How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2005
V.I.P.

Favourite Movie Scene?
Did a search, doesn't seem to be any such topic other than fave movie endings/lines.
So, what are your fave movie scenes?

Mine was from Reality Bites, where they're all in a gas station store when the song My Sharona comes on a radio and Vicky gets the clerk to turn it up then proceeds to start dancing like crazy with Lelaina & Sammy while Troy looks on like they're nutters and of course he's too cool to join in although he probably really wanted to.

10-01-2005
V.I.P.

The opening credits of Breakfast at Tiffany's. I don't really like the rest of the movie, but just that opening is wonderful every time I see it.
My Fair Lady, when she comes down the stairs in her white dress and puts on the red velvet jacket. The song I Could Have Danced All Night, when she's finished "singing" and falls back onto the bed.
The opening of the animated Sleeping Beauty.
When Clyde first robs a bank for Bonnie, in the film sporting their names. One of the most oddly sexy movie scenes in a way.
The point at Roman Holiday where's just sitting at the steps, eating her icecream and holding the flower. The sadly quiet ending of that movie.
Yes, I do like Audrey Hepburn movies...

10-01-2005
seagreen serenades

That William Tell scene in Clockwork Orange is one of my most... memorable...

The through the fishtank scene in Baz Luhrman's Romeo + Juliet is another... for many others too...

In Little Voice I love the scene in LV's attic when the people downstairs first hear her singing.

From the original Willy Wonka film, Mr. Wonka singing the 'Pure Imagination' song as he first shows them the factory...

In American Beauty, when Ricky describes and dancing plastic bag as we watch his footage of it, and ends the scene when he says 'Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in'.

That's all I can remember at this moment. No doubt I've forgotten my actual favourite...

10-01-2005
Seductress in Eden

when katie walks down the stairs in white... in shes out of control...

10-01-2005
V.I.P.

-My Fair Lady, when she comes down the stairs in her white dress and puts on the red velvet jacket.

Ah yes, that dress was amazing! When I first watched that movie I told my mom I wanted my wedding dress to look exactly like that. I still sorta do actually.

The fish tank scene from R+J was truly magical. It gave me chills. Also the one where she's standing on the balcony with her angel wings & the wind blowing her hair about her. Sigh.

10-01-2005
Kip
windowshopping

These are more like moments than scenes but.
In Amelie when she melts to the floor !
In Moulin Rouge when Ewan sings "Your Song" to Nicole.
In Orlando when Sasha says to Orlando in her wonderful Russian accent "You suffer from a strange melancholy, that is, you suffer in advance"

10-01-2005
trendsetter

In the movie "Love Actually" when Kiera Knightly watches her wedding video and it turns out it's all of her b/c her husband's bestfriend who filmed it is secretly in love with her. And the other scene is when the British writer and his Portuguese assistant are saying sweet things in their own language but they don't understand each other...I specially bought that dvd just for those scenes.I'm such a nerd!:p

windowshopping

The orgasm scene at the diner in "When Harry Met Sally," Judy Garland singing Have yourself a merry little christmas in "Meet me in St. Louis," the end of "Pretty in Pink" where they are at the prom and Duckie is in his white shoes, he will always be the duck man

10-01-2005
V.I.P.

excellent choices, strawberry!!

i also like the golden gate bridge scene in vertigo

in rear window...when jimmy stewart is looking out his window at the other apts and you can hear the sounds of the city in the background as well as the noises and music coming from the other tennants

the scene in strangers on a train where the creepy guy is standing on the steps of some massive white building in DC...the contrast of hs small dark figure with those enormous white columns...

the "beautiful girl" scene in singing in the rain with all of those ridiculous outfitts...faabulous!!

opening credits of to kill a mockingbird

the funhouse scene in the lady from shanghai...great use of the shadows, darkness and mirrors. very appropriate for the confrontation between the three principal characters

the newsreel in citizen kane...how blunt the transition was from his deathbed to the news of his death. loved the newsreel format of announcing his death

Last edited by meowmix; 10-01-2005 at 09:58 PM.
10-01-2005
SCBl0ndie

I coulda been a contenda... I might tear up everytime I watch it. :p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg watfrt.jpg (10.6 KB, 348 views)

10-01-2005
barcode

Tough one.....

I love the tango scene in Moulin Rouge when Ewan McGregor is singing "Roxanne" and all the dances are totally in sync, the music, the dancing, the whole mood of it...j'adore

My current fave however would be the last 2 scenes of Phantom of the Opera, starting with the Don Juan scene and ending in the phantom's cavern....probably the most heartbreaking and enthralling scenes I've ever watched in a movie....and I loved it because of that.

11-01-2005
V.I.P.

I just remembered, the scene in Peter Pan where they're sailing above the pink & golden clouds and passing by planets, and also the one in the forest where all the fairies are dancing.

11-01-2005
V.I.P.

The first scene in Reservoir Dogs. Genius.

11-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBl0ndie
I coulda been a contenda... I might tear up everytime I watch it. :p
I coulda had class... I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am...

That's one of my favorites as well.

11-01-2005
fashion insider

the infamous skirt blowing scene from "Some Like It Hot"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg itchy.jpg (80.4 KB, 6 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
favourite, movie, scene