How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-04-2011
V.I.P.

Downton Abbey
I'm so late on this -- but is anyone else obsessed with this show?! O-M-G...I just finished the DVDs and it's so, so good! I was just mad that evil Thomas and his hag O'Brien didn't get what was coming to them in the end. I guess there's always next season.

I think my favorite character is Mary - I like that she is full of grays and not the stereotypical snob, she's got a heart and the actress who plays her is so appealing.

15-04-2011
trendsetter

They're in the process of filming series 2 as we speak so only have to wait until the autumn for new episodes in the UK.

16-04-2011
V.I.P.

LOL, after I first saw it, I got so obsessed that I hunted down and watched all espidoseds in like one night. It's basically perfection.

V.I.P.

I'm so glad someone started a thread for this. Ha. I absolutely loved it when it was first on, and have watched it all again on DVD.

There's season two this Autumn, and a Christmas special. Oh yes. Excited. Ha.

16-04-2011
V.I.P.

Is there somewhere you can watch it online? (without paying or downloading)

16-04-2011
V.I.P.

I watched all of Season 1 on Netflix Watch Instantly in 2 days. I'm in love with it!!!!!!
I'm a big fan of period dramas, so this is perfect!

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier is one of my favorite books and that evil maid in this show reminds me of Mrs. Danvers.

17-04-2011
trendsetter

I'm fairly sure all of season 1 is being repeated in the UK on ITV over the bank holiday

20-05-2011
Looking Up

Fantastic show. I'm in love with it. Lady Mary is my favourite character so far, she's so engaging. I find her plot the best. And I also like Matthew Crawley and Grandma Violet She's such a bitch.

I can NOT wait for Season 2...I think it comes out in December right?

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

It comes out in September/October actually. It launches alongside X Factor here in the UK, and follows it on a Sunday night.

For anyone watching it outside of the UK I really do urge you to try and download/buy the UK version, as there was approximately an hour and a half edited out for the US airing of the series. Apparently the story line to do with Lady Mary's not being able to inherit has been completely removed for US audiences? Odd. Not sure which other territories got the edited version also.

06-07-2011
fashion icon

Love this show... I'm still making my way through the season. And I'm slightly annoyed that they have made differences between the UK and US showing of the show. What purpose does that serve? Looking forward to seeing more of this show when it airs again, anyone know when the second season will air in the states?

dailymail.co.uk

A photo from August 2011 issue of British Vogue with the actresses who play the Crawley sisters. I think they look so lovely here.

V.I.P.

^Beautiful!!!

06-07-2011
V.I.P.

^^Gorgeous picture. I think anyone who has access to the UK version of the show should not even bother with the US version. I agree, I see no point in editing it.

V.I.P.

Hmmm...What differences have they made? I watched it on netflix, so I'm not sure if I saw the US or UK version.

06-07-2011
fashion icon

^I'm watching it on netflix too but I'd like to know as well what differences they made. Did they cut out a whole sub-plot or something?

V.I.P.

An entire subplot was cut, which meant that in the end over 2 hours of footage is missing.

Here's the original article explaining it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...S-viewers.html

If you've watched 8 episodes, then it's un edited. The edited version will only have six episodes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
abbey, downton