Game of Thrones - Page 16 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
19-08-2011
tfs star

First of all, I don't know what is "Game of Thrones" so I don't know if this is a spoiler or not.
Quote:
It has been confirmed via a number of sources (including Hannah’s official page at Troika Talent) that Hannah will be joining the cast of HBO’s Game of Thrones for season 2 as a character called Gilly. She will be joining fellow Skins alumni Joe Dempsie, and the series has been a huge success so far, so this is very exciting news!
Source: hannah-murray.com
Just because of that Im interested now.

22-08-2011
V.I.P.

can anyone tell my why Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) was in (i think it's) House Targaryen in the first two intros of the show? just a stupid mistake? i believe Emilia Clarke (Daenerys) also had the wrong icon. in the intro of the third episode Sophie has the Stark icon...

youtube

24-08-2011
V.I.P.

I think it was just a mistake! Don't overanalyse it.

25-08-2011
V.I.P.

I just bought the second book. Excited for the Arya, Sansa and Jon chapters the most.
But I still have to finish Jane Eyre, so gonna do that first.

26-08-2011
front row

i recently finished the fifth book, but i can't say anything because of the spoilers . Anyway i hope the sixth doesn't need another five years to be released ..

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

GRRM still needs to begin on the sixth one, if I'm correct so who knows? HBO will want speed on that one though.

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

they're filming the part of the season 2 in my country, just in the south (Dubrovnik).

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

^^i read on ontd that he has already finished the Arya(Or Sansa?) and Cersei chapters for winds of winter and the reason it took so long for dance of dragons to finish was getting the chapters into the right order/timeline, so he might be quicker with WoW (let's hope so)

kissmesweet: i didn't interpret it as anything else than a mistake, i was just baffled by the stupidity of it, sort of like the eyes problem in the last Harry Potter movie

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

long interview with GRRM that's spoiler-free (i haven't finished watching it, but that's what they promised)

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

more casting news...still no Ygritte

Quote:

The Hollywood Reporter has the exclusive news that Welsh actor ROBERT PUGH has been cast in the role of Craster, a brutish wildling who rules his “keep”, terrorizing his wives and his daughters… many of whom are one and the same. Considered a friend to the Watch, he’ll play a part in the Lord Commander’s expedition beyond the Wall. Pugh’s a veteran actor with a number of film roles under his belt, including appearances in Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World, Robin Hood, and The Last Legion.
Quote:

"Irish actor Michael McElhatton has been confirmed by George as playing the iconic Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort. Though not well known here across the pond, McElhatton is a veteran of British stage and screen, and has starred in numerous indie dramas and comedies, and from what I’ve seen scouring You Tube, he’s exceptional."
Quote:
“Game of Thrones” author George R. R. Martin has confirmed some new casting news for the second season of the hit, Emmy-nominated HBO show.

British actor Ben Crompton will play Dolorous Edd, a member of the Night’s Watch, who works for the Old Bear, Lord Commander Jeor Mormontt (James Cosmo), Martin confirmed on his
Not A Blog on Tuesday.

Crompton’s character will join Jon Snow (Kit Harington) and the men of the Night’s Watch as they journey beyond the Wall, in search of Snow’s uncle, the long-missing Benjen Stark (Joseph Mawle).

Crompton, from Manchester, England, appeared in the UK television show “Man Stroke Woman.”
He was also in PBS movie “The Mayor of Casterbridge,” which starred former “Rome” actors James Purefoy (Marc Anthony) and Polly Walker (Atia).

He also played Inspector Mason in “North & South,” the British miniseries based on the 1855 novel by Elizabeth Gaskell, which starred upcoming “The Hobbit” actor, Richard Armitage.

ontd

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:

The legendary Roy Dotrice, a longtime friend of George R. R. Martin and voice artiste extraordinaire has been cast to play Pyromancer (traditionally called a “Wisdom”) Hallyne. Some of you know of Roy due to the fact that he was initially cast to play Grand Maester Pycelle, but had to pull out before the first season due to an illness.

Most others know him because he is responsible for the thousand-and-one voices you hear on your A Song of Ice and Fire audiobooks; Roy did all of them except A Feast for Crows, and is quite well regarded within the fandom because of that.

George confirmed our suspicions on his Not A Blog:

"Yes, it’s ROY DOTRICE in the role of Hallyne the pyromancer, chief of the Guild of Alchemists.

The “hot hint” was a reference to pyromancy, of course.

Down under Manhattan, in the tunnel community of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, Roy played Father, the wise leader of the tunnel folk.

Later, as audiobook reader, he did all the myriad voices in the first three Ice & Fire novels.

And of course the alchemists style themselves with the honorific “wisdom.”

Roy is one of the finest actors I have ever had the privilege of working with, and I’m thrilled to have him back on the series."
Quote:
This has been confirmed by now...she'll play Jeyne Westerling

Yesterday I came across an interview with Oona Chaplin who is currently on the BBC series "The Hour". During said interview, Ooona mentions, " I’ve got a part in Game of Thrones."

No confirmation has been found yet, however, while looking for confirmation I did see that Chaplin is a client of the Troika Agency who also manage Richard Madden (Robb Stark), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister, Carice van Houten (Melisandre) and Hannah Murray (Gilly). HBO definitely has a connection to that agency for whatever that's worth as proof.
Quote:
We have some exclusive casting news for you, the House Gatewatch faithful. British actor Patrick Malahide has been cast as Lord Balon Greyjoy.

Balon Greyjoy is the head of House Greyjoy and father to Theon and
Yara. He rules the Iron Islands and is a hard and fierce leader. He
plays a small but pivotal role in season two. Malahide is a British
character actor with dozens of roles on both the small and big screens.
He has had appearances in films such as The World Is Not Enough, Billy Elliott, and Quills. On television he starred in the early 90s TV series The Inspector Alleyn Mysteries and more recently appeared in the HBO mini-series Elizabeth I and the BBC sci-fi show Survivors.

all via ontd

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Lucian Msamati will play the pirate, Salladhor Saan. Producers have enlisted Lucian Msamati in the role for the highly anticipated second season. He’s a (one more time, all together now) British stage and screen actor. Msamati is known to some HBO viewers from his role on No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.
Salladhor Saan is a mercenary pirate pledged to the late King Robert’s brother Stannis.

Dagmer Cleftjaw has been cast and playing the role will be British actor Ralph Ineson.
Dagmer, called the Cleftjaw, is master-at-arms for the Greyjoy’s and captains the ship Foamdrinker. He earned his nickname as a boy, when an axe blow to the face left him with a nasty scar.
Ineson is a film and TV actor with some notable credits to his name. You may remember him as Finchy in the BBC version of The Office. More recently he appeared in the final two Harry Potter films as the Death Eater Amycus Carrow. He also had small roles in the films From Hell, The First Knight and Robin Hood.

Also German-born actress Laura Pradelska has been cast to play Quaithe in season two of Game of Thrones.
And finally actor Forbes KB has been cast to play the character Black Lorren. Black Lorren is an Ironborn reaver, considered one of the most fierce.

all via ontd

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Access Hollywood reports that young actor Daniel Portman has been cast to play Podrick Payne.

Access Hollywood can exclusively reveal that actor Daniel Portman has been cast as Tyrion’s squire, Podrick Payne.
Podrick is actually in the first book in author George R. R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” series, but was not shown in Season 1 of the HBO series.
He becomes an invaluable ally to Tyrion as the imp becomes the King’s Hand in Season 2.
Portman appeared in the 2010 horror film “Outcast,” alongside “Dr. Who” star Karen Gillan. He also has a small role in the upcoming 2012-due film, “The Angel’s Share.”

British actor Ian Hanmore will be playing the role of Pyat Pree. (right pic)

Pree is a mysterious warlock from Qarth that attempts to win Daenerys to his cause. Hanmore is a veteran TV actor with appearances on Doctor Who, Life on Mars, Outlaws and Shameless.

Quote:
George’s hints for the roles of Rorge and Biter have been deciphered. This time we had a bit of a head start as we had already had an inkling of who would be playing Rorge. The Biter clue took some time of puzzling over the clues, but was eventually solved. Kudos to OhDanyBoy for figuring it out!
First, Andy Beckwith has been confirmed as Rorge. Rorge is a dangerous criminal that travels with Arya and Yoren to the Wall. As we mentioned in our previous Rorge post, “Beckwith is a consummate character actor known for rough-and-tumble roles, having appeared in movies such asSnatch, Unleashed, and two of the Pirates of the Caribbean films.” Beckwith fit the clues of a pirate (was in Pirates of the Caribbean), a nark (played Nathan the Nark in The Sins), a corporal (played a corporal inDinotopia) and a barman (played Terry the Barman in Tabloid TV).
The remaining clues pointed to Gerard Jordan as Biter. Biter is another, even more dangerous, criminal traveling to the Wall with Yoren and company to take the black. Jordan is a Belfast-based character actor, with roles in Fifty Dead Men Walking, Fair City, and Pulling Moves. Jordan fit the clues of a bully (was a night-time bully in Savage), a dead man (was in Fifty Dead Men Walking), a gash (played Gash in Accelerator), and a potato (played Spudz in Peacefire).
Winter Is Coming: Some of you are probably wondering, didn’t we see Rorge and Biter at the end of season one? Well, yes, sorta. Those were extras who only had to sit there and look menacing. Now that the roles require some more acting, they needed to cast some actual actors. And these two look perfect. Welcome to the cast, fellas!
all via ontd

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

and some stuff about Season 1

Quote:
  • The famous unnamed, unanounced, fan-favourite character sporting several lines whom we dubbed King’s Landing Butler (our fandom’s own counterpart to Figwit the elf) was played by Nina Gold’s casting associate Robert Sterne. Talking about fringe benefits! Sterne did great as KLB, I liked his role and the way it was played, even more than the slightly absurd anachronism of calling it butler.
  • They used a real, hairy, smelly stag carcass in the Charles Dance (Tywin) intro scene. Yup, honest to god, Dance skinned and gutted a real animal (well, pretended to), take by take. We have no info on it, but the dead stag in the first episode could also have been alive. I mean, once. But that was an outdoor scene, at least – I cannot imagine what that tent must have smelled like.
  • In contrast, Hodor’s … erm, hodor in the godswood scene was not the real McCoy. All prosthetics, said Natalia Tena (Osha) in an interview; with Westeros.org, I believe. Which does not go to say that Christian Nairn does not sport a similar tool, but I am not going to check it myself when I meet him in Belfast, either.
  • Remember how new and old fans alike cheered at on-screen deaths, decapitations, and general bloodshed all the way until the end of episode 109? Of course you do. However, the viewers quickly established the rules concerning animals. They should be treated with more respect! You can cut off a human head (if it is not Sean Bean’s, that is) but horse decapitations are a no go. It actually all started already in episode 102 where Sansa’s Lady, played by the dog Zunni, meets her demise. Animal rights activists will be happy to hear that Zunni was adopted by Sophie Turner (Sansa) after the shoot. All dogs go to heaven.
  • Ros was originally supposed to be a one-scene role. The producers liked Esme Bianco’s turn in the pilot so much they expanded her role, and used her character to translate the story from the books to screen.
  • Conan Stevens had campaigned for the role of Gregor years in advance. He even auditioned for Drogo during the pilot casting phase, hoping that getting his face in front of the producers would help when it was time to audition for Gregor. Read this post on his blog to learn about all the steps he took to become the mean brute who likes to post a comment or two on our site every now and then. Seriously, read it. You’ll see why he was once the school chess champion and why he is a member of Mensa International. His other title – that of university beer drinking champion – was not compulsory to secure the role, but I am sure it helped.
again via ontd

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

website for the video game
http://www.agot-genesis.com/

looks amazing, i'm usually not into games, but this kind of got me interested

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones