How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Charlie Hunnam: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' as Christian Grey!!!

Charlie Hunnam has officially landed the role of Christian Grey in the highly anticipated movie Fifty Shades of Grey!

The news was confirmed by E.L. James, the author of the book series.

“The gorgeous and talented Charlie Hunnam will be Christian Grey in the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey,” E.L. wrote on Twitter.

It was announced just minutes beforehand that Dakota Johnson will be playing the role of Anastasia Steele in the film, based on the bestselling book series.

The film follows Anastasia, a young college graduate who has a sexual awakening with Christian Grey, a young businessman who introduces her into S&M.
justjared

02-09-2013
fashion insider

what???
hell no....

02-09-2013
V.I.P.

^I´m so glad! He deserves some role that will give him exposure, he´s so underated imo but I think he´s talented
I don´t have an opinion about Dakota though...

02-09-2013
fashion insider

He's just not what I had pictured as Christian Grey

02-09-2013
V.I.P.

^me neither but I think he can pull it off, he has that alpha male thing going on. They´ll probably die his hair and make him wear contacts...

02-09-2013
backstage pass

It's not like anyone saw that coming but if he shaves off his beard and cuts his hair a bit he'll make a great Christian.
He's still a better choice than Alex Pettyfer. Movies like that should attract older women and not underaged girls.

06-09-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Charlie Hunnam is the ONLY thing on this planet that could entice me to watch this film. He oozes sexuality and is a real alpha male. I might wait for it to come out on DVD and watch it on mute.

V.I.P.

I have no problems with Charlie although I think Ian would be perfect for the role. As for Dakota... she's okay. I hope she will dye her hair to brown though since the heroine in book is a brunette and the author always emphasise on it

08-09-2013
V.I.P.

^I think she will because her hair color in a way it´s central to the story.

15-10-2013
V.I.P.

Sorry, Charlie
I am surprised at the lack of activity in this thread - this is big news that's been ongoing for days. Charlie has pulled out, but the latest revelation is Aaron Taylor-Johnson

(Who? I know, I said the same thing), he's the director's husband.

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_arti...article=116061

source: article above, www.tv3.ie

15-10-2013
V.I.P.

^ wtf?! He's is so not Christian Grey IMO. Man this is a mess.

15-10-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

PRAISE MAYONNAISE CHARLIE IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V.I.P.

What the hell?! well, this movie now will be unwatchable imo LOL

imo Aaron Taylor-Johnson has no sex appeal or charisma... they tried to make him a hunk in Savages but he just doesn´t have it. He comes across more like his geeky character in Kick-A$$...

23-10-2013
V.I.P.

Jamie Dornan cast as Christien Grey
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#axzz2ibYcZeVf

We should've seen it coming...

13-11-2013
V.I.P.

This Week's Cover: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson -- EXCLUSIVE

Quote:
Jamie Dornan was in his pajamas, and anxious. It was 1:30 a.m. London time, and the 31-year old actor was watching reruns of Storage Wars and praying for the phone to ring. “I was sort of pretending I wasn’t waiting, but the phone was in my hand, halfway to my ear,” Dornan says in throaty Irish brogue. He had just flown back from Los Angeles, where he had auditioned for the role of the world’s hottest control freak, Christian Grey, in Fifty Shades of Grey. Landing this part would propel him to instant stardom, and so, with his pregnant wife, actress Amelia Warner, snoozing upstairs, Dornan tried to focus on the show. Minutes later, the film’s director, Sam Taylor-Johnson (Nowhere Boy), phoned to tell the former Calvin Klein model that he was about to become the object of millions of women’s fantasies. “There was a slight fear,” Dornan says now, his wiry frame huddled on a couch in a Los Angeles photo studio. “But beyond anything else, I was really f—ing excited.”

This weeks’s Entertainment Weekly cover story features the first exclusive interviews with the two stars of the new film based on Fifty Shades of Grey, the publishing phenomenon from British author E L James — about the seduction of virginal college student Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) by a beautiful billionaire with a penchant for sadomasochism (Dornan) — that has sold 90 million copies worldwide and ignited the libidos of a generation of women.

The stars open up about what drew them to the roles, the pressures behind getting the roles right for the fans, and how they feel about baring it all. For Johnson, 24, the daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson, it meant seriously working out for the first time in her life. “Obviously, I want to look good naked,” the newly brunette actress tells EW. “I totally understand now why people exercise, because it kind of f—ing feels awesome.”

Dornan, who spent his early days as a model frequently undressing for the camera, isn’t the least bit anxious about the graphic sex scenes he and Johnson are about to film. “I’m a fairly worldly guy,” says Dornan. “I grew up in a very liberal place. I’m not saying we had a playroom, but I’m not shocked by [the sex in the book]. It’s essential to tell the story. I can’t believe films that don’t invoke the sexual side of it. So it works for me.”

Everything also seems to be working now, too, for the studio behind the film, Universal Pictures and its indie subsidiary Focus Features, which purchased the rights to James’ trilogy back in March 2012. The studio experienced some initial bumps along the way, particularly with the initial casting (and subsequent departure) of Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) as Christian Grey. The film, which begins production in Vancouver on Dec. 2, was originally set for release this August, but has now been pushed to Valentine’s Day weekend 2015.
ew.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fifty, grey, novels, shades