How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2009
tfs star

DEFINITELY not.
If a man comes to a police station and says: my friend paid to me to murder a guy, they both get punished.

28-09-2009
rising star

F1 was the best in the 80s and 90s with Prost, Mansell, Senna (the good one), Piquet (again, the good one), Villeneuve and Hakkinen.

That being said, the last couple of years have gotten a lot better and I look forward to next year with the new teams and the return of Cosworth. I have only watched a few races this year but I'm very happy that Button is doing so well. I hate Webber

29-09-2009
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Tofana View Post
DEFINITELY not.
If a man comes to a police station and says: my friend paid to me to murder a guy, they both get punished.
Totally agree.Why the FIA gave him immunity i have no idea..without him following the orders (whether given to him or not) there would have been no cheating at all.

Also the argument that he felt he had to do it in order to keep his seat doesn't fly with me either-i'd be furious if someone did that to me and report it immediately to the FIA-NOT GO AHEAD AND DO IT!

Last edited by FashionGirl87; 29-09-2009 at 02:14 AM.
29-09-2009
rising star

^What are you guys talking about? I'm not up to date on this season's happenings

29-09-2009
rising star

Check out bbc F1-basically a driver from renault (piquet) crashed at singapore last year, at the time it wasn't suspected and he said it was a simple mistake but this year renault got rid of piquet and he then went to the FIA saying that Renault team bosses had told him to do it in order to give alonso the win and to maintain his race seat.

Team bosses denied it at first but then later quit their jobs whether because they knew it'd be found out who knows!

Piquet was given immunity for his evidence and insists he was told to do it. Both parties are blaming each other.

Renault are on a two year probation. Hope that helps a little! its rather confusing!

29-09-2009
rising star

I see, thanks for the info.

I think it's good that he got immunity. Drivers are expected to follow orders and this type of stuff happens all the time (not that I think it should) And when you have a new driver who's under a lot of pressure from someone like Flavio Briatore, what do you really expect him to do? At least he's telling the truth(?) now, or maybe he's a lying scumbag lol

29-09-2009
rising star

Lol. Either way its not at all good for the sport. Have no idea why cheating seems to be considered part of F1 these days.. All speculation on who told who to do what,but the majority of people think he got off easy compared to others who were involved. Definitely safe to say i don't think he'll be back in f1 considering what has gone on. Shame really that its totally messed up his career but i suppose it was his decision to do what he did.

How do you lot feel on Fisichella going to Ferrari considering how well the force india is going at the moment! Mistake or not? I say yes but who wouldn't turn down the chance to drive a Ferrari?!

29-09-2009
rising star

Never like Fisichella, but good on him.

This season has been very confusing for me, with all the KERS and triple diffusers and drama. I have only watched about 4 or 5 races, but my understanding is that all the teams that are doing well aren't using KERS, and the FIA is going to scrap it? I can hardly keep up with all the new rules they come up with.

30-09-2009
rising star

Alonso confirmed for Ferrari for next year-thoughts?

The FIA have allowed KERS for next year, however most of the teams don't want it and don't want others to run it however Williams do want to run it so its all up in the air really!

30-09-2009
rising star

So where's Kimi going?

01-10-2009
front row

^McLaren?

01-10-2009
tfs star

IF he's going...
Remember some time ago there were rumours that he's just SO into rally right now that it's basically bye bye F1

01-10-2009
rising star

i hope he doesn't for into rallying-Love Kimi in interviews! LOL

-i reckon McLaren..

Shame that rubens may be losing his seat at Brawn when he's actually in win a shot at winning the championship this year!

03-10-2009
tfs star

Vettel on poooooooole(!!!!!!!!!) and Brawn's far far behind...
Maybe there will still be some excitement about title after this race

Meanwhile, send Sebastian a message!

http://fanwall.sebastian-vettel.org/
Already for a second year, all messages shall be printed and the book will be handed to Seb in Brazilian gp ^^

04-10-2009
rising star

Cool thanks for that Aqua Tofana Bet you glad with the result today? : )

He drove BRILLIANTLY! Totally out on his own in the front! Wonder if Brawn have won constructors-issues with Rosberg and the safety car mean he may take a 25 second penalty which would give Brawn the Constructors!

Really want rubens to win in Brazil! Going to be a exciting finish considering we now have a 3 way race! Vettel can still do it!

SO tired- up at 4.45am watching it live here in the UK!

Last edited by FashionGirl87; 04-10-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
formula, racing