How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-11-2004
rising star

i tend to like medium to large dogs, but i rescued my small dog--1/2 Shih Tzu, 1/2 Bichon Frise--earlier this year. he's about 20 lbs & thinks he's 100.

18-11-2004
scenester

This is my little guy, Monty. He is half Pug, half mini Fox terrier. (My neighbors Pug had a fling with their neighbors dog -- not planned at all!) But he sure turned out cute!! He weighs 12 lbs.

18-11-2004
front row

I voted tiny, which I guess Malteses aren't, because they're actually quite bigger --- around 8 pounds generally. But my maltese that I've had for 12 years is still as small as ever, four pounds, lighter than my chemistry textbook(and to be honest, I'd rather carry Ding-Dong anywhere than lugging that annoying textbook )

*sigh* oh I miss him now, he's back in Vancouver and I can't see him until december. Darn this no pet rules at dorms.

18-11-2004
V.I.P.

my favorties are.. Shar Pei, Afghan Hounds, Great Danes!

unspecified

I am a cat lover, nevertheless, I am an animal lover, and don't hate dogs, like some people does. My all-time favourite is the Siberian Husky, but I had a Teckle, better known for hot-dog.

I will definitley have to have some day a tiny dog, as in toy-like to dress it and go out.. as the little doggie in Madonna's "Human Nature"video.. hilarious..

http://pilchero.wordpress.com/ - Very Personal Style
19-11-2004
fashion elite

All your dogs are adorable. I guess I'm abit biased since I own an australian silky terrier of the small kind, but I heart retrievers.

backstage pass

i've been looking into dogs for 2yrs - trying to figure out what breed's best for us.

i love the look of a Westie - this is pretty much the only dog i like in their 'standard/show cut'. smaller dogs: i love the look of a Yorkie - but don't think it'd be right for us.

i've liked the look and personality of: couple of Portuguese Water Dogs (natural look), Soft-Coated Wheaten (natural look). The Briard looked and sounded good too, i'll check that out.

i remember years ago i was befriended by a couple of medium size dogs - black - they were so wonderful - i asked what they were and the owner said either 'yorkie-poo' or 'cockapoo' - either way, i hope it was it was a standard poodle mother, cuz they were big!

i also love mutts! depends on the mutt - but i find more often than not, they're awfully sweet. my favourite dog was a mutt - with a bobtail to boot. i've met a wonderful wonderful Lhasa-Beagle (looks nothing like either - looks like a large cockapoo - but waaaay better looking).

i also had a Boxer once - name Moush - and although i get horribly grossed out by slobber and googly/weepy eyes - i loved him - and he was soooooo ugly and scary looking - that he was cute. He was hyper crazy, but very sweet. We had him loose one day and he ran full-speed towards a guy at the end of our street (it was half-a-block) - the guy saw this scary looking dog hurtling towards him and he started screaming in fear - Moush ran up to him, jumped up and started licking him all over. We felt so bad we didn't let him loose like that again. Poor guy on the street.

i also prefer dogs that don't smell. i think retrievers and spaniels are lovely dogs with beautiful characters, but they can get so stanky - especially when wet.

tgp
fashion elite

I love big dogs that I can wrap my arms around like my labs! I also like Danes, Ridgebacks, Greyhounds, Goldens, Malamutes, German Shepherds, Great Pyrenees, Boxers...basically I love dogs.

here are my girls for those who haven't seen them:Harley and Magee

27-11-2004
backstage pass

I LOVE American Pitt Bull Terriers! These dogs are honestly the greatest to have around and it just breaks my heart whenever people automatically assume that they are vicious evil dogs.

Growing up I had german shepards but something would always happen to them.
1 got hit by a car
2 ran away
1 died of Parvo

Then one year when I was still young our employee bought me a pitt bull for my birthday. She was gorgeous. I named her Cookie-Lynn. This dog cost a fortune because of her blood line. We bred her two times and we did back ground checks ont he other dog to make sure he was of a pure blood line as well. Cookie had the most gentle personality ever. We lived close enough to school that when I was in elementary school she would hear the school bell ring and she'd jump the fence and run to school to walk home with me. She loved all women and kids. She wasn't too great with men but she never attacked or bit them, she would just be a lot more aware of her surrounding when men would be around. Once when Cookie had puppies a family came to pick out a puppy and Cookie let the mom and daughter look at her puppies and touch them with no problem but she would stand next to the guy and just stare him down. I liked the fact that she was so protective of me as well. If my mom or dad would yell at me she would bark at them. She was a great listener as well. You never had to scold her. And hell, she hated water but she would sit still long enough for a bath so I never had to take her to a groomers place. I had this dog forever and when she passed away I cried for weeks. The only thing that kept me happy was that when Cookie had puppies once, we kept one, so her blood line lived still at our house.

We kept one of Cookies son's and we named him Bruiser Douglas. This dog was the runt of the litter and we thought that he would never be a big dog but DAMN! Bruiser has a huge head and he is just massive. He isn't fat just very musclar. People who know we have pitts back home will ring our door bell just so they can see Bruiser. Bruiser doesn't like strangers a lot. He barks every time he sees a new face. When family comes to visit we have to show Bruiser that the family member is "good" by opening the blinds to the back patio and letting the person sit in the chair closest to the door just so he can see that the person is welcome. The only time Bruiser has ever bit anyone was when they tried to steal something from my mom's truck. i guess the thief didn't see a pitt underneath the truck! It's not very often that an older male dog will take care of other puppies but our employee bought another pitt bull when Bruiser was 4 year old. Bruiser takes care of the puppy. He is very protective of the puppy and basically shows him around. Its cute. Oh...and he loves the water. If we are watering the yard, he'll jump through the sprinklers or lay where the water will fall on him. When filling up his water buckets he'll play with the hose.

We got another pitt bully named Princess Elizabeth but we had to get rid of her because she was bothering Bruiser way too much and they got into a fight. Princess Elizabeth got the **** beat out of her by Bruiser so we gave her back.But man what a jealous dog. If you would try to pet Bruiser she would crawl on your lap and make you pay attention to her.

Then our employee wanted another dog so he brought home a female named Buffy Anne. My mom freaked out and made him take it back after a few months because she was a **** distrubor and my mom didn't want her to get hurt like Princess Elizabeth did. She was a beauty of a dog. Looked exactly like Cookie Lynn but I couldn't bring myself to name her Cookie II.

Now our employee brought another pitt home. Bruiser is 7 years old and he is raising another puppy. This time a male name Rosco (First pitt I've ever had with just ONE name). The two dogs sleep together. Rosco will go wherever Bruiser is sleeping and sleep on his back. One day my parents thought they lost Rosco because he is the same colour as Bruiser so he looked like one of Bruisers spots.

I LOVE PITT BULLS! They just have a very special place in my heart.
I'm gonna try to find picture of my dogs but I think they are all on my lap top.

P.S. Sorry for the novel!

28-11-2004
front row

i have a labrador! and she is lovely

front row

Aww, I love huge dogs. I have a newfoundland right now and I can't imagine having a tiny dog.

29-11-2004
V.I.P.

i love chihuahuas. they're so adorable, albeit very hyper and easily excited. i have 3

29-11-2004
stories everywhere

I love 'em all... but right now I've got a jack russel who is like perfection wrapped in a cuddle pup

V.I.P.

My favorite tiny dog is a Coton De Tulear

My favorite small dog is a Bichon/Yorkie

My favorite medium dog is a Affenpinscher

My favorite big dog is a American Eskimo Dog

My favorite massive dog is a South Russian Ovtcharka

I have a little Coton De Tulear called peppermint shes so cute

01-12-2004
rising star

I love all dogs, but I especially love French bulldogs, Boston terriers, wheaton terriers, boxers, and huskies. They are all so cute!

I have a husky who weighs about 50 lbs. His name is GOGGLES.

This was taken when we first brough him home, at 11 weeks old. I get all mushy looking at his baby photos!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dogs, favorite