How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-03-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA
Weird.. I love airports too! .. sadly I don't travel often.. but my favorite is SFO
I like SFO a lot too. Add JFK to that list...just 'cause it's New York. Whenever I touch down in New York the Frank Sinatra song always pops in my head...especially the lyrics "If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere" and "These little town blues...are washing away..."

Least Favorite: The Dallas-Fort Worth airport because I got really sick there back in 98.

11-03-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab_fifties_fille
omg i love airports!!! Newcastle of course is a good one and Charles de gaulle I love seeing people rushing around airports and always like to wonder where they are going and why
I like Cdg a lot too...Paris is one of my favorite cities in the world, and definitely my favorite metropolitan destination in Europe. On the other hand, Heathrow brings back bad memories..."Thiefrow"

11-03-2005
princely

I havent been to that many airports, but the nicer ones are vancouver and kuala lumpur( i like the tram)....the worst would hafta be taipei and san diego(so damn crowded)

airports are exciting, i dont know why.....im lame..

11-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *EllaH
Interesting idea for a thread. I'd have to say Vienna and Paris de Gaulle.
De Gaulle? WHAT, that airport is so complicated. Ive never seen an airport where you have to walk up a flight of stairs and through a restaurant to get to the rest of the gates, it's insane. I didn't mind the mini-Hermes there though, killed some time. I hated Heathrow as well, really nuttily designed, you get let out 5-feet from the door and there are information signs missing information!!

Dulles sucks as well, it is gigantic but the floorplan is badly used, and you have to ride those f-ing rover things to get to the other side. Can't we enter the 20th century and get a monorail or an underground walkway with little shops because god knows there ain't nothing on the other side.

I like Miami's airport, it plays Carribbean music when the luggage carrousel starts up, that's cute but a hardback Samsonite nearly took me out. I like Tampa's too, it is huge and in the middle of the airport they have these open air atriums where you can go and relax, lovely. I like Regan National the new section is GORGEOUS.

11-03-2005
fashion insider

London Heathrow is the worst airport in the world! As for my favorite airport? I have to say Frankfurt Main, lots of shopping while you wait for your flight!

13-03-2005
V.I.P.

john lennon (very tiny airport) or manchester as these are the closest to my home so that means im either leaving to go on holiday or comming home.

13-03-2005
ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourniquetMX
As for my favorite airport? I have to say Frankfurt Main, lots of shopping while you wait for your flight!
really? I actually rank frankfurt as the worst airport I've ever been to. ick...unfriendly, smoky, absolutely no place to sit, odd shopping priorities (want a new tie? brilliant! want to buy some water? tough luck), and it is blasted confusing to navigate...very clausterphobic.

my favourites are edinburgh and gatwick. edinburgh because it's so simple and unfussy...friendly, non-intimidating and very, very quiet which is nice when you're tired and waiting. gatwick because there's enough to do between flights, plenty of places to sit away from the crowds, and it's really small and easy to navigate.

14-03-2005
backstage pass

Malapenza in Milan, Italy
Seattle/Tacoma in Seattle, Washington

V.I.P.

when i landed in rekaviyk my first impression was a cloud of smoke...i remember being a little shocked how so many people were smoking...and then i was whisked off to my next flight too soon...i wouldn't call it my favorite airport necessarily but i would love to take another look at it ...oh off topic--this thread makes me want to start one about public transport! which i love

14-03-2005
backstage pass

another hater for London Heathrow here, but that's probably becasue I'm in it once a week it seriously needs an overhaul.

Also hate Amsterdam Schipol so smoky!

Liked Bilbao airport for a nice, clean design - almost as nice as the Guggenheim!

I love duty free shopping in airports (even if the prices are higher than normal shops!) for big boxes of chocolates and good champagne deals and new perfume.

14-03-2005
windowshopping

Singapore Intl. Airport and Kuala Lumpur

14-03-2005
yes

london city, because its small, non crowded, non too high security all business people and always free seats in the departure lounge

14-03-2005
V.I.P.

Probably Munich because I've never had a long lay over there Which isn't true about Heathrow

fashion icon

Tie between Hong Kong International Airport and Zurich International Airport.

because they both have spas that I like to go to

14-03-2005
windowshopping

the Liberia International Airport in Costa Rica! it's really small, fast, simple, with a low profile and little traffic.
i got too drink beer while waiting too go through customs, no hassle hah! plus there were little geckos and butterflies all over the place

but for my most hated airports... george bush international in texas
i've never seen so many fat people in my life. it might also have too do with being stuck there for over 24 hours

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airport, favorite