How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-05-2007
V.I.P.

Friday Night Lights on NBC
Quote:
Friday Night Lights
Quote:
is an award winning American television serial drama adapted by Peter Berg, Brian Grazer and David Nevins from a book of the same name. The series details events surrounding the Dillon Panthers, a high school football team based in fictional Dillon, Texas. The show uses a small-town backdrop to address many issues facing contemporary Middle America.
Produced by NBC Universal, Friday Night Lights initially received an order of 12 episodes and began airing on October 3, 2006 at 8:00pm on NBC. NBC increased this number on November 13, 2006 ordering a full season of 22 episodes. [1] In addition to airing in the United States, the program is also shown in Canada, The Philippines and the United Kingdom and is available from several online sources.
The show has received much critical acclaim - it was the season's second-highest-rated new show on MetaCritic (behind The Nine, which was cancelled midseason) but has not met with much ratings success having consistently placed below 50 in the Nielsen rankings. [2] Because of this, NBC is waiting until it reveals its new fall schedule in May to announce whether the show has been renewed for a second season [3] though NBC President Kevin Reilly has both indicated that renewal is likely[4] and directed producers to begin work on the first 6 scripts of Season 2. [5]
On May 10th, 2007 NBC sources confirmed to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello that the network had renewed the show for a second season. [6]
Has anyone seen this show yet? I've only seen the pilot and I really enjoyed it. Kyle Chandler is a great actor.

14-05-2007
backstage pass

i've seen one episode of it & i quite like it.. im gonna watch it more often.

25-06-2010
V.I.P.

It's too bad this thread has been dead for so long, but I just HAVE to bump it up.

Anybody watches thing show still? I've just been catching up with the 4th season after completely missing out the 3rd season, and I can't get enough. It's such a brilliant show.

Like I was saying in the TV shows thread, The Son is the best episode I have ever seen on TV. The guy who plays Matt was sensational. But the best part about the whole series is that everyone is always so great. Chandler and Connie are out of this world.

tfs star

I´ve watched a couple of episodes, and I can tell it´s better then most of the young dramas. It´s more real, and the girls are hot . But here in Guate they air it fridays and I´m not home most of the friday´s so If I really wanna watch the episodes I have to download them.

V.I.P.

Yeah, it's on Fridays here too. I watched some episodes online and some OnDemand.

It's DEFINITELY better than all the other 'young dramas'. And yes, the cast could not be any better looking.

rising star

I just started watching it, it's such a great show. I really want to get the DVD and watch all the episodes in order.

08-07-2010
V.I.P.

Kyle Chandler AND Connie Britton got nominated for Lead Acting categories in Drama for FNL! I never thought I'd see this happen. AMAZING. Best news of the day!!! And show also got a writing nomination for The Son.

Shame though that Zach Gilford wasn't nominated for The Son. And of course the show, but that was less likely to begin with.

But I can't be greedy, lol. YAY!!!!!!!!

trendsetter

I watched the whole 3 seasons in like a week, that's how good this show is. I'm glad I decided to look this show up and watch.

I'm super stoked that Connie Britton and Kyle Chandler got nominated for an Emmy but I really don't understand how Zach Gilford wasn't for The Son. That is one of the best episodes of the whole show and a standout performance from Zach.

08-07-2010
V.I.P.

^That episode kills me.

And glad you gave it a go and ended up liking the show. So many people are not willing to give it a shot and don't realize that they're missing a gem here.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
^That episode kills me.

And glad you gave it a go and ended up liking the show. So many people are not willing to give it a shot and don't realize that they're missing a gem here.
I usually get teary eyed whenever it's a sad episode of any show but I actually cried during The Son. And I don't know if anyone has watched the finale of season 4 but the bit with Tim and Billy at the end killed me too. I cried like a baby during that scene lol.

I'm so glad I gave it a go too, it's in my top ten shows now. And I agree about how it's a gem, it's just a shame that NBC doesn't have faith in it the way they do for their other shows.

06-11-2011
front row

I have watched the whole 5 seasons finally.. I never wanted to watch this show as I'm not a big fan of Football but I have to say that this was a great show!
One of my favorites even.. great cast with great acting skills!

12-04-2012
V.I.P.

I didn't watch the show when it aired, but being a Minka Kelly fan I said what the hell, I'm gonna start. What I didn't expect was the fact that this is the best damn series I've seen in ages!! I'm from Europe so I know nothing about american football and that's what kept me from seeing this. I was certain that a show about it wouldn't keep me interested. But OMG how wrong I was!
The actors, the family ties, every relationship on this show is so good. I'm currently watching season 3 after watching the first two in 3 days.
I have grown so tired of all those teen dramas lately and their stupid plots and FNL is so refreshing in its realism and its relatability.
And I really have to say that I haven't seen a chemistry like Lyla's and Tim's in ages, possibly since Felicity and Ben in Felicity. Their scenes are electrifying.
Please everyone give this show a chance!! I swear it's not about sports! Everyone is likeable and REAL!!

12-01-2013
fashion icon

My sister, mom, and I are pretty much obsessed with Friday Night Lights which is really odd for us because we are not a football family at all. Like, for the most part we pretty much can't stand watching it. But to be honest, this show is so much more then about football. Even though I come from a place that isn't nearly as obsessed with football it just feels so real and relatable. I love that as the season's go on you can see the character development emerge, especially in someone like Tim Riggins, who on the surface just appears to be a boozing-jock but really has a sort of tenderness under his rough exterior. I've managed to cry several times throughout the series, funnily enough it's usually when Tim is doing something really touching that brings on the waterworks.

And then of course there are the Taylor's, Eric and Tami, who probably have the most realistic marriage I've ever seen portrayed on television. The writers of FNL created this wonderful couple, a couple that has a lot of love and respect for each other (and a relationship that is not without it's issues too), I wish we saw more tv relationship's like the Taylor's. Anyways, I pretty much cannot stop gushing about this show, is anyone else a major fan?

V.I.P.

what you say about the Taylor's is very spot on. I haven't seen a more real couple on tv before or since

13-01-2013
V.I.P.

I'm on the third season at the moment (they've been showing it from the beginning here in the UK since last year). I love it. Some of the storylines would be so cliched and generic on some other teen show like One Tree Hill and Gossip Girl, but they're so well handled here.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
friday, lights, nbc, night