2011
backstage pass

dailymail.co.uk
I love this show! Here are some new photos from on the set.

31-07-2011
fashion icon

^Ooohh... cannot wait for next season! It looks like it'll be as brilliant as ever. And the costumes look amazing... besides watching the show for the storyline I also watch it to see what the characters will wear. And the Crawley family never disappoints. Shame that we in the states will have to wait till January to watch the show from what I understand. So envious of you Brit's right now!

V.I.P.

When does the new season start airing in England?

V.I.P.

Mid September.

31-07-2011
trendsetter

September in the UK, January in the US. I was at a special screening for the first epi of Series 2 a few nights ago. It's fantastic, very different from the first series though. They've jumped forward 2 years and are in the middle of WWI, a lot of character development, particularly with some of the Grantham girls.

15-08-2011
fashion icon

^That sounds great LittlePaperStars, I was hoping they would develop the characters of Crawley sisters more. Well, especially Sybil because I thought she was the most kind of the three and she got less screen time then the other two since they were always squabbling over boys. Also, cannot wait for september 18th for the Emmy's- let's hope Downton wins some awards!

backstage pass

I'm so glad there's a thread for this show!!!! I ADORE it and I can't even imagine how I'm going to be patient until January!

21-08-2011
V.I.P.

Loved it. Finished in two days.
Sybil is my favorite. I like that she's endearing and idealistic. (I was hoping for a forbidden romance with Branson, the Irish chauffeur) Edith is the wallflower girl, but I hope she will grow up. Mary got what she asked for in the end. Don't feel sorry for her, just dumb.

O'Brien is a fool. But I think she was a fool because Thomas influenced her so. She must feel hella guilty.

22-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^That sounds great LittlePaperStars, I was hoping they would develop the characters of Crawley sisters more. Well, especially Sybil because I thought she was the most kind of the three and she got less screen time then the other two since they were always squabbling over boys. Also, cannot wait for september 18th for the Emmy's- let's hope Downton wins some awards!
Aren't the Grantham girls also the Crawley girls? I mean, Robert and Cora Crawley are the Count and Countess of Grantham.

22-08-2011
fashion icon

^Yes they are. The families last name is Crawley but Robert is the Earl of Grantham (his title). Bit confusing I must say!

front row

Season 2 full press pack on the ITV website:

http://www.itv.com/documents/pdf/DOWNTON_ABBEY.pdf

WARNING: spoilers galore!

V.I.P.

I finished watching this over the weekend. Love it, but I don't find it that remarkable to be honest, or just not worthy of such praise. I guessing the hype has to do with the director.

Anyway I have a crush on Matthew . And I don't really blame Mary for treating him the way she did, he did arrive to downton for an annoying reason and looked like mama's boy in the first episodes, at least for me, just kind of boring and too much about how he's above that lifestyle (and he is :p).. but then he just got too charming.

I kept looking at Anna and I knew I had seen her before and then I found out she was one of the main characters in Island at War, did anyone ever watch that? it's kind of similar to Downton Abbey, except it takes place during WWII... highly recommended for those into this type of series.

V.I.P.

There was a trailer surfaced online for the second season, but it was very quickly taken down by ITV.

It looks like it wont be starting here in the UK until the start of October now, the newer magazines and articles about the series are now all saying showing in October. It can't be too long before the TV spots start... fingers crossed.

03-09-2011
trendsetter

Just to let you know Series 2 starts in the UK on September 18th.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abbey, downton