Fahrenheit 9/11 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
26-06-2004
El Capitán

My experience watching this film was...

I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E!!

last night was probably one of the best cinema experiences of my life...the reaction from the audience alone was unlike any other...honeslty..
I haven't seen a movie that has touched me, provoked me, and left me wanting to make a difference in a long while.

has anyone seen it yet? what did you think?

for those that haven't, PLEASE don't miss the opportunity to catch it at the movies!

26-06-2004
rising star

i saw it last night as well. how i got in will remain undisclosed, but i agree. i loved this movie! it makes so much sense. also i really enjoyed seeing how the audience reacted too. i've never seen an audience actually clap and stand up and cheer for parts of a movie. i loved it!

26-06-2004
fashion insider

I've read so many bad things about this movie and how it distorts facts and takes things out of context, I feel like I won't get anything out of it. Plus, he grates on my last nerve. I don't need him to tell me the facts- I will stick to newspapers, magazines like Newsweek, and cable news.

flaunt the imperfection

i've heard so many good things...everyone i know who saw it is raving about this film...i'm going to try and see it this week... everyone's talking about going to see this film...

...i've heard that people were cheering at the screen...i can't wait to see it ...!!!

26-06-2004
trendsetter

My parents are hardcore conservative republicans, but I really have never agreed with thier politics. I want to see this movie very badly, but I'm going on vacation so I'll have to wait until I get back. I'll just tell my parents I'm seeing The Notebook or something, they hate Micheal Moore.

27-06-2004
windowshopping

I felt that Fahrenheit 9/11 was much better than the other two Michael Moore documentaries (though I would probably call them politically motivated films before I call them documentaries) I have seen, Bowling for Columbine and Roger and ME.

In Fahrenheit, his evidence was much more cohesive and the effect of it much more powerful. Obviously the film is one-sided because it is meant to be more persuasive than informative, so one can't exactly take the film as a the ultimate word on information surrounding the events of September 11th and the reasons for the War on Iraq. The ease with which Moore and his film are able to guide the viewer to a state of strong discontent with our government and society is what it should be praised for.

Admittedly, I was already on the side of the view that Moore is pushing in the film and therefore probably reacted more easily. But I was also strongly for gun control and corporate social responsibility before viewing Bowling for Columbine and Roger and Me and they had little effect on me.

Regardless of what you think about the issue at hand or Michael Moore himself, I reccommend seeing the movie. It is simply too hard to explain what you will feel while watching it that you need to find out for yourself.

27-06-2004
etre soi-meme

i've read his latest book but i havent seen any of his documentaries,
i'm looking forward to the film as soon as it becomes available here
and captain's 'review' totally persuaded me.

just the fact that it risked not getting distribution makes it interesting to see.

27-06-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by nycgirl84@Jun 26th, 2004 - 8:38 pm
I've read so many bad things about this movie and how it distorts facts and takes things out of context, I feel like I won't get anything out of it. Plus, he grates on my last nerve. I don't need him to tell me the facts- I will stick to newspapers, magazines like Newsweek, and cable news.
His point is often that these forms of media are total bullshit. It's all lies and distorted facts.

I find some people are brainwashed by the media. They think that if it is on CNN then its true. They couldn't be further from the truth. There are many whistle blowers from FoxNews, CNN, NBC, and CBS who have made it public that stations alter news to please the people that are giving them money and tax cuts.

If you all like this documentry, go see the Corporation.

27-06-2004
Mannikin

Since it won the Palm D'Or (and the winners of this award, unlike the Oscars, are often great films), my favorite critic gave it a 4/4 rating and Capt. Jack loved it, I really want to see it. Also, Bowling for Columbine.

27-06-2004
backstage pass

All i have to say is this movie is AWESOME! everyone MUST see it... even if you are republican and support bush. It was very informative and persuasive.. adn powerful. I recommend this movie to everyone!

27-06-2004
barcode

Honestly, I already hate Bush and everything he stands for so I don't see a point in seeing it. I don't really like Moore very much, but I agree with him on how he feels about G.W.

27-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike413@Jun 27th, 2004 - 4:31 am
Honestly, I already hate Bush and everything he stands for so I don't see a point in seeing it. I don't really like Moore very much, but I agree with him on how he feels about G.W.
this is what i think the point of seeing it would be,...

the fact that a film like this...(which is politically motivated and risked not even getting released)... could bring in some serious $$$...means that studio heads might be more willing to invest in films of this nature in the future...which means more of them will get made and this promotes freedom of speech...

if you can go to a movie...be entertained ...and support freedom of speech...then...imo...that's a beautiful thing...your $10 can make a big difference,...remember...unity is powerful... and money talks...

even if you don't agree with michael moore's politics... i still think it's a good idea to support films of this nature...

27-06-2004
barcode

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 27th, 2004 - 9:25 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 9:25 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spike413@Jun 27th, 2004 - 4:31 am
this is what i think the point of seeing it would be,...

the fact that a film like this...(which is politically motivated and risked not even getting released)... could bring in some serious $$$...means that studio heads might be more willing to invest in films of this nature in the future...which means more of them will get made and this promotes freedom of speech...

if you can go to a movie...be entertained ...and support freedom of speech...then...imo...that's a beautiful thing...your $10 can make a big difference,...remember...unity is powerful... and money talks...

even if you don't agree with michael moore's politics... i still think it's a good idea to support films of this nature... [/b][/quote]
good point..........as usual

27-06-2004
flaunt the imperfection

shucks...spike...

that was a very nice compliment...thank you...

28-06-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by CelineChic+Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:29 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CelineChic @ Jun 27th, 2004 - 2:29 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-nycgirl84@Jun 26th, 2004 - 8:38 pm
His point is often that these forms of media are total bullshit. It's all lies and distorted facts.

I find some people are brainwashed by the media. They think that if it is on CNN then its true. They couldn't be further from the truth. There are many whistle blowers from FoxNews, CNN, NBC, and CBS who have made it public that stations alter news to please the people that are giving them money and tax cuts.

If you all like this documentry, go see the Corporation. [/b][/quote]
And what about the BBC or even the CBC in Canada? I still think there are much better ways to get the facts other than watching Michael Moore films. They're entertaining, but I think people are making the mistake of assuming that everything presented in the film is a fact. It's important to keep an open mind and realize that his work is heavily biased to the left just like certain news stations are biased towards the right. And despite the trucker-like appearance, Michael Moore has accumulated quite a bit of wealth from his work.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
9 or 11, fahrenheit