How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-03-2012
V.I.P.

seems like there's gonna be a proper Loras/Renly scene this season

ontd

12-03-2012
V.I.P.

Oh my.

And I love whistling the theme tune.

13-03-2012
V.I.P.

tumblr:wicnet

15-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly‘s March 23 2012 issue features a special preview of the new season of Game of Thrones.

The mag also has 4 Collector’s Covers!

In the issue:

To create the hugely anticipated second season of HBO’s Game of Thrones, the cast and crew were — in the words of dragon queen Emilia Clarke — “battling everything.”

The Thrones team fought heat in Croatia, mud and rain in Belfast, and a blizzard in Iceland in their globe-trotting quest to bring the next installment of George R.R. Martin’s beloved fantasy series to life. And if warring against nature’s elements wasn’t enough, showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff faced the hefty narrative challenge of adapting an increasingly complex tale, introducing of a slew of new characters and figuring out how to pull off the most epic climactic battle ever attempted for television.

“This is season is about a country at war,” says Benioff, who along with Weiss, successfully lobbied HBO for a 15 percent budget increase to stage the second season. “And we felt like if we didn’t see the most important battle of this entire war onscreen, we’re going to shortchange viewers.”

Oh, and lest we forget, the team had to throw in a few realistic-looking dragons and direwolves too (the latter played by real wolves this time, enhanced by CGI, instead of dogs).

“To my knowledge, a story of this scale has never been told within filmed entertainment,” Weiss says. “There’s so many characters and locations and storylines, so many things that are atypical in television — and for good reason. You could do this show relatively easily with twice the money that we have, then after a couple great seasons it’d collapse under its own weight and cease to exist.”

Pick up this week’s Entertainment Weekly featuring four different Game of Thrones covers to get all the details on newsstands or buy them right now at ew.com/gameofthronescovers.

celebritychatta

15-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
"To create the hugely anticipated second season of HBO’s Game of Thrones, the cast and crew were — in the words of dragon queen Emilia Clarke — “battling everything.”

The Thrones team fought heat in Croatia, mud and rain in Belfast, and a blizzard in Iceland in their globe-trotting quest to bring the next installment of George R.R. Martin’s beloved fantasy series to life. And if warring against nature’s elements wasn’t enough, showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff faced the hefty narrative challenge of adapting an increasingly complex tale, introducing of a slew of new characters and figuring out how to pull off the most epic climactic battle ever attempted for television.

“This is season is about a country at war,” says Benioff, who along with Weiss, successfully lobbied HBO for a 15 percent budget increase to stage the second season. “And we felt like if we didn’t see the most important battle of this entire war onscreen, we’re going to shortchange viewers.”

Oh, and lest we forget, the team had to throw in a few realistic-looking dragons and direwolves too (the latter played by real wolves this time, enhanced by CGI, instead of dogs).

Get more EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

“To my knowledge, a story of this scale has never been told within filmed entertainment,” Weiss says. “There’s so many characters and locations and storylines, so many things that are atypical in television — and for good reason. You could do this show relatively easily with twice the money that we have, then after a couple great seasons it’d collapse under its own weight and cease to exist.”

But no pressure! We’ve seen the first two episodes and they’re … fantastic. How did the Thrones team pull it off? What can fans expect this season? And what do Thrones newbies need to know to catch up?

EW visited the Thrones set in Croatia to get the scoop and interview the producers and cast, and went to Belfast to snap some exclusive behind-the-scenes photos (including this priceless gem)."

spoilertv

15-03-2012
V.I.P.

Game of Thrones - New Official Fan Poster - The King Can Do As He Likes

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - First look at Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H’ghar

spoilertv

Last edited by Dora; 15-03-2012 at 04:18 AM.
15-03-2012
V.I.P.

Details of first five episodes (whited out due to possible spoilers)
2.01 “The North Remembers”
  • As Robb Stark and his northern army continue the war against the Lannisters, Tyrion arrives in King’s Landing to counsel Joffrey and temper the young king’s excesses. On the island of Dragonstone, Stannis Baratheon plots an invasion to claim his late brother’s throne, allying himself with the fiery Melisandre, a strange priestess of a stranger god. Across the sea, Daenerys, her three young dragons and khalasar trek through the Red Waste in search of allies, or water. In the North, Bran presides over a threadbare Winterfell, while beyond the Wall, Jon Snow and the Night’s Watch must shelter with a devious wildling.
2.02 “The Night Lands”
  • In the wake of a bloody purge in the capital, Tyrion chastens Cersei for alienating the king’s subjects. On the road north, Arya shares a secret with Gendry, a Night’s Watch recruit. With supplies dwindling, one of Dany’s scouts returns with news of their position. After nine years as a Stark ward, Theon Greyjoy reunites with his father Balon, who wants to restore the ancient Kingdom of the Iron Islands. Davos enlists Salladhor Saan, a pirate, to join forces with Stannis and Melisandre for a naval invasion of King’s Landing.
2.03 “What Is Dead May Never Die”
  • At the Red Keep, Tyrion plots three alliances through the promise of marriage. Catelyn arrives in the Stormlands to forge an alliance of her own. But King Renly, his new wife Margaery and her brother Loras Tyrell have other plans. At Winterfell, Luwin tries to decipher Bran’s dreams.
2.04 “Garden of Bones”
  • Joffrey punishes Sansa for Robb’s victories, while Tyrion and Bronn scramble to temper the king’s cruelty. Catelyn entreats Stannis and Renly to forego their ambitions and unite against the Lannisters. Dany and her exhausted khalasar arrive at the gates of Qarth, a prosperous city with strong walls and rulers who greet her outside them. Tyrion coerces a queen’s man into being his eyes and ears. Arya and Gendry are taken to Harrenhal, where their lives rest in the hands of “The Mountain,” Gregor Clegane. Davos must revert to his old ways and smuggle Melisandre into a secret cove.
2.05 “The Ghost of Harrenhal”
  • The end of the Baratheon rivalry drives Catelyn to flee and Littlefinger to act. At King’s Landing, Tyrion’s source alerts him to Joffrey’s flawed defense plan and a mysterious secret weapon. Theon sails to the Stony Shore to prove he’s worthy to be called Ironborn. In Harrenhal, Arya receives a promise from Jaqen H’ghar, one of three prisoners she saved from the Gold Cloaks. The Night’s Watch arrive at the Fist of the First Men, an ancient fortress where they hope to stem the advance of the wildling army.

15-03-2012
backstage pass

SO glad I subscribe to EW! I hope get Jon or Tyrion's cover. In the middle of reading "A Clash of Kings" now, and there is plenty of great stuff for the season. SO EXCITED!

15-03-2012
V.I.P.

stills

spoilertv.co.uk

15-03-2012
V.I.P.

EW pics

spoilertv.co.uk

15-03-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
Snip
tumblr:wicnet
Glad to see they're staying true to the series :p

But I'm only a quarter way through A Clash of the Kings and already I'm excited for the second season. Melisandre stirs up so much emotion for me.

15-03-2012
windowshopping

why is the guy playing jamie not blond anymore ? he looked so much better.

anyway. SO EXCITED

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

some more new pics

ontd

16-03-2012
V.I.P.

another poster...
I can´t wait but everytime the ad comes on tv I change channels LOL

ebook-free-download.net

18-03-2012
V.I.P.