How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-05-2005
V.I.P.

Right now my favorite scene is from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Toward the end of the movie during their last (first) memory together, when the house is crumbling, beautiful music is playing, he's standing in a room with water everywhere, and he's saying "I wish I'd stayed". I love that so much. I cry every time I watch it.

I could choose a few more scenes from that movie, or any number of scenes from "What Dreams May Come".

16-05-2005
trendsetter

there are tons but alls i can remember at this hour are

Royal Tenebaums
when margot meets ritchie at the bus station
she gets off the bus to Nico's These Days and she's walking in slow motion
perfect perfect scene

Eternal Sunshine
when Joel is a kid and all the other kids are taunting him to whack the bird with a hammer and he won't do it
too much cuteness!
and then when little Clementine side-hugs little joel and says everythings going to be fine or something like that
i was grinning like a retard with candy

16-05-2005
V.I.P.

^That's my other favorite scene from the movie.

16-05-2005
V.I.P.

Ok....

House of Wax- When Chad Michael Murray takes off his shirt and shows of his six pack..me and my friend Steph actualy squealed

A Cinderella Story- Near the end, where, when Chad Michael Murray's character, Austin, realizes that he loves, Sam, played by Hilary Duff, and he runs after her, after deciding that he will indeed follow his dream and go to Princeton like he always wanted, and not stay and play football at USC like his dad wants,, and he catches her right before she leaves and she's all like "Austin, What are you doing?" and he says " Something that i should have done a long time ago" and then they kiss, and right as they kiss, a single rain drop falls on Chad's perfectly tanned face and they look up, and then it starts to pour and they stand there, making out in the rain, and they are all wet, and looking soooo HOT!!!!!!! and this was during the football game...and they were sooo HOT!!!!! loved it....

Mean Girls- When they were having the Trust fall...that whole scene was hilarious...especialy where Gretchen falls to the ground after saying..."I'm sorry that you're all so jealous of me, but i can't help it that i'm popular"

trendsetter

oh oh mean girls is sooo fetch right? hehehe omg!!!11

16-05-2005
V.I.P.

Like totaly...OMG tokyo...you totaly need to come to my crib and we can, like, get, manis and pedis, and like totaly have a girls nite...i'll bring my one tree hill and cinderella story dvd and we'll totaly slow motion when chad is onscreen, it will be soooo FETCH!!!!!

trendsetter

u roxorz jssy!!1!

16-05-2005
V.I.P.

Like Omg

trendsetter

for sure, for sure
Jssy4Eva i am totally dedicating this song to you please listen to it you'll bodaciously love it

Frank Zappa - Valley Girl

16-05-2005
front row

It's a Wonderful Life- at the very end when the bell rings and Clarence gets his wings. I cry every Christmas.
Shawshank Redemption- playing Motzart to the inmates.

16-05-2005
test pattern

i just recalled another one...

a bunch of interesting scenes really worth some interest in brothers quay's "institut benjamenta or: this dream people call human life" even if some points are averaging the quality of the whole movie. every single frame in the bizarre odyssey is tightly composed and beautifully printed in black and white. i particularly like the through the keyhole moment and the dust being brushed aside by the clock pendulum.

16-05-2005

omg!! STOP tryin to make fetch happen, its not goin to, ok?? :p

16-05-2005
scenester

pretty woman - when she's been shopping, and goes back to the store where they wouldnt serve her looking like a tramp.
when harry met sally - the orgasm scene, and the scene at the beginning when they are discussing how men and women can never be friends after leaving the diner.
city of angels - when seth kisses maggie in the park, and she asks him if he felt their chemistry, but he cant feel anything cos he's not human....oh that scene makes me cry.
Phantom of the opera - the masquerade ball scene...oh the costumes are incredible
theres gotta be loads more that i cant remember right now

16-05-2005
V.I.P.

I thought of a few more...

Clueless- Cher's "debate" scenes

Gaslight- When Ingrid Bergman starts to think she's going crazy. When she finally realizes she's sane and confronts her husband. That was such a "you go girl" moment

Dirty Dancing-Danging on the log, the last scene when she does the lift and her father realizes that he was wrong about Johnny

16 Candles- When Samantha leaves the chuirch and sees Jake standing there waiting for her and she looks to see if someone's behind her and and then goes "Me?" and he goes "Yeah, you!". And then they kiss over the birthday cake! Aww.

Pieces of April- When April tries to explain Thanksgiving to the chinese family

Beauty and the Beast when they dance together, when the beast kets her go b/c he loves her, when Belle realizes she loves the Beast

It's All About Love- the Ice Ballet scene and snowing July

16-05-2005
front row

There are so many! But ultimately, when Margot Tennenbaum gets her finger chopped off - I don't think I've ever been so thoroughly impressed by a moment on film. Other films have made me laugh more, others have made me cry, etc... but that one just really stands out in my mind as a great moment.

Oh, and as frivolous as this moment is in a movie full of poignant jokes, I think we can all feel the burn when Ty says to Cher in Cluless 'You're just a virgin who can't drive!'. Ohhh the pain of 10th grade!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favourite, movie, scene