How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
...You are protective of your family...
That's Edith? Not even close.

28-09-2011
fashion insider

Had to post this - flawless song for Matthew & Mary

(spoilers for season 2)

28-09-2011
fashion insider

I took the test too... And I'm hilariously: Violet, Dowager Countess

Quote:
You are a born leader. You are proud and confident because you have rarely been wrong. You care about your family and your reputation is very important to you.

28-09-2011
trendsetter

^Me too. It's alarmingly on the money. Silly quiz! On another note, without giving anything away, I just wanted to say if you thought Mrs Bates was a bitch, you haven't seen anything yet! I really find it hard to hate her though because I actually look after Maria who plays her and she's the nicest woman and gives great cuddles! They're all lovely actually, i feel a bit sorry for Laura who plays Edith too, being the most unpopular sister!

28-09-2011
V.I.P.

^ You work on the set? Can you spill a teenie tiny spoiler (I live for spoilers)

Last edited by Empress Merel; 28-09-2011 at 04:27 PM.
28-09-2011
trendsetter

No I'm with the agency that looks after Maria Doyle Kennedy (Mrs Bates). To be honest when we get scripts in of shows I love, I skim, I read the parts of my actors and try to avoid as much as possible because otherwise I live my life in a perpetual state of knowing everything that's going to happen in everything and I'm too much of a tv and film geek to want that to happen! I love Downton, I like watching it in real time as much as possible for the cliff hangers and everything else!

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

Ahh that's an exciting job. I also really like that you still want to enjoy the show as a viewer, seeing everything for the first time.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
^Me too. It's alarmingly on the money. Silly quiz! On another note, without giving anything away, I just wanted to say if you thought Mrs Bates was a bitch, you haven't seen anything yet! I really find it hard to hate her though because I actually look after Maria who plays her and she's the nicest woman and gives great cuddles! They're all lovely actually, i feel a bit sorry for Laura who plays Edith too, being the most unpopular sister!
Hehe, yes didn't really trust it after reading that description of Edith

Although, I could have gotten worse I suppose. I kinda view Violet as a funnier version of Catherine de Bourgh - with an actual heart.

I'm sure Maria is wonderful irl. Her character just annoyed me royally in The Tudors and of course, now she's the roadblock for Mr. Bates and Anna so people are going to be very at her new character :p

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

That seems to be a great job Littlepaperstars! I can't imagine how you're able to keep yourself from spoiling specific things.

03-10-2011
V.I.P.

My thoughts on episode 3: I seriously can't wait for episode 4! There seems to be a lot of tension going on with Isobel/Lady Grantham. Also, Sybil/Mary concerning Sir Richard Carlisle. And also, Sybil/Branson. But more importantly William and Matthew.
And Lady Edith has really softened for me this episode. I actually kind of adored her. All this girl needs is some recognition. And poor Mister Lang also, anxiety attacks are no good.
And laughing at Mrs. Pattmore. Daisy looks freaked out though.

03-10-2011
trendsetter

Another great epi. I feel the most interesting character development at the moment is O'Brien, they're making her a little more 3D this series and thats more interesting, I mean obviously she still has a wicked side there too, but there's more to come there!
The Sybil/Branson storyline is going to develop which is long over due. I was hugely frustrated that Mary didn't take her chance with the Lavinia goss, but chances are Matthew would have seen it as spite and it wouldn't have gone in Mary's favour anyway. The storyline with Daisy and William was really quite funny, the horror on her face, the deeper she got into it was priceless.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 03-10-2011 at 03:04 PM.
03-10-2011
V.I.P.

And Mrs. Pattmore just pushing her further in the hell hole that is marriage. And poor Ethel, all she wants is to get laid lol.

03-10-2011
backstage pass

GAHHH! You all are killinig me with the little spoilers! I HATE that we have to wait until January in the States!

03-10-2011
fashion insider

littlepaperstars, I thought Lavinia's secret was stupid because even if Mary did tell it - not really something Matthew would scoff at anyway. It's just something that shows how Lavinia's a perfect angel. Don't dislike her, but there's zero depth in the character which bores me.

Hated Isobel. Thought she was so annoying! I don't mind it when she argues with Violet because the Dowager Countess can take care of herself. But Cora's just too nice!

03-10-2011
fashion icon

I cannot wait until next weeks episode after seeing this one! It set up everything really nicely. I feel so bad for Daisy, poor girls gonna end up married to someone it seems she might not love. How old is her character suppose to be anyhow? I know people got married young during that era but the way she plays Daisy I always imagined she wasn't a day over 17 or something. Daisy's so innocent. And as for Sybil/Branson... I really do hope they runaway together! Although, Branson might want to curb the rebel act a bit. I really respect Mary for not telling Lavinia's secret. It really isn't hers to tell. And anyways, Matthew would feel like she's trying to break up his engagement, it would end really badly. O'Brien seems to have changed so much ever since she caused Cora's miscarriage. I like this new O'Brien, especially how kind she was to Lange. Although, I do hope she gets into some bad ways again, we need someone to stir up trouble! So.... next week... looks like some major plot developments are going to happen!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abbey, downton