Game of Thrones - Page 14 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
03-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
HBO’s Game of Thrones has made its first casting hire for season 2:
Natalie Dormer, who memorably played the seductive and doomed Anne Boleyn on Showtime’s The Tudors, has been added to the fantasy drama’s regular cast.
Dormer will play Margaery Tyrell, a beautiful and shrewd young woman from the influential House Tyrell. She’s pledged to marry the late King Robert’s brother, Renly Baratheon, as part of House Tyrell’s support for his bid to seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
In addition to The Tudors (where, appropriately enough for joining the decapitation-filled Thrones, her character was beheaded) Dormer is also appearing in the upcoming Captain America.
Quote:
Actress Gwendoline Christie has been cast in the pivotal part of Brienne, announced Thrones author George R.R. Martin on his blog.
Brienne isn’t physically a very flattering character in the books, described as a large and piggish-looking woman with an awkward personality who’s mocked as “Brienne the Beauty.” But her character, who serves the late king’s brother Renly, is a fan favorite. Brienne is as tough and skilled with a sword as most men and longs for knighthood despite her gender.
Quote:

The final major new role on HBO’s Game of Thrones has been filled: Irish actor Liam Cunningham has landed the part of Davos for the show’s second season. Cunningham has appeared in many productions over the years, including Starz’ now defunct Camelot, the recent Clash of the Titans remake and The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
A fan favorite from George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire novels, Davos Seaworth is a family man and former smuggler. He earned the nickname “The Onion Knight” after successfully getting food into Stannis Baratheon’s besieged castle during the war that put Robert Baratheon on the Iron Throne. The authoritarian Stannis gave Davos a knighthood for his actions — but also shortened some of his fingers for his criminal past. In season two, Stannis enlists Davos to help him seize the Iron Throne from King Joffrey.
Quote:
Melisandre is powerful woman who counsels the late King Robert’s eldest younger brother, Stannis Baratheon, in his quest to claim the Iron Throne. She’s described as a seductive force possessing prophetic powers who’s willing to impose her religion on the world by any means necessary. Stannis, meanwhile, believes himself to be the Iron Throne’s rightful heir and is described as humorless and authoritative, with a strict moral code (his younger brother Renly, who also wants to be king, memorably described Stannis in the first season as having “the personality of a lobster”). But Stannis is gradually succumbing to the power of his newfound religion.
Melisandre will be played by Carice van Houten, a Dutch stage and film actress. She’s appeared in the movies Valkyrie and Repo Men. I think you’ll agree she looks just about perfect for Melisandre.
Quote:
And Stannis will be played by…

British actor Stephen Dillane, best known to U.S. audiences by playing Thomas Jefferson in HBO’s John Adams.
Houten and Dillane join two previously revealed Thrones season 2 cast members.
ew.com

04-08-2011
front row

adding fictional characters to the tv serie? maybe is to attract the atention of those who have read the books and think they won't find any surprise in the tv serie.

wow, Melisandre is so hot that burns , did you catch it ? burns

ewww... well is just a saga fans joke , i said nothing

06-08-2011
V.I.P.

SOO happy about the casting choices. Carice for Melissandre? Go Dutchies!! Happy for her aswell that she's now making it overseas. She really is an amazingly talented actress.

And Natalie for Margaery? I died when I heard it. She made Anne Boleyn iconic. And she has the greatest b.tchface. So far, casting is spot-on.

06-08-2011
V.I.P.

Merel you're back!

i guess with Margaery they're also making her older in the series? in the books she's 15

i'm waiting for the casting of Meera and Jojen tbh...and Ygritte of course

06-08-2011
trendsetter

I haven't even finished watching season one yet, just haven't had the time to fit it in, but I supposed to be going out to the set in the next few weeks to see Nat. Stephen Dillane's casting is great news, both he and Liam Cunningham are wonderful actors.

07-08-2011
tfs star

I did love Natalie Dormer in The Tudors, but Tyrell is supposed to be not that much older than Joffrey. But I mean, they've aged up all the actors so I guess...they'll make it work.

Aside from that love the rest of the casting! Particularly Stannis! Can't think of anybody else who would be more perfect than Dillane now..

08-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
I did love Natalie Dormer in The Tudors, but Tyrell is supposed to be not that much older than Joffrey. But I mean, they've aged up all the actors so I guess...they'll make it work.

Aside from that love the rest of the casting! Particularly Stannis! Can't think of anybody else who would be more perfect than Dillane now..
Imagine Margaery facing-off Cersei. Natalie will make that so epic and gif-worthy.

10-08-2011
tfs star

^^^:p Natalie would melt that constipated look right off Lena's face!

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

Who do you guys want as Ygritte and Jeyne?
I want some Frenchies. Léa Seydoux as Ygritte and Astrid Bèrges-Frisbey as Jeyne and I'm a happy girl.

Léa would be great in my opinion. Her teeth are not perfect, she's not doll-face perfect (as proven in Robin Hood) No problem in dying her hair and seems to have no problem with nudity either.

leaseydoux.org

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

i'd really like Léa, but last i heard they were looking for a scottish girl

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

Oona Chaplin has been cast as Jeyne. No answer whetever she's Jeyne Pool or Jeyne Westerling.

Last edited by Empress Merel; 12-08-2011 at 03:17 PM.

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

wasn't Poole already introduced at the feast in Winterfell though? and i haven't started the third book yet, so i don't really know the other Jeyne yet (we, actually i do from reading spoilers) but the girl is really pretty imo
and have i missed something or is JP not even around in book 2? i thought she was dead...does she come back in book 3? please no spoilers, just y/n

sometimes with these castings i feel like i need to re-read the second book because i can barely remember some of the minor characters...and i just finished it

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

I think Jeyne Poole was just taken away and sent somewhere to have her off Sansa's back, as I believe was said in the books. But she's not dead.

I haven't started the second one yet. Is it slow? Everyone says it's slow. I've been spoiling myself on the whole series but I won't keep up once the second series picks up again. NOT looking forward to Dany's upcoming storyline. She's already pissing me off with her blood of the dragon quote.

12-08-2011
V.I.P.

i quite liked it, the only storylines that i was a bit disappointed with were Jon's and Dany's, not too much happened. but i loved Arya's chapters (she's such a little hbic)
and i loved how much magic and ...well other stuff (can't get into details, but the Stark children are a little special) was in it, it felt so different and i can't wait to see it on TV.
also, there was like NO Robb and you only heard of his battles, but he never has his own POV chapters and the people who have their own POV chapters that used to be with him go on their own journeys so it's gonna be interesting to see all that

13-08-2011
V.I.P.

I love this series/show so much that I named my new kitten Arya. She really has lot of her characteristics. She tricked us for 3 days by making us think she is a male cat. She is extremely brave and is completely fearless. When she had her shots today and she did not flinch.

I think only GOT fans will understand why I named her after my favorite character.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones