How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-03-2011
V.I.P.

From The Graduate:

"Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me!

Aren't you?"

14-03-2011
V.I.P.

"...I have nipples, Greg. Could you milk me?" ~Jack, Meet the Parents

"Bad luck, I guess. It floats around. It's got to land on somebody. It was my turn, that's all. I was in the path of the tornado. I just didn't expect the storm would last as long as it has." ~Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

"Oh my God! That's the coolest f**king story I've ever heard in my life! Can you tell it again, do you have time?" ~Seth, Superbad

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." ~Hannibal Lecter, The Silence of the Lambs

"Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed - or worse, expelled." ~Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

"You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack. But when my sister brought Doug home, I knew he was one of my own. And my wolf pack... it grew by one. So there... there were two of us in the wolf pack... I was alone first in the pack, and then Doug joined in later. And six months ago, when Doug introduced me to you guys, I thought, "Wait a second, could it be?" And now I know for sure, I just added two more guys to my wolf pack. Four of us wolves, running around the desert together, in Las Vegas, looking for strippers and cocaine. So tonight, I make a toast!" ~Alan, The Hangover

imdb

16-04-2011
you set the scene

From 8 1/2:

Guido: I don't understand. He meets a girl that can give him a new life and he pushes her away? Because he no longer believes in it.
Claudia: Because he doesn't know how to love.
Guido: Because it isn't true that a woman can change a man.
Guido: And above all because I don't feel like telling another pile of lies.

19-04-2011
trendsetter

War of the Roses

Oliver Rose: I think you owe me a solid reason. I worked my *** off for you and the kids to have a nice life and you owe me a reason that makes sense. I want to hear it.
Barbara Rose: Because. When I watch you eat. When I see you asleep. When I look at you lately, I just want to smash your face in.

and

Oliver Rose: You have sunk below the deepest layer of prehistoric frog **** at the bottom of a New Jersey scum swamp.

V.I.P.

The Social Network

Gage: Do you think I deserve your full attention?
Mark Zuckerberg: I had to swear an oath before we began this deposition, and I don't want to perjure myself, so I have a legal obligation to say no.
Gage: Okay - no. You don't think I deserve your attention.
Mark Zuckerberg: I think if your clients want to sit on my shoulders and call themselves tall, they have the right to give it a try - but there's no requirement that I enjoy sitting here listening to people lie. You have part of my attention - you have the minimum amount. The rest of my attention is back at the offices of Facebook, where my colleagues and I are doing things that no one in this room, including and especially your clients, are intellectually or creatively capable of doing.

imdb

22-04-2011
V.I.P.

And then the ladies came. You know, the kind attracted to success.
And it didn't matter to them...that I stuttered, and I could barely speak.
The more remote that I became, the more they liked it.

They took it
as a sign of strength. So I started playing games--
just to keep it interesting.

And the games
became a way of life. A maze.

From "Wild Orchid"

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favourite, movie, quotes