How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-07-2011
V.I.P.

So excited that they have started filming season 2!!!

27-07-2011
V.I.P.

I'm trying to contain my excitement, since it will be a whole year before we actually see Season 2.

28-07-2011
fashion elite

first time i liked sansa:

tumblr

Last edited by fashionmuse; 28-07-2011 at 01:37 PM.
28-07-2011
V.I.P.

^I feel bad for her. She's the one in the most vunerable position at the moment.
They could easily kill her just like they did Ned Stark.

All of her family are on the run or going into battle and Sansa is stuck with the enemy.

28-07-2011
front row

i don't know if it was clear in the tv episode, but in that scene she wanted to push Joffrey off the bridge and kill him , but Sandor Clegane stopped her just when she advanced towards him to do it , saving his life and hers too.

28-07-2011
front row

^ it was pretty clear to me, but I noticed some people didn't get that the first time they watched it

I like Sansa. She has some annoying moments, but I get her and why she is that way. By the finale my heart was breaking for her (and for all the Stark family)

28-07-2011
fashion elite

^ shes definitely grown on me. i didnt like her in the first few episodes but now i feel sorry for her. shes in a tough place.

i really thought she was going to push him, i was so hoping for it

V.I.P.

i actually think Sansa is rather safe. Robb has Jaime, so the Lannisters need Sansa to stay alive to have something the Starks want. not that that's gonna be a nice holiday, but Arya needs to survive on the road, Robb has to fight battles and Jon has to go beyond the wall...

video from one of Robb's camps for season 2 (not spoilerish....just a camp, the dog at the beginning is the best part of it tbh)

28-07-2011
V.I.P.

28-07-2011
V.I.P.

^that´s really cool! thanks for the vids, Alvie
that opening song is one of the best EVER!

28-07-2011
V.I.P.

^i LOVE the opening song (i even have it as my alarm...and probably wake up the whole neighbourhood)

and i don't know why this is making me laugh so much

ontd

and i'll only post the link since it's spoiler-y, but there are some set pics here
http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cable/h...es-set-photos/

28-07-2011
front row

omg that gif is hilarious

I also really like this one of the Lannisters

ontd

28-07-2011
V.I.P.

^LOL! Those are hilarious!

That dog is adorable in the video you posted, Alvedansen
The set looks amazing!

29-07-2011
V.I.P.

interview with GRRM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...usaolp00000008

full of SPOILERS though so beware

03-08-2011
V.I.P.

some casting news, i'll try to white out all the stuff that's not yet obvious from the first season or that says something about their actions in the season

Quote:
Exclusive: Tom Wlaschiha is Jaqen H’ghar

The steady flow of casting news continues… and now we have our own exclusive Game of Thrones casting to announce. The part of Jaqen H’ghar will be filled by German actor Tom Wlaschiha. Wlaschiha has appeared in numerous German films and TV series’ and also had a few small roles in Hollywood films such as Enemy at the Gates, Munich and Valkyrie. You can check out his showreel at his official site.

Jaqen H’ghar is one of a group of criminals that is being taken to the Wall by Yoren along with Arya. Tower of the Hand notes his appearance in the book as “slender and fine-featured, half of his hair is red and the other half is white.” HBO describes Jaqen as “sly, enigmatic, and a dangerous criminal, part of Yoren’s group of recruits taken from King’s Landing to join the Night’s Watch. A foreigner from the Free Cities, he speaks broken English. Seductive, charming, and very dangerous.”
i hope he doesn't speak with a German accent, i can't deal with that i hate when German politicians try to speak English, so much secondhand-embarrassment

Quote:
Karl Davies cast as… Alton Lannister?

A tiny bit of casting news, British actor Karl Davies has reportedly been cast to play a character named Alton Lannister. He has been seen on set and his CV confirms it (see what happens when you wait to release casting news, HBO?). Davies has appeared on the small screen in the UK in roles in the British soap Emmerdale and more recently in the comedy/drama series Kingdom. This looks to be his first role in a US production.

In the books, there is no Alton Lannister. So it is unclear who Davies may be playing in the show. Reports from the set indicate he may be filling the role of Cleos Frey from the books. Cleos has a Frey father but his mother is a Lannister, so maybe they reversed his parents to give him that last name. In the books, Cleos fights for Jaime Lannister and gets captured by Robb Stark along with Jaime in the Battle of the Whispering Wood. His big role in the story however doesn’t come about until the third book, A Storm of Swords. Assuming Davies is playing the Cleos character, this lends further credence to my theory of them moving up a certain storyline from book three into the second season.
Quote:
Nonso Anozie cast as Xaro Xhoan Daxos

HBO’s opening the floodgates (well, cracking them open a wee bit, in any case!) with casting news. Hot on the heels of EW getting the confirmation on Asha Greyjoy (renamed “Yara” for the show), HBO’s given us wee scoop: the indentity of Qartheen merchant-prince Xaro Xhoan Daxos, who will provide Daenerys shelter and support in the ancient, decadent city of Qarth…

For a price.

Cast in the role is British actor Nonso Anozie (Facebook page), a noted theatre actor who set a record for the youngest actor to play the part of “King Lear” in a professional production (at the age of 22 or 23), and won the Ian Charleson Award in 2005 for his performance in the titular role in the Cheek by Jowl production of “Othello”.

Of course, some fans will note the fact that the Qartheen of the novels are described as being “pale as milk”, and Nonso is anything but. It’s a change, but we trust that Nonso was the best actor for the part, and for my part that’s all that really matters when we’re looking out to the exotic East.
Quote:

With the Game of Thrones season two cast, you also get Theon Greyjoy’s bold sister Asha (except we’re not going to call her that). Producers have tapped Gemma Whelan (Gulliver’s Travels, The Wolfman) to play Asha Yara Greyjoy, the older sister of the Stark family’s impulsive young ward Theon. Yara defies the Ironborn traditions of her family by commanding her own ship and leading men into battle, as well as having a penchant for axes.
Producers changed the character’s name from Asha to Yara presumably because the former sounds too much like another character in the show, Osha (they did the same with young King Robert in the Eyrie in season one, changing his name to Robin as not to confuse him with King Robert Baratheon).
ontd

Last edited by Alvedansen; 03-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones