How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-04-2005

Heathrow. It's packed all the time but I always feel happy at heathrow for some reason.

05-04-2005
front row

O'Hare. I've flown out of it so manytimes it's become my favorite.

scenester

Hong Kong is mindblowing (although shopping is disproportionate to its size)

Within Europe: Copenhagen, beautiful, great shopping.

Within UK: London City, fast, efficient, crap shopping so no time wasted

06-04-2005
rising star

Frankfurt. very clean.

O'hara is the worst, pre 9/11 every security guard had guns and was shouting for some reason or other

before you get angry let me just explain, i thought it one of those beedy eyed squirrels
06-04-2005
front row

I really like our country's airport (especially after the reconstruction, Helsinki-Vantaa that is. And I have read that it has voted one of the best too.
I think the worst must be some of those small airports which Ryanair uses. Paris-Beauvais is/were(?) basically a tent.

06-04-2005
Stitch:the Hand

I second Schiphol in Amsterdam. I love the way that place is designed. So much corridor space and the guards are the friendliest I've seen thus far.

The worst airport is Detroit. Those guards are the most arrogant twats I've ever come in contact with.

11-04-2005
i'm almost ready..

i too love airports...have been through many of them already in my life and hope to travel through a great deal more. they give me a grand sense of hope and adventure.. life-renewing, somehow.

i'd have to say sydney, australia and vancouver, canada are two of my favorites

11-04-2005
backstage pass

LAX and the one in Detroit I dont know the name of it but its huge!!!!!

www.styleisagift.com
www.myspace.com/styleisagift
11-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drowned
I really like our country's airport (especially after the reconstruction, Helsinki-Vantaa that is. And I have read that it has voted one of the best too.
I think the worst must be some of those small airports which Ryanair uses. Paris-Beauvais is/were(?) basically a tent.
"Paris" Beauvais is funny. The airport is the middle of nowhere, and actually is like a big white marquee. I was in it one night when it was raining and windy and we were all freezing and scared!

12-04-2005
space-force garçons

Singapore Changi Airport is my favorite, so nice and cosy and extremely efficient, although I never stay there long enough to enjoy the facilities. Even has free internet, one of my favorite services provided there. It's quite boring architecturally, but the third terminal currently under construction looks promising.

I like Kastrup too, the main hall felt light and airy but my luggage took forever to come out. And when I flew home from there, I was charged 2500dkk for excess luggage, almost as much as the price of my return air ticket. What a killer!

I agree, Beauvais is weird. It's not really an airport, it's just a metal shed and the waiting area was freezing. And it's 2 hours away from Paris.

16-04-2005
rising star

I once had a LONG layover at ICN (seoul, s. korea) and it was sooo nice. they have televisions, spa, tons o shops, and chairs that you can lay down on!!!
The worst International airport i've been in is LAX. EWWWWW!!!! It's smelly and old and unorganised. You'd think for one of the biggest cities in the USA, it would be nicer, but no. I don't suggest landing there. (even the San fransico airport is nicer)

17-04-2005
rising star

Singapore airport is the best worldwide hands down. Incheon (Korea) would be 2nd for me -with a very nice layover hotel in the airport. Kuala Lumpurs airport is nice (use to live there). Kong Kong is fine to, but nothing special.

Hate Frankfurt...have probs everytime we go through there. My hubby hates it too, and he's from Germany.

Taipei-yuck

LAX is annoying to get around and always crowded.

Bali airport is ok

Thailand airport is rather run down looking, but easy to get around.

I love tiny airports...like the one in the Maldives or Little Rock Ark. I swear they have like 10 terminals...so easy to get around-ha!

WORST EVER!: Bangladesh airport.. I had like 10 guys surround me when we departed from our car to get our luggage out...and they all wanted to carry our luggage (so that we would then have to pay them of course) Meanwhile they are bumping into me and almost knocked me over just trying to get to my luggage..and without our permission! I yelled at them (well i'm an American- so i don't put up with that) and immediately 3 local men standing by came to my rescue. Some of the locals can be quite protective of foreigners-thank goodness.
Very very poor country..so sad to see the way they live.

Well we let two guys carry our bags (and one kept his hand on a bag...just touching it) so we tipped them all.

17-04-2005
I'll bossanova with you

Not really sure about my fave, but I liked O'Hare and disliked Charles du Gaulle. I also liked one Argentinian airport, but I can't remember which one it was...

19-04-2005
fashion icon

baraja in madrid & the one in barcelona

02-07-2005
backstage pass

I dont think i have a fave, but i like the Kiev Borispol in Ukraine, just because when youre waiting for the woman to announce your flight, the area is so big and spacious, i like it. The worst airports are probably the Polish one, it was so small and crammed, and Heathrow in London, it was so nasty. I went to the bathroom, washed my hands and insted of paper towels theres a roll of towel hanging on a bar thing, and the whole towel was soaking wet, and its just like ugh, disgusting.

A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe, from "Faust"
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
airport, favorite