How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2012
fashion icon

Ooh....my poor heart! This episode was rather heartbreaking. A lot of people don't seem too fond of Lady Edith but she's one of my favorites, I like the complexity of her character, and so I was really sad to see what happened at the end of the episode. The poor girl never get's a break! I'm seriously hoping that her love-life, her whole life turns around. One good thing that happened in this episode is that Downton Abbey was saved! Thank goodness. And really, much of the credit ought to go to Daisy, for her kindness towards Lavinia, and Lady Mary for her smart thinking.

01-10-2012
tfs star

You are not alone at all, pivoslyakova. I actually never liked Mary. I think I came around a little in series 2, just because I wanted her and Matthew to get together, but my hate for her has skyrocketed again this series. Her and Matthew are both getting on my nerves. Is it just me, or is he acting way more posh lately? Also, what a dick move, Sir Anthony. I am not pleased with this latest episode plot-wise. Although, great they saved DA. Not that I was worried. I mean, the show is called Downton Abbey.

Last edited by chickadee; 01-10-2012 at 08:15 PM.
01-10-2012
fashion icon

^I mean, you couldn't call it Downton Place could you???? What a horrible suggestion by Robert! I do like Mary and Matthew, they are meant for each other, but at the same time I've gotten annoyed with Matthew several time's during last season and this current one. I tried to understand his reasons but honestly sometimes he seemed too "nobel." I think every single character on the show has annoyed me at least once, but at the same time I rather like that, they don't write perfect characters.

V.I.P.

Oh, Edith...

14-10-2012
rising star

Oh. My. God.

14-10-2012
front row

i didnt see this coming, but it was a bit obvious (?) she didnt have a lot of participation this season but still it was so sad

fashion icon

I am so, so gutted by this episode. I've been crying on and off for the last hour, I kid you not. It was awful that they wrote Lady Sybil out of the show, and dying like that, she could have been saved if people had listened. I don't know if I'll ever forgive Julian Fellowes for this.

V.I.P.

Wow, they are really making this season count.

16-10-2012
tfs star

I cried a little also. I couldn´t believe that sybill died for real. Oh my God! How I hated his lordship for being so damn stubborn! The image of the Granny walking towards the wake, was just too much. And Carlson and Mrs Hugues so touched. Even Thomas who has no heart.
A real heartbreak of an episode.

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

I don't watch the show any more, but someone told me about it. She was one of the better characters. Shame.

tfs star

Poor Sybil. Also, Matthew has found some balls apparently to want to conduct business on that day. Tell that dude bye, we're in mourning over here, and tell him you'll talk to him later. I'm sure he would understand. I also didn't mind Mary so much in this episode, although I wish Edith would stop hoping that they will get along. Nice hug between them though. And poor Branson. Also, Thomas's reaction as well as the whole downstairs to the news was just heartbreaking. Literally, I cried the last half the show.

20-10-2012
tfs star

^Mary is so mean, that's the second time she's told Mary that they will never be friends.
Everyone is so annoying this season. Sybill became placid and frankly a little insignificant. It's only Edith whose character seems to be developing. I would like to thank LOVE magazine's Twitter account for revealing the biggest spoiler of all three series. I was so angry!

tfs star

On the bright side, I really liked the most recent episode.

tfs star

^^Yes, it was a sweet little episode, full of clever dialogs, I loved Lady Grantham and Mrs Crawley. Mary redeemed herself a little bit. Lord Richard and Carson also, great acting, even if their position (around the maid/prostitute) is so dislikable.

Last edited by newprincesita; 23-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.
25-10-2012
tfs star

Words cannot express how glad I am my baby Edith is getting a storyline where she is valued and appreciated! She deserves it. Her family has always treated her like crap and never given a second thought about how she must have felt. But I really hope Edith gets her career and finds herself, gets a huge dose of self esteem, and maybe even love? One can only hope. Anyway, go Edith! And go Branson for sticking up to Robert, because goodness knows it was a long time coming between the two of them. Can't wait til this weekend. This Jimmy/Thomas stuff seems to be coming to a really ugly head. Also, poor Daisy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abbey, downton